Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
Sloppy Garage

Trader Rating: (0)
Sloppy Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5.0 Swap s13 240sx

Check out the youtube channel of the car for more updates https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX0...Qdd5_FjYKIzeNQ

Starting a thread on my progress of swapping a 1991 Ford 5.0 302 into a 1991 Nissan 240sx.
Unfortunately, most on my pictures from before the swap were unable to be recovered (phone fell in water) but I will try to include as much as possibly but most is mainly recorded. So for more on it check the channel as I will post videos as I go.

IMG_1679.jpg

The “WHY”

I picked this engine simply because I had the engine laying around. Also because I find them quite simple and have someone an understanding for the engine. The MAIN reason is price. You can get these for a low cheap and make a good starter drift car with a V8. YES, IF IT WAS UP TO ME I WOULD NOT PICK THIS AS MY PREFERED SWAP. As a college student Ls isn’t an option right now so this will do.

Background

Picked up the shell for 300 bucks. Pretty good deal since it had 5 lug already, a role cage, 350z wheels, stance coil overs, aftermarket sway bars, a bunch of other suspension mods and an aluminum driveshaft already on it! The chassis itself was in overall good condition, no dents or crashes. I sold the aluminum drive shaft since I would not be able to use it and the front sway bar because of clearance issues and made my money back! Already had the engine so I had to purchase the next items for the swap.

IMG_1740.jpg

First began striping the interior of carpet, sound deadening, and cleaning. Not the funest thing but had to be done.

IMG_1770.jpg

Engine before and after. Got all the parts ready and good to go. Decided to go solid custom mounts rather than what I read before of people using explorer mounts.

Before
IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

After

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4487.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

Cleaned up the entire engine (had to get rid of that orange), redid the valve covers, put the clutch trans and headers on. Also add in the carb things. I first decided to go carb due to wiring issues but plan on converting to efi later. Got the mounts and new pan on and ready to go.

Cleaned up the valve covers and sprayed them

IMG_4489.jpg

Now it was finally time to prep the engine bay to drop in the engine. Got rid of the whole front front engine harness and the interior harness since this car is intended for track purposes only.

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4169.jpg

And it was finally time to drop the engine in!!!! but before, had to beat in the trans tunnel.

IMG_4611.jpg

And now it was finally time to drop in the engine.

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

Here’s a picture of how the mounts sit

IMG_4354.jpg

Here’s the carburetor set up I am running, a 650cc double barrel. I first chose to go carbed simply for the wiring, but I do plan on converting it in the near future.

IMG_0606.jpg

Had to get the final touches on the car, although it did have 5 lug and z32 breaks all around they were actually connected and working so I had to attend to that before putting the car back on the floor.

IMG_4494.jpg

The last final things need were a 255 fuel pump and z32 conversion break lines from enjuku and also a dash switch panel to wire up to the engine.

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

And she was finally ready to be wired all up to try and get it running! Even made a cowl hood out of the beat, bent hood I already had in order to clear the carburetor.

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

The first start up of the car can be found at the link below. I will continue to update the forum along with the channel of progress made on the car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX0...Qdd5_FjYKIzeNQ
Sloppy Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
Sloppy Garage

https://youtu.be/xKbuyqmOrBY
New video with car start up and walk around ! check it out
Old 04-26-2017, 12:48 AM   #3
anothersr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
anothersr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Curious, why leave the part in the video where you grind trying to put it in gear?
anothersr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #4
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
bc he's funny
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #5
Sloppy Garage

very funny
Old 04-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Shit sucks
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote