Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
whereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whereda40at
not your common car wont start ???????

i have a 98 altima as my daily driver. i went to get in my car and start it. but the key would not turn. it went in just fine, but wouldnt turn at all. the car wont come out of gear. (automatic) the steering was not locked, but after messing with it, it locked up. still nothing. anyone with there years of car problems run into this one. i tryed my spare key and that one didnt work either. the key opens the door without a problem. its new to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
xsparc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
xsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xsparc Send a message via Yahoo to xsparc
Hmmm, sounds like the pins in the lock got stuck. Happend to me once, some graphite fixed it. But mine is an 89, yours is kinda new for that to happen.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:56 AM   #3
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

whereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nice
anyone with any ideas. i used my moms car yesterday to go to work. but i wont have it today. i need it to work. any idea's
Old 06-26-2008, 04:04 AM   #4
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
I've an idea, its a sensor from your auto trani that won't let the key from on position(3) back to position 1 where it lets you take it out, basically its an electronic cylinoid connected to your auto trani in some way. try moving your shifter in all gears, it will probably let you do it. This happened to my mom's 05 altima. hope it helps and good luck
Oo_Skyline_oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:22 AM   #5
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
I've an idea, its a sensor from your auto trani that won't let the key from on position(3) back to position 1 where it lets you take it out, basically its an electronic cylinoid connected to your auto trani in some way. try moving your shifter in all gears, it will probably let you do it. This happened to my mom's 05 altima. hope it helps and good luck
the shifter does not move at all. the wheel is locked and the key only goes in. does not turn at all. it beeps with the key in there to tell you to shut the damn door
Old 06-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
xsparc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
xsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xsparc Send a message via Yahoo to xsparc
Your lock is fucked up. replace it
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #7
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
It is a cable not electronic sensor...well at least on s14's. Remove the cable from the keylock mechanism altogether. Pretty useless.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
It's a cable, but the is the steering wheel locked? if so, try working the wheel back and forth as you turn the key.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

the wheel was not locked in the first place. so we were still moving it around and then it locked. the past 2 days i have been moving that damn wheel and nothing happens.

im goin to sneek and steel my sisters car to get to work
Old 06-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
EASY SOLUTION

-get a heavy screw driver or some thing else with some weight to it.
-put the key in the ignition
-tap lightly on the back of the key with the screw driver handle as if you were gently hammering a nail

-pull out key, put it back in
-turn key and start car.

if the car has a steering wheel lock you might have to wiggle the wheel back and forth a little to get the key to turn too.

The pins in the tumbler got stuck... tapping on the back of the key knocks them loose again

you might want to lube it up with some graphite and if it happens again consider replacing they keyhole

This happened to my Fiancee's 04 Ford Focus once... we also tried multiple keys and everything else we could think of, called AAA and the guy tapped on the back of the key with his leather man twice and it turned like nothing ever happened, he then explained what happened and why it worked said he see the problem all the time.

We never lubed the keyhole and the problem never happened again as far as I know.
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

ill try this and see what happens. ill report back tomarrow or tonight.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #12
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
so... did it work?
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote