Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #1
1320VR4
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
1320VR4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Best choice for front fender?

Hey guys, I'm having issues finding s13 front fenders that have remotely decent fitment. I got a set of 40mm ED fenders but the lip that runs along the side of the hood and gets bolted down was up at about a 45 degree angle. I wouldn't have been able to drill holes and bolt it down without cutting the lip off and re-glasssing it back in. Also I got a set of origin 40mm copies from a guy in like Costa Rica (jtp fiberglass) but those fit awful.

I really want the 40mm Origin front fenders but to get them right now I'm looking at around $500 for the fenders plus shipping to me. No one in the tri state area has them in stock. How do real origin front fenders fit? I have origin 55mm rears at the moment and they seem to fit pretty good. For the most part I have to do minimal work to get them to fit. My other plausible option would be to get metal fenders and pull them a bit so they have a lip to match the rear overs.

Is there another brand that has a front fender with a bit of a lip that fits good without being extremely expensive?

94 240SX, 93 Stealth, 92 VR4, 93 RX7 , 88 Yota
1320VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2016, 07:01 PM   #2
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Chargespeed
Old 02-08-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
dude, its fiberglass... be a man and get a heatgun or torch to it! fiberglass bends and flexes just fine when you heat it up.

also, even good fiberglass parts still require a small amount of fitment work with sand paper and heat regardless of what anyone says. just the nature of the material and how its removed from the molds.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
Blk96t
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Blk96t is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chargespeed will be the highest quality you can easily get but stupid expensive.
My personal favorite fenders which will be harder to get but super baller are Koguchi power!
But why not try what Lennon said before buying new ones. Sack up and use a heat gun.
Btw dura flex is not quality, it's cheep. So major fitment is required
Blk96t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
Blk96t
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Blk96t is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've also heard The quality of Origin products isn't very good.
I've gotten a few chargespeed pieces over the years and the quality has always been great for fiberglass parts.
Blk96t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #6
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
good fiberglass parts still require a small amount of fitment work with sand paper and heat regardless of what anyone says. just the nature of the material and how its removed from the molds.
that is false. vertex fit fucking perfect, no modding whatsoever. also so did chargespeed. what do you consider "good" ?

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:32 AM   #7
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsu1012 View Post
that is false. vertex fit fucking perfect, no modding whatsoever. also so did chargespeed. what do you consider "good" ?

The question is what do you consider "fit fucking perfect".

Even OEM steel needs to be tweaked at times.

As stated, the process of making Fiberglas parts naturally lends to the need for body work and fitment massaging. Google it.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #8
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
hit up factionmotorsports, 240sxmotoring, and elite jdm. all are vendors for origin and within driving distance for you
Old 02-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #9
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
i consider OEM fitment with no spaces between body parts and metal a perfect fit, oh also no sideskirts pulling away from the body as well... i highly doubt your Vertex kit fit THAT perfectly. ive seen a few vertex kits in person and helped fit them to friends cars, while their fitment was very good, it wasnt perfect!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #10
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Although yours appears to fit very well, all fiberglass will need to be worked, maybe not so much for fitment issues but worked none the less. Fiberglass takes significantly more work to have a uniform surface than metal. Fiberglass in its natural is prone to waviness, pin holes, spider cracks, etc.