Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
Frankyy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Frankyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lq9 coilpacks on 2jz vvti, Help!

Alright, I’ve searched around and couldn’t source the answer I’m looking for! I purchased the cx racing lq9 brackets and coil packs. I’ve noticed everyone re uses the stock blue boots for the 6 coil packs only I’ve noticed that the vvti only has 3 blue boots that can be removed? Does the non vvti have 6 blue boots that can be re used? If so where could I source 6 boots and contact springs to go with the lq9 coilpacks? Another thing that I noticed was that when I dropped the lq9 coilpacks onto the plugs they didn’t really “click” onto the plug they just sat on top and felt like they had very little contact... am I missing something?
Frankyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I don't know much about the vvti stuff, but you mean the rubber boots for the coils? They should all come off yea.

These lq9 coils state they are using 2jz boots though.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #3
Frankyy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Frankyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so I just got home with boots using the part number from a non vvti. The coilpacks fit nicely into the new boots and ounce the bracket is on they are snug and don't move! on the other hand the stock contact springs from the vvti coil packs barley make contact with the plug! does anyone know if non vvti or 1j coil pack contact springs are longer?
Frankyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:05 PM   #4
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyy View Post
so I just got home with boots using the part number from a non vvti. The coilpacks fit nicely into the new boots and ounce the bracket is on they are snug and don't move! on the other hand the stock contact springs from the vvti coil packs barley make contact with the plug! does anyone know if non vvti or 1j coil pack contact springs are longer?
I can take pics of mine and measure then tonight