Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
"Is This Rare?" Thread

So we have several people on this Forum who are known for Identifying, Rare parts, so this thread is NOT another version of the "Rare S-Chassis Parts Thread, but a place to ask if something is actually Rare and discuss why, or why not, so include Pictures Please!

And Yes, This is limited to S, Z, and GT-R Chassis ONLY!!

A Truely Rare part is a something that would have been made for a short time and only a few were produced, but has survived to date.

Discontinued items do become rare over time, but it depends on how flooded the market is with that item, currently. If Greddy stops making a Turbo Timer, its not going to be Rare for a long time. Its easy to find and cheep.

High End (Expensive) parts become rare faster, because cost affected production.
Like ARC Radiators... cost a fortune, ARC closed, cost just went up more, and rather hard to find. But ARC is still New to the Rare Parts catagory, and some parts are not all that rare!

JDM v:s USDM v:s EDM we are not going to argue over being JDM tyte Yo! Yes, Japan has been making parts and tuning these cars before we knew what they were so there is more Rare JDM parts, Europe has some really interesting parts too, however USDM is a bandwagon jumper so finding Rare US parts is going to add a interesting element to this discussion.

You may have something like a JDM S14 Kouki Front Lip... its discontinued, expensive, and can be hard to find... Yes technically its Rare, but alot of people have them, so its Not Rare... once the #s drop in a few years it will be golden!!

Here is the Link to the http://zilvia.net/f/chat/135705-rare...-pictures.html

Please, No arguing & No trash talk
Keep it clean...
and
Go!

Last edited by MadScientist; 07-28-2012 at 11:29 AM..
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
This seems to be or in my mind going to end up exactly like the other thread...

With keeping on topic, Garage Impul lip spoiler, I know it's rare, no need to ask. Ive only see one other one on this forum in my entire membership period and S14unimog has it.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343498379.184978.jpg

Bad picture. Friend took it.

Was wondering if my trust mx exhaust is rare.

I've only seen one for sell in the three years of owning it. Sounds great. Super quiet for full 3' exhaust on a ka. Has a nice tone. No drone and a lot of people have told me it doesn't sound like a ka at all...

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
This seems to be or in my mind going to end up exactly like the other thread...

With keeping on topic, Garage Impul lip spoiler, I know it's rare, no need to ask. Ive only see one other one on this forum in my entire membership period and S14unimog has it.

This is to prevent Non Rare parts from being posted so frequently in the Rare S-Chassis Thread. The name Impul alone rings Rare Parts galore.

The problem with Greddy/ Trust is they don't have much thats rare. Mainly becuase it's cheep, heavily in demand and when they get something wrong that isn't in demand it just flops off the radar... so can we really call that Rare? The DD has always been the penacle, I do remember the MX is a stock-ish looking exhaust... so I would be on the fence with this... if its stamped Trust, non Greddy, ok maybe... but it wasn't ever an in demand item so...??
Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Steering wheel finally came in after 1.5 months (sea post).

OEM Momo wheel. Perforated leather. Looks just like a JDM GC-Chassis WRX wheel....except it's not. I was looking for the Autech Kouki Momo wheel but grabbed this instead. In the Ad it was being sold as an S-14 Silvia wheel. So I got that and the JDM clock-spring in the picture.

I did a test fit, shit fit like a glove. Never heard of this option anywhere, any light on it?

Also picked up this KidsHeart leather shift boot, was told it is discontinued..?

dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

The Kids Heart shift boot was discontinued maybe about a year ago... I was looking at them also its deffinatly worth having as Kids Heart is the original producer of the SilEighty. It will look perfect under that Vertex shift knob too...

Momo has been making steering wheels for Nissan for so freaking long... even the 350 has two rare JDM/Mome steering wheel options... only issue is the newer US model cars are dual stage, and JDM is still single stage. I would look at those also... I know you have been posting alot trying to get the Autech!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
what about a hpi sr twin pipe downpipe, i can get pics if needed?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
The Kids Heart shift boot was discontinued maybe about a year ago... I was looking at them also its deffinatly worth having as Kids Heart is the original producer of the SilEighty. It will look perfect under that Vertex shift knob.
Thanks for the reply. Yes Tezuka is the shit, I have a lot of respect for his shop.
Cool info though, the only reason I picked it out is because Vertex informed me they don't make or sell shift boots anymore.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
what about a hpi sr twin pipe downpipe, i can get pics if needed?
Still in production...not rare.

DaZeD - Well...I guess I won't be getting a Vertex Shift Boot any time soon. Oh yeah, importing an Air Bag is classified as an Explosive, customs nightmare so 1.5 months is nothing, you were lucky!
Old 07-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Do you a link or screen shot of the YAJ ad? From what I've seen in multiple JDM Brochures, Nissan never offered this style as an option. It is my opinion the orginal seller bought his S14 with it installed, therefore put that info in his add. Another idea is that the original owner got that wheel from another make (Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda) tried to fit it and it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZeD View Post
Steering wheel finally came in after 1.5 months (sea post).

OEM Momo wheel. Perforated leather. Looks just like a JDM GC-Chassis WRX wheel....except it's not. I was looking for the Autech Kouki Momo wheel but grabbed this instead. In the Ad it was being sold as an S-14 Silvia wheel. So I got that and the JDM clock-spring in the picture.

