Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #301
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #302
NMcCabe2gX

Trader Rating: (0)
NMcCabe2gX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
bumping this old ass thread up.

I will be getting the S&W 8pt cage and installing that with a few modifications. ill be looking at a full interior with carpet rear seats, everything.
This was a whileeeeee back, but do you have any pics of this interior set up? Wanting to buy the same cage for my 91 hatch, but keeping the rear seats out. Just curious to see how the cage looks in the car.
NMcCabe2gX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:13 AM   #303
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMcCabe2gX View Post
This was a whileeeeee back, but do you have any pics of this interior set up? Wanting to buy the same cage for my 91 hatch, but keeping the rear seats out. Just curious to see how the cage looks in the car.
eeeh i do not having any pics. I went with a cusco 8 point instead. Only thing i have not installed are the rear interior side panels. I want to get the perfect cut so i can slip the cage through the plastic.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #304
NMcCabe2gX

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
eeeh i do not having any pics. I went with a cusco 8 point instead. Only thing i have not installed are the rear interior side panels. I want to get the perfect cut so i can slip the cage through the plastic.
Was there any reason as to why you went with the Cusco instead? I'm curious, because when it comes to aftermarket parts I like dealing with Enjuku and they have the S&W cage. I'm trying to make a street build so I want something that isn't too complex, but I also don't want a bar just going across the back seats to attach the harnesses to. Which is why I'm interested in an 8 point cage, but before I go buying some random one I came across I want to make sure it's what I want.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #305
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Don't street drive anything with a halo bar, unless you like wearing a helmet all the time. Similarly, don't ride in the back seat with a cage. No reason not to have a harness bar if no one is riding back there anyway. That being said, the S&W cages are not assembled, you have to weld them up in your car, so you can leave out whatever bars you want (despite the judgement of doing so).
Old 04-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #306
NMcCabe2gX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Don't street drive anything with a halo bar, unless you like wearing a helmet all the time. Similarly, don't ride in the back seat with a cage. No reason not to have a harness bar if no one is riding back there anyway. That being said, the S&W cages are not assembled, you have to weld them up in your car, so you can leave out whatever bars you want (despite the judgement of doing so).
Gotcha. See I have a harness bar in my other car, but not a cage of any sort. Most likely will have the entire cage welded in but I wanted to make sure it was a solid cage before pulling the trigger. Unless I was cutting holes in my side panels in the back of the car those will have to be removed in order for the cage to be welded in correct?
Old 04-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #307
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMcCabe2gX View Post
Was there any reason as to why you went with the Cusco instead? I'm curious, because when it comes to aftermarket parts I like dealing with Enjuku and they have the S&W cage. I'm trying to make a street build so I want something that isn't too complex, but I also don't want a bar just going across the back seats to attach the harnesses to. Which is why I'm interested in an 8 point cage, but before I go buying some random one I came across I want to make sure it's what I want.
Dude selling it was local and it was a deal. I still drive my 240 occasionally on the street, so i dont care for a full cage and stripped interior type of car right now. I barely drive it so it still has full interior. But who knows, one day it might get a full cage and be a pure track car.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote