Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:47 AM   #1
Sr20probs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Sr20probs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Top mount exhaust

Hey guys I thought I could make my own but it's a pain. Anyone know where I can get an full exhaust for a top mount gt2871r on my 93 240sx. I rather not deal with bullshit and just bolt I up. Its a top mount gt2871r I just can't seem to get an exhaust for this thing. I know ton of people do it so just curious what I need to do. Thanks
Sr20probs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2017, 05:55 AM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Every setup is different and I am not sure anyone makes a full bolt up solution. There will be some fab work involved.

Once you get a downpipe then the rest should be cake. Just buy a downpipe which is close to fitting, chop it up and extend/angle/etc as you need.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:10 AM   #3
Sr20probs
Zilvia Member

I have the down pipe bolted up with a flex pipe but I lm going to remove the flex pipe since it leaks. I guess I'll just take the flex pipe off and work from the downpipe back. It's actually more of a pain than you think getting it sit high enough
Old 08-21-2017, 06:14 AM   #4
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Just clamp a couple pipes together and drive it to an exhaust shop (or trailer it). Much easier, less time consuming and less of a pain than trying to cobble (especially your first if so) one together.

By the time you buy material. etc, and spend all the time, someone could have been done in a few hours.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:36 AM   #5
Sr20probs
Zilvia Member

That's a good idea actually my buddy works at an exhaust shop mine as well do that. I appreciate the help man. I'll let you know how it goes!