Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #121
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
bladetech8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I don't think any of the rear cross braces fit well. I had to modify the crap out of mine to make it work.
They fit perfectly Cody! I have an authentic 180SX/S13 Do-Luck RXB installed in my S13 hatch and its bolts on perfectly. You cannot use the USDM Automatic seat belts though because right where the hump of the RXB begins, it hits the shoulder belt retracting things bolted to the transmission tunnel near where the rear passenger's feet go.. You may have been using either an S14 one (which doesn't fit) or some knock-off product with subpar build quality. (edit) Noticed you mentioned you got some eBay version.. Sorry my bad lol..

By the way, the Do-Luck RXB has completely eliminated any creaking in my doors and in my pop-up sunroof. I definitely recommend it or any other floor bar, esp in an S13.

Here's some pictures of my Do-Luck RXB I purchased a while back!

Unpackaged:

Painted and Assembled:

Installed:
bladetech8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #122
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
so much jdm brand synergy
dat brand synergy
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #123
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

How's the GTSpec stuff fit BTW?
Another company's braces that I also HIGHLY recommend are the GT-Spec C-Pillar bar and Trunk Brace.. Completely solid bars with excellent fitment and no cheap/weak eBay-styled floppy end pieces.. Those two bars have REALLY tightened up the rear end of my hatchback's chassis to to the point where I no longer get ANY more hatch creaking driving up driveways..

I strongly recommend the GT-Spec C-Pillar Brace, Trunk Brace and Do-Luck RXB in your S13 ESPECIALLY if its a hatchback. Chasiss flex has been greatly reduced.

GT-Spec C-Pillar Brace:

GT-Spec Trunk Brace:

Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #124
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Yeah a half cage would work. Door bars are a pain to get in and out of.
Yeah I totally agree with you 100% lol.. Damn door bars.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #125
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Only have the trunk brace, but it fits great. I plan to get the C-pillar bar in the future.

Still deciding whether I should order the Ultra Racing rear strut/trunk thing and hope it will fit under the GTSpec trunk brace, or just settle for a regular strut bar, either DC Sports or Stealth Fab.

I guess I could put hardened fender washers under the GTSpec brace if needed.
Both the GT-Spec trunk brace and Ultra Racing rear strut/trunk bar will not fit.. The GT-Spec trunk brace occupies the same space where the back of that UR brace bolts down in the trunk..

My honest opinion and recommendation is to run the GT-Spec trunk brace and a solid-end piece designed rear strut bar like Stealth Custom Fab, (I have one and its fucking awesome) DC Sports, Carbing ($$$) or Ultra Racing.

Stealth Custom Fab is my best recommendation, helping a local fabricator is always a good thing, esp when he makes some really strong (maybe overkill) bars!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #126
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladetech8 View Post
Stealth Custom Fab is my best recommendation, helping a local fabricator is always a good thing, esp when he makes some really strong (maybe overkill) bars!
Thank You!

Here is a fun custom one I did...

BMC stopper, and a tow hook through the hood.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #127
Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Style is on the path to ruinStyle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

what color is that top one? looks similar to the MFR hatchback roof brace. also is the "GT-Spec" a sticker or a plate. id like to get rid of that name ASAP, shits lame, but nice product tho
Old 04-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #128
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Love stealth custom stuff. Got the TC brace and it made a HUGE difference. Will definitely be picking up the front strut bar, and fender braces whenever I get some spare cash.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #129
JoshJonezzz

Trader Rating: (0)
JoshJonezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Thank You!

Here is a fun custom one I did...

BMC stopper, and a tow hook through the hood.

How could one go about getting one? I love this
JoshJonezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #130
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Think really hard before adding a tow hook to an easily accessible part of your daily drivers. just saying. There is a similar 3 piece bar that can be interchanged with a normal side when not at a track day. I need to add some accessible/removable tow points to my car.

I really like your bars btw JF!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #131
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Think really hard before adding a tow hook to an easily accessible part of your daily drivers. just saying. There is a similar 3 piece bar that can be interchanged with a normal side when not at a track day. I need to add some accessible/removable tow points to my car.

I really like your bars btw JF!

lol.. I would say the front & rear stock tow hooks are already pretty easily accessible.. If someone's going to tow your car, I'd assume they would just hook shit up to your axles or anywhere. Having a tow hook exposed like that isn't going to really make it 'that' much more easier to take off with it.. idk maybe it would lol.. Then again I could have misunderstood what your statement above. Either way, I'm sure that's for a track car of some sort.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #132
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I'm pretty sure putting a tow hook right on your shock tower sticking out of your hood so I can nonchalantly rig your car for a tow rather than look like I'm doing something suspicious like leaning under it is what I meant.

I've gotten my car towed 3 times, each time it has taken the tow guy at least 20-40 minute to load the car into a flatbed, I cannot be traditionally towed.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #133
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style View Post

what color is that top one? looks similar to the MFR hatchback roof brace. also is the "GT-Spec" a sticker or a plate. id like to get rid of that name ASAP, shits lame, but nice product tho
The top one is the original GT-Spec pearl blue, bottom one is the same brace, but I painted it flat white.. The color is kind of a pearly blue with a sheen of sea-foam green in it at certain angles of light.. lol.. The GT-Spec logo is a plate and it actually looks better in person.. But It is removable if you do not like it.. I don't mind at all personally
Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #134
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'm pretty sure putting a tow hook right on your shock tower sticking out of your hood so I can nonchalantly rig your car for a tow rather than look like I'm doing something suspicious like leaning under it is what I meant.

