Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
gthbryce

Trader Rating: (0)
gthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA Turn the key nothing happens

My 1991 240sx has been sitting for over week without a radiator in it fans etc and all vaccum tubing out for replacement. Today after i got back from a camping trip I put my new water pump and fan clutch on and put everything back in and cut and put on new hoses for vaccum lines. *One thing i have to mention is i did take off the distributor cap and may have put it back on wrong.* Well After i put antifreeze in it I hopped in and tried turning it over. All that happens is the cabin light dims in the car when i try and turn it over. Not one peep from the starter, nothing. What could this be? me putting the cap back on wrong? or the battery? or something else?
gthbryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Jgrand03
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
battery get some1 to jump u
Jgrand03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
gthbryce

gthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymore
THe battery in it looks like a piece of shit and problably performs like one too.. Should I purchase an optima redtop or something of that sort? Would a battery of this sort be a good investment?
Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
805-240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection805-240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ya i would check the battery
805-240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
Jgrand03
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to beholdJgrand03 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
a batterys a battery but if u want to get an optima sounds like good a time of any
Jgrand03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
fuck are u serious, what has this forum become. I miss the days of yore. on a side note I use a lawnmower to turn over my 450hp sr motor. works fine.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
So the car has a dead battery, and you're wondering if it has a dead battery?

I'd be more likely to lean towards a dead battery than anything.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
i think the battery is dead
you should really check it
because batteries run out of power eventually
especially when the alternator doesnt charge it for awhile
(rolls eyes)
this thread = fail
and while your at it reach in your pants
if you have a penis your a boy
if not then your a girl
Old 06-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #9
mjjstang
Post Whore!

mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
seriously though, before you go through the trouble of charging the battery, there are a few things you should go over to eliminate possible other issues.

1. check that your alternator is functioning correctly, alternators tend to burn up after a while especially if they are trying to charge bad batteries. The easist way to do this is by removing the alternator per FSM specifications. Take it to your local auto part store and they can hook it up to a system that will diagnose it.

2. What could be happening is that you have a bad wire that is not sending power to the starter while at the same time, you have a loose wire to the light bulb and when you try to crank, that is why your light is dimming. What I would do is download the FSM and go over the wiring diagrams for starting and lighting system, trace them and make sure there is a solid connection.

Lastly I would check that you diddnt twist your chassis due to excess torque during your last grocery trip, If this has happened, you may have pinched a ground during said chassis twisting due to excess torque, If this is the case, simply circle earth grounding kit from ebay should fix your problem and you can continue to twist chassis in future.

Good luck hopefully this has given you a starting point. Keep us updated and remember pictures are good.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:02 AM   #10
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
eh those were the days............... dead battery.....harbor freight 30 dollar charger on sale pick one up....
Old 06-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #11
gthbryce

DickHead.........
Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #12
mjjstang
Post Whore!

^^^linky dont work.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #13
TriplD's

TriplD's is an unknown quantity at this point
SR Braille

Yeah defiently your battery just get a nice one screw Optimas go with a Braille racing fuel battery. Costs about the same plus its a 1/4 of the weight(11.5lbs). Heat and Weight enemy of the car
TriplD's is offline   Reply With Quote