Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-19-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
Berimbau

Trader Rating: (0)
Berimbau is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 non-projector (brick) head lights

just a quick question if anyone can help, are the inner lights used for high beam or are they fog lights on the non-projector brick style headlights?

Also does anyone have some info on wiring? Let me know! Thanks!!!
Berimbau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
usajdm
Zilvia Junkie

usajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond repute
Are these the aftermarket style headlights that have the little bulb on the bottom of the headlight?
Usually a blue light.
If so, then its just a "daytime" or "city light", so they call them.
It serves no purpose.
Just plug it it a rubber plug.

If thats the ones your talking about.....
Old 06-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Berimbau

no these are the oem s13 non projector head lights. I have the head lights working but can't get the high beams to work. My only question is that are the high beams on the same bulb that the head lights run out of? of is it the inner light? or is the inner light a fog light? i'll try and post some pics to illustrate.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Outer light is low, middle is high, inner is fog.
*EDIT* I though projectors for some reason!

Last edited by k's_silvia2.0; 06-19-2008 at 02:38 PM..
k's_silvia2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Outer is low, Inner is high. It is a direct plug and play if you have the harness that came with the lights.
slidingsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Have any of you actually owned a set of these lights?

Silvia S13 brick's use H4's in the outer, which makes it easy to throw them in a car with pop-ups, as you can just straight plug them in and have high/ low beams

Inner is an H3c, which is suppossed to be wired as a fog, I never wired mine up.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

slidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
Have any of you actually owned a set of these lights?

Silvia S13 brick's use H4's in the outer, which makes it easy to throw them in a car with pop-ups, as you can just straight plug them in and have high/ low beams

Inner is an H3c, which is suppossed to be wired as a fog, I never wired mine up.

Heh, now that I think about it I had the original setup and used the "fogs" but people kept flashing me thinking I had my brights on. I ended up taking a harness from a Dual Projector headlight which gives you the H4 and H3 plugs which plugs directly into the original headlight plug.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post

I'm not sure on H3C on the inners, but the rest of the information is correct.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

It's correct, try finding that bulb at a parts store.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingsky View Post
It's correct, try finding that bulb at a parts store.
Nobody carries H3C in a normal store. You have to make due with H3 and run your own ground wire.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #11
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah I ended up ordering them online but before that I spent a couple nights going to all of our parts stores. I didn't know at that time.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Obviously you can buy H3c off ebay, which is where I got mine. I didn't believe anyone untill I actually installed the Silvia lights, but the output is straight shit.

Here are pics of how to wire up your bricks and convert the inner (driving lights is what they are) to foglights via your popup dash switch. All wiring for Silvia lights can be done without much fuss, just cut open your stock harness and locate the brown and black wire.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #13
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
Nobody carries H3C in a normal store. You have to make due with H3 and run your own ground wire.
Lie's I can get those out here from a couple of places .Autobacs has PIAA yellow's and Hyper whites but they rape.I also have some out of my bricks I can sell you.Raybrig hyper white straight from J-land.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k's_silvia2.0 View Post
Lie's I can get those out here from a couple of places .Autobacs has PIAA yellow's and Hyper whites but they rape.I also have some out of my bricks I can sell you.Raybrig hyper white straight from J-land.
Are those "normal" stores?
Old 06-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
usajdm
Zilvia Junkie

usajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond reputeusajdm has a reputation beyond repute
My bad my bad.
When he said "brick" I was thinkin of the 7x6.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #16
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Yea

and these headlights are God aweful.

They make me regret doing the silvia front, lol, even though it was free.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #17
dex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
dex will become famous soon enoughdex will become famous soon enoughdex will become famous soon enoughdex will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
aawww.. comon.. I've got a jdm silvia with the brick headlights... and they're so much meaner than the projector ones...

dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #18
240trainee
Post Whore!

I know, they look cool

til you try to see at night.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 06-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #19
dex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
dex will become famous soon enoughdex will become famous soon enoughdex will become famous soon enoughdex will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
oh... umm.. ur right
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #20
Berimbau

Is there a way to make that "pop up" button turn off the "fog lamp" without turning the headlight off? in other words, make the "fogs" be independently controlled?
I don't know if that makes any sense to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
Obviously you can buy H3c off ebay, which is where I got mine. I didn't believe anyone untill I actually installed the Silvia lights, but the output is straight shit.

Here are pics of how to wire up your bricks and convert the inner (driving lights is what they are) to foglights via your popup dash switch. All wiring for Silvia lights can be done without much fuss, just cut open your stock harness and locate the brown and black wire.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #21
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
k i am a little confused. here is how my bricks are wired up.

when brights are on. both the inner and the outer lights are on. whne i flip to dims the inner lights are just on. and they are way to dim to be just dims.

i also ran intoa problem lately were boht head lights are on with the dims. but when i flip to highs just the drivers side lights up.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #22
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berimbau View Post
Is there a way to make that "pop up" button turn off the "fog lamp" without turning the headlight off?
Yes.

Good luck.