I did a test fit, shit fit like a glove. Never heard of this option anywhere, any light on it?
Old 07-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

This is the link:
¥â¥â¥¹¥Æ¥¢¥ê¥ó¥°¡¡S14¥·¥ë¥ ¥¢¡¡Æü»º - Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó

You could be right, I know who you are and that you are knowledgeable. Like I said I'm aware that this exact same wheel came on JDM WRX's. But I know that the splines and stuff are different.

I also have a super old school Kevlar Bride seat but its not an S-Chassis part and Drew already took a crack at it with no luck.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Damn you... hahaha... I was looking again!! Post that sucker up in here... I swear its like a Recaro/Bride hybrid mindf*ck

Bride use to have a History Timeline with the year each seat was released... what the hell happened to that?

Oh I wasn't saying the Momo was Nissan OE... it would say Nissan on it if it was!
Same thing if it was Subaru, etc...
DaZeD - PMed awesomeness...
Old 07-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #13
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I think I may actually have a rare USDM part. AMS ka24det turbo manifold (the whole kit really). But I know they took the 240 stuff off there website a few years ago? Maybe they still make it if you call them but I'm not to positive. I have the version 1 down pipe that was welded together. I think they later went to a fully bent piece for better flow. I haven't really checked into the ka scene in a long while to see if these are still being thrown around the community.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
That hockey rink rug is cooler ^_^
Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

BossHogg - very nice and yes I think this is deffinatly one of the USDM Rare parts. That had to cost a small fortune as well... is it a AMS modified Turbo as well?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Everything came from AMS. I don't think the turbo is modified. It was actually the first AMS turbo kit sold in the world lol. I called to order it, the guy on the phones said it wasn't available. Then two hours later he calls back and say's even he didn't know it was available. He then congratulated me and said you have the first one. I waited months for them to finally release it. They said the first 3 or 5 (can't remember) would be at a lower price than the regular price for the kit. Think it was like 3,200 hundred shipped. Can't really remember.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #17
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Damn you... hahaha... I was looking again!! Post that sucker up in here... I swear its like a Recaro/Bride hybrid mindf*ck

Bride use to have a History Timeline with the year each seat was released... what the hell happened to that?
The timeline is still on the Japanese site. It's a bit weird to navigate while translated but it's there. On my iPhone or I would post a link. I was using that timeline for all my reaserch. Any seats before ~2000 (the first gens) are hard to find pics of. So I use YAJ for that.

Couple pics of mine (fabric is decent, one tear backing is in excellent shape)

Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #18
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Let this thread die, there is a long established rare parts thread. http://zilvia.net/f/chat/135705-rare...-pictures.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #19
booey13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (91)
booey13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
^did you even read through this thread let alone who created it?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #20
Thor88

Trader Rating: (0)
Thor88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have an Espelir Gt500 exhaust for my S14.
Rare?
They seem pretty hard to find
Thor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #21
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
kids heart shift boot isn't rare, rhd japan sells them along with the ebrake cover.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #22
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
BuddyClub Zenki lip. Not sure if it's rare, but I haven't seen many and they are no longer made, so I'm going with rare. It has been sitting in my garage for a few years now. Someone can buy it if they'd like.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
kids heart shift boot isn't rare, rhd japan sells them along with the ebrake cover.
They don't ever stock anything, just contact the company to get whatever, and apparently they have been discontinued.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Oh okay, good info. Definitely a cool shift boot!
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #25
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Let this thread die, there is a long established rare parts thread. http://zilvia.net/f/chat/135705-rare...-pictures.html

Im with him.

I know the two threads were created by the same person but why the need for two.

Im shure that if he contacted a mod it would of got cleaned up.

This thread is just going to start a trend of two threads for the same thing.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #26
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booey13 View Post
^did you even read through this thread let alone who created it?
Yup I am perfectly aware of who started the thread. There are no need for two threads, he can just modify the original to include Z chassis and such.
Quote:

Old 07-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
booey13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (91)
booey13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
I think this thread is a good idea...so people who don't know if their parts are rare can ask the people that do know. Otherwise the other thread gets cluttered with everybody's coin holders and shakkito plates.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Yup I am perfectly aware of who started the thread. There are no need for two threads, he can just modify the original to include Z chassis and such.
can you not read, this isn't a RARE PARTS THREAD, it's a IS this rare thread, before posting it in the rare parts thread.....
Old 07-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #29
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
can you not read, this isn't a RARE PARTS THREAD, it's a IS this rare thread, before posting it in the rare parts thread.....
Hence my and such.
Quote:

Old 07-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #30
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post

Who gives a flying fuck. The two threads are almost the same. He can have a mod edit the title clean that thread up and be done with it. Why the hell do we need two threads for shitty ass JDM tight yo parts that no one really cares about. Most your guys cars are shit boxes because you are buying over priced rare parts.

Hey i got a idea lets all starts a rare aero thread / look at my JDM door knee pad thread / look at my JDM tight 3 mount cusco strut bar thread.

As a premium member i figured you would understand but i guess im wrong.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote