Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Clutch Pedal Sticking

I know this has been cover many times probably. I did a search and found some threads about this issue, but none pretain to mine.

The Trans shifts fine, no grinding at all. The clutch does not stick at all while driving like some. What i noticed is that when it gets really hot outside and i press the pedal in to start the car, the pedal when pressed in stays in, until i kick it, then it comes back.

The pedal feels very soft, and I have to pump the pedal a few times, then it starts to bulid up pressure. Then the issue goes away and it drives Fine. So im thinking maybe the rubber line is expanding, when it gets really hot out?

What can i do you fix this issue?

TIA
Nissanparts.cc... Enjuku-Racing

Ever bought anything from me?
Leave a review
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=200877
Soup Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i wanna say it's prolly your clutch line.

i remember on my buddies Z, when he first put on his turbonetics kits his clutch line would get super hot and the clutch would stick to floor... check it...

prolly just air in the lines...
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
mekaw

Trader Rating: (0)
mekaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well i am not sure if this applies to you.. but samething happened to me but turns out my slave cylinder is leaking so had to replace that.
mekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #4
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
slave cylinder
master cylinder
Old 06-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #5
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
i am going to throw i na suggestion. we forgot to lube or didnt lube enough the shaft that the tob sleeve rides on and it was sticking for me.

ended up having the sleeve pop off one side of the fork and then when the clutch was pressed it caughta lip of the sleeve and broke it

now i am waiting fora new one
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
this happened to my bro all we did was change out clutch master cylinder we didnt change tha slave cause everytime he pressed the clutch the slave would move in and out try that if not bleed master cylinder then bleed that box "follow master cylinder hard line cant miss it" after that bleed slave that should fully take out any air with in clutch system hopefully if you did it right
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #7
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Im going to replace the line with an Earls Braided line and then i'll bleed the clutch. So if the rubber line and the chance that there maybe air in the system will be taken care of hopefully.

I also noticed that the Slave overflow line has a small tear in it. Could that be the problem? Nothing is leaking though.
Nissanparts.cc... Enjuku-Racing

Ever bought anything from me?
Leave a review
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=200877
Soup Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
your best bet would be to change any line that you think might have a small/hairline crack although now may not cause a problem now but overtime i bet it will depends on how much wrench time you wanna put in

bleeding system like i posted earlier in that oder should move air from high point "clutch master" to lowest point "slave" idk if adjusting clutch pedal would help but ill look into it pm me anymore info you have
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
1slowS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
just peel the dust boot on your slave a tad bit, you might see some fluid. if you do, its most likely leaking. replace and you should be fine.
1slowS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
dino6192
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
definetly start with the free fix's first! like bleeding the lines from the slave. I had some problems with a line attached to the proportioning valve. I just removed that line and now it's just a straight hard line from the master to the slave with no problems at all! another thing is make sure you are bleeding them correctly or you will just suck alot of air back in.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
Erjay1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Erjay1 is making a name for him/her selfErjay1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You need a stainless steel clutch line. Right now the rubber line gets hot and expands. Stainless steel wont do that. Thats it.
Erjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #12
dubmasterdee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
dubmasterdee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it can be your master... my does that and it's the master cyinder... check the master and the slave for leaks