Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
luke.miers

Trader Rating: (0)
luke.miers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Luke 1JZ VVTI 180SX Build

Hey my names Luke and I live in New Zealand. About 3 years ago I purchased a 180sx with a CA18DET engine. The engine was completely stock internally with just bolt on mods and made 210kw. I have no idea why but some part of me decided it would be a good idea to pull the engine out and rebuild it - this is where the fun began..

To cut a VERY long story short this is what happened.. I rebuilt the engine with forged pistons, h beam conrods, race bearings etc etc. Converted from the hydraulic lifter setup to solid lifters and used Tomei double valve springs and Tomei Procams.. Extensive porting and polishing was also done.. Pretty much everything that you could possibly think of was done to this engine with no expense spared. Anyway, I had the car put on a dyno and the unthinkable happened.. one of the big end bearings gave way and boom there goes my engine just like that. The whole bottom end of the engine was fucked to say the least. Luckily, the cylinder head was still fine.

At this point I really could not be fucked with the car to be honest and I sold everything that I had CA18 related. After hours and hours of researching online & thinking I decided to swap in a 1JZ VVTI - something that I should of done right from the start. AND the build continues.

Now the fun begins

Putting this 1JZ in was probably the best thing that I've done for this car. It puts out 300kw ATW and runs like a dream with only bolt on mods - the engine itself is stock internally.

This whole build has taken me over 3 years and I can happily say that I will never do anything like this again.. for now anyway

Sorry about the thread it isn't the tidiest I just chucked it up in a few mins.
luke.miers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
tjcbar

Trader Rating: (0)
tjcbar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can't go wrong with a 1jz
tjcbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:16 PM   #3
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man that sucks, I had the same luck;
Built my CA18 last year, just with an S15 turbo and stock cams.... didn't even last a year, got low compression on it. So pissed.
1JZ will be so much more reliable, and sound better!