I've gotten my car towed 3 times, each time it has taken the tow guy at least 20-40 minute to load the car into a flatbed, I cannot be traditionally towed.

Fair enough.. I guess some bro's in a diesel truck can just come snag the car up pretty quick like that lol.

I've been lucky to only require a tow once, and without a flat-bed with the pivot in the middle of the bed, there really is no way my 240 can be easily towed..
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #135
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
3411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea im sure lots would love stelth fab bars
3411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #136
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

If someone is stealing your car and they have it running they are just going to get a running start at the flatbed and be gone in 5min.

On a on topic note i want the Ultra Racing side bars. I think that would help alot with a vert seeing as the lack of roof is a issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #137
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
Levan. B is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Another company's braces that I also HIGHLY recommend are the GT-Spec C-Pillar bar and Trunk Brace.. Completely solid bars with excellent fitment and no cheap/weak eBay-styled floppy end pieces.. Those two bars have REALLY tightened up the rear end of my hatchback's chassis to to the point where I no longer get ANY more hatch creaking driving up driveways..

I strongly recommend the GT-Spec C-Pillar Brace, Trunk Brace and Do-Luck RXB in your S13 ESPECIALLY if its a hatchback. Chasiss flex has been greatly reduced.

Can the GT SPEC C pillar brace be installed without it touching the C pillar plastic?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #138
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I love my gtspec strut bar. So thick and rigid

Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #139
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtfdanyo View Post
So thick and rigid
thats what she said.

gt spec is great. the finish is ridiculous.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #140
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan. B View Post
Can the GT SPEC C pillar brace be installed without it touching the C pillar plastic?

What kind of touching are you worried about?

GTSpec C-Pillar bar and Cusco OS RSTB (it's for sale btw). I tried modifying the GTSpec bar to work with my miracle cross bar but it wasn't happening. I want that full set of miracle bars so bad.

RP Sport Subframe braces can barely be seen in this pic. They look the same as the ones already shown though, just a simple metal strap that was fairly thick

kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #141
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I had all the GT Spec stuff on my 180sx.

I don't like non JDM parts on my cars, but I ditched my Cusco stuff for GT Spec because it was so cool.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #142
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
What kind of touching are you worried about?
I was going to ask you about it Kyle but I forgot. I was just wondering if it rested on the plastic pillar cover at all when it's tightened down or if it had a bit of spacing away from it. follow me?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #143
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
GT Spec makes some quality stuff! I've wanted their front+rear STBs and fender braces for my S14 for a while now. Those will be my next purchases next month or so after I fix my RB, along with some sway bars to accompany.

They also make a nice-looking SR exhaust manifold and turbo outlet:

Old 04-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #144
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Yeah of course, It attached to the rear seat belt brackets found on the 91-93 240SX's..
Old 04-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #145
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Yeah of course, It attached to the rear seat belt brackets found on the 91-93 240SX's..
Shit. I put 89-90 panels in there. it's a 93 so it did have them -_- now i would have to swap the panels to put those brackets on. It doesn't bolt up without the brackets?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #146
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I had all the GT Spec stuff on my 180sx.

I don't like non JDM parts on my cars, but I ditched my Cusco stuff for GT Spec because it was so cool.
Interesting to note, as I always dismissed GT Spec as another ebay brand...admittantly I 'assumed' this and should have looked into them before passing judgement.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #147
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Shit. I put 89-90 panels in there. it's a 93 so it did have them -_- now i would have to swap the panels to put those brackets on. It doesn't bolt up without the brackets?
No it does not bolt up without those black metal brackets on each side, but the plastic c-pillar trim panels don't really matter since you can cut out the section you need to install the black metal brackets on the 89-90 c-pillar trim. These black metal brackets that bolt directly to the c-pillar of the chassis, are originally used to mount the 91-93 rear shoulder-belt assemblies.. The GT-Spec C-Pillar brace bolts onto those black metal brackets, but you cannot have both the c-pillar brace and the 91-93 rear shoulder-belts obviously since they both occupy the same space.

Just for your reference the black metal brakets I speak of look like this:
Old 04-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #148
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Interesting to note, as I always dismissed GT Spec as another ebay brand...admittantly I 'assumed' this and should have looked into them before passing judgement.
lol I don't blame you with a name like 'GT-Spec'
Old 04-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #149
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
No it does not bolt up without those black metal brackets on each side, but the plastic c-pillar trim panels don't really matter since you can cut out the section you need to install the black metal brackets on the 89-90 c-pillar trim. These black metal brackets that bolt directly to the c-pillar of the chassis, are originally used to mount the 91-93 rear shoulder-belt assemblies.. The GT-Spec C-Pillar brace bolts onto those black metal brackets, but you cannot have both the c-pillar brace and the 91-93 rear shoulder-belts obviously since they both occupy the same space.

Just for your reference the black metal brakets I speak of look like this:
Thank you for this information good sir. Much appreciated.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #150
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Thank you for this information good sir. Much appreciated.
No problem dude