Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #31
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Any One Know A Machine Shop In New York City That Can Redrill Rotors To 5 Lug???????????????
Old 04-27-2008, 03:20 AM   #32
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp owen View Post
Imabalance is not a big factor at all because the remaining holes are at such a small distance from the center of rotation / axis.
if you wanted to be gung ho about balancing the hubs you can just drill a hole 180degrees away from each of the THREE leftover open holes from the old 4 lug pattern.
180 degrees from each unused hole is already a hole. the 4 and 5 lug patterns are in balance, the only problem is that the one that lines up with both is counted twice. you'd have to drill two smaller holes on either side of the double hole. but as you said, it really doesn't matter because of the minimal weight and small distance from the axis of rotation.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #33
WTS3
Zilvia Member

WTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOabuse View Post
Ummm how bout...

Ichiba

http://www.ichibausa.com/5lugconversion1.html

&

Peak performance

http://www.peak-performance.net/content/view/127/96/

$250 / set..... cheap enough considering they include new OEM bearings.
where'd you find the $250 or was that a type-o???
WTS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #34
SW20Racer
Nissanaholic!

SW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfectionSW20Racer is close to perfection
theres alot of jibba jabba here. i didnt read hardly anything to be honest.

i did notice though that the op said he was wanting a bmw->honda bolt pattern

e30cabrio, heres something you might find neat if you dont want to drill your hubs, (drilling hubs is perfectly ok by the way)

http://www.tunershop.com/Wheels/

phatty 4 lugs 'r us
SW20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #35
awesomenick
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
awesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I'm going to be trying this on some spare 4 lug hubs soon. We'll see how it goes. I'm using a 5 lug rotor to know where to drill.

I haven't searched yet, but will an s14 se rotor be hubcentric on an s13 4 lug hub? I'll search now, but if anybody knows off the top of their head, that's cool too.
awesomenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #36
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
yep, S14, S13, Z32 are all hub centric.. if anyone in socal wants this done, we got a mill @ my work, so we can do it!

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #37
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Imbalance would be very minimal, probably absolutely un-noticeable
The saving grace is that the studs are close to the axis of rotation. So any imbalance would not be as great.

Wheel imbalance would affect rotational inertia more due to the wheel's distance from the axis of rotation.

I would venture to guess that most S-chassis owners don't care about wheel balancing because tread depth is so inconsistent due to drifting/trying to drift.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote