Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
K(hold the A)24 turbo Wonder coupe RIP PURISTS

jk. this thing is going to get retarded.

trying to resist drifting this thing, but it already has a welded. mainly going to focus on fixing small things and making this oem+ (as euro guys say, right?)

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:31 PM..
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Just a heads up (pun lol). All HUD equipped coupes had full power options, so either this car was converted to manual power windows and locks or HUD was installed into a base model by a 3rd party. If you care to know exactly you can PM me your VIN# and I can tell you for sure.

Great car btw. Can't wait to see another two-tone come back to life!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
yeah the dude installed it himself. car sat for a year and now it doesn't work anymore. going to pull the dash out at some point to re-wrap it anyway.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
deolio
Post Whore!

cleaned up the interior. looked like the previous owners were the messiest slobs ever. spilled soda, candy wrappers, gum, coins and hairs everywhere. it was like no one ever attempted to clean the interior.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
deolio
Post Whore!

aero marker mirrors. need new glass and paint.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #6
deolio
Post Whore!

motor blew up or something, but not before passing smog, so dual cam time

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:32 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
motor blew up or something, but not before passing smog, so dual cam time
And possibly a good scrubbin?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
And possibly a good scrubbin?
yes, i've done lots, and lots of scrubbing

some progress:

ooooooo sparklyyyy

timing chain fun!

i've spent more time cleaning this motherfucker than actually doing anything mechanical. killed 2 wire brushes cleaning the bay and transmission. still need to finish cleaning the crossmember and motor.

as we took the motor apart we found the spark plugs hadn't been replaced in like... forever... and the thermostat is rusty as dick. new waterpump and the pistons appear to be in good shape and the head gasket isn't leaking at all so that makes me happy

10 days till i need this bitch ready to drift.

also, my wheels arrived.

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Nice progress! What color is the engine bay?
va240dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
Nice progress! What color is the engine bay?
it's gunmetal with the glitter

worked on it for 20 hours the last two days trying to get it together for an event this weekend, but this afternoon i realized the guy didn't give me the maf with the motor. scrambled trying to find someone local with one, but no luck. got a tip that pick n pull had a dohc 240 just put in the yard yesterday. got there 13 minutes till close, found the car and wouldn't you know the only thing missing was the god damn maf.

so i decided to mess around with my friend's wheels and partially installed my kit (not actually going to have this much camber. wheels aren't bolted on)

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #11
deolio
Post Whore!

this thing has been fighting me every step of the way, but i think it's getting there...

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:35 PM..
Old 01-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #12
deolio
Post Whore!

mocked up the front signals, side markers, rear valances, and threw the thrash in for fun. stoked that the random no name valances i found in the classifieds match up with the kit pretty well. might need to do some work on the bottom edge to make it a little sharper to match the skirts, but over all i'm very pleased

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-16-2014, 03:37 AM   #13
deolio
Post Whore!

ok. springs came in. car is on the ground. wiring done. start up tomorrow (today?)

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #14
deolio
Post Whore!

it runs kinda. have a bit more tweaking to do.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:10 AM   #15
deolio
Post Whore!

new maf and spark plugs = runs perfectly! i am very happy now. ready just in time for a drift event on saturday.

i hate hid's

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Old 02-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
deolio
Post Whore!

skids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK4_90RlEI
Old 03-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #17
deolio
Post Whore!

did some stuff and things

had my friend do some paint work for me

went for a drive and did some hardparking

my axels are dead now. new axels and subframe risers are next on the list, but i doubt i'll have a chance to get them in before the next drift event haha hopefully they'll hold on just a little longer

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:53 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #18
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Car looks good, always loved the two tone coupes.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #19
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Lookin' good!

How do you plan to tackle the black body tape that divides the two colors on that front bumper?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #20
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I like this car

Inspiration for my coupe build
Old 03-25-2014, 09:10 PM   #21
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Lookin' good!

How do you plan to tackle the black body tape that divides the two colors on that front bumper?
thanks! i'm undecided. supposedly the bumper is meant to cover the body line so in that case i'd go without. the line on the bumper is clean so it'll look fine and it lines up with the contours going into the main opening in the front of the bumper. i'll make a final decision once i finish the body work and put the rest of the body tape on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
I like this car

Inspiration for my coupe build
thanks
Old 05-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #22
deolio
Post Whore!

car is finally running perfectly. did a shakedown last weekend to make sure it would survive the drive up to and back from oregon for 2 bash 2 future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYm4bQhiP_o
Old 05-27-2014, 01:22 AM   #23
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Your car was looking good out there yesterday.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #24
deolio
Post Whore!

^thanks mel!

picked up a pair o model 5's

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 03:54 PM..
Old 06-10-2015, 02:36 AM   #25
deolio
Post Whore!

wow haven't updated in forever.

fuel pump died and when i pulled it i found a bunch of debris in the tank, so i pulled it for cleaning and decided to do subframe risers at the same time

after driving around a bit and adjusting the rear height/camber to fit the vishunu's after doing the risers i found they were rubbing both the fender lip and wheel well... beat the well and tried to pull the fender a little more, but it didn't do anything, so i just left it haha

started mocking up the diffuser

i was driving to work one morning and about three blocks from my house i went around a turn and suddenly it sounded like there was a harley driving right next to me, but there was nothing. thought my exhaust might have partially come undone or cracked my header at the flange. popped the hood and found the o2 sensor decided it needed to take a brake hahaha

drove up to oregon for a drift even (about 6 hours each way) in awesome 100 degree heat. car managed to do just fine, but rotaries aren't such a fan of heat haha

car ran perfect all weekend, but i was sick as a dog the entire time and didn't even drive the second day, just went straight home in the morning. (pulled the hood off as a precaution)

^that event plus 3 months of daily driving had taken its tole on the aero.

i fixed the aero (sorry, forgot pics) and went to another event a week later and this happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTsuBnbEHIM

pulled/hammered it as good as i could at the track, kept on drifting, and drove it home

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 05:41 PM..
Old 06-10-2015, 02:54 AM   #26
deolio
Post Whore!

went back to fixing the bumper again haha

some more hammering, a new fender, and new headlight assembly and it was almost good as new

did pbm offset rack bushings real quick

painted repaired/new parts

trailered the car to an event for the first time ever and of corse my friend who was street driving his car, broke it. so instead of pushing the car too hard in the 106 degree weather and with my axles on the way out i decided to jump in the grip group and see what the car could do. actually had a pretty fun time. i'd like to do more grip driving some day... only got one lap on video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ezRuVC_A7g

Final Bout was approaching and the goodies started pouring in. picked up origin canards, "dmax" hood, and kouki wing.

the kouki wing had been chopped to fit a vert fc so i had to do some work to get it to fit right on the coupe trunk

shaved the trunk because ricer

had to repaint the front bumper, hood, and fender because they didn't quite match and then taaaadaaaaaaa! it was ready for final bout.

13 wheels in and s13 coupe nbd

we unloaded at the track and then drove 5 hours down to chicago for the night lol

filled leigh's driveway/yard and slept on his garage floor hahaha

used the car as tire transport at the track

and then DROVE

did my fair share of lawn mowing. (sorry pat!)

only ended up snapping one canard in half and that was it. all the other guys broke a lot more shit. it was an excellent trip

video of our adventure

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 05:58 PM..
Old 06-10-2015, 03:15 AM   #27
deolio
Post Whore!

fixed the broken canard and did a little fiberglass work on the aero and went to sonoma for some skidpad action

i cracked my fender a little at final bout, but i cracked it more, and another crack appeared at sonoma. pretty sad because these fenders were fucking perfect

finally these rails for the ergo showed up

traded the kouki wing straight up for this chargespeed type 1. dude had no idea what it was and to be honest, neither did i, but i knew it was something cooler than the kouki haha

did a winter drift series just for fun. 4 rounds are just solo runs and the final is invitational tandem comp (based on how you seed in the prior rounds)

managed to snag first and got to stand atop matt field's beater

painted/mounted the chargespeed. felt kinda "meh" about it

they set up "meihan" layout on the sonoma skidpad. it was a lot of fun, but there was one bump right after the entry that was unsettling my car. it caused me to spin out a few times, but the rest of the time it was fine. but during the last session of the night it began to rain. second run out i spun and my buddy plowed into the front of me. (random clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwKS9ipNB4I

while inspecting the damage later that week i noticed the frame rail and rad support were no longer connected. that explained why the front end felt so loose... welded it back together and it felt soooooo much better (obviously)

round 2 of the drift series was very wet

shared my car with my friend and we took home 1st and 2nd and this time i got to stand on matt field's daily hahaha

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 06:11 PM..
Old 06-10-2015, 03:27 AM   #28
deolio
Post Whore!

had to get door bars for the last round of the series

figured i might as well have my fab guy make a bash bar too while the car was at his house

fixed the front bumper again

won the 3rd round of the drift series and earned me a lil gt28 as inspiration to do something to the motor

traded/sold the vishunu's and model 5's and picked up some nt-r's

i like the vibe mannnn

drift series ended and hover car mode was engaged

many projects

finally did something with the motor haha

drove up to oregon to pick up new aero from gtr garage

i'll try not to hit anyone now that i have real shit

finally found a good deal on an sr. same price as local importers were asking for stock redtops, but this came with a ton of goodies. basically ready to be put in and get beat on.

came with tomei exhaust manifold and rocker stoppers, metal headgasket, arp head studs, moroso baffled oil pan, isis downpipe, oil cooler lines (i already have a cooler), wiring specialty harness for s14, t28, bunch of aem gauges and wideband and boost controller, apexi power fc d-jetro, and it's been tuned by works, putting out 237hp 233tq at 10psi. should be fun!

random accessories...

so ya, my front end was all fucked up. all the hammering and pulling in the world wouldn't get it straight sooooooo tube front time came

but it actually came out super rad. very happy with it so i guess it isn't so bad

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 06:20 PM..
Old 06-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #29
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Trader Rating: (0)
Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like this car. A whole lot. Thanks for bringing taste and style back to drifting.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #30
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Man that tube front is awesome, love the look compared to the way most people do them. I'm still trying to do a removable core support on my stock front >.<

Isn't this car red now? I think you need an update lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote