Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-29-2015, 11:44 PM   #1
nottheracecar

Trader Rating: (0)
nottheracecar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Too short for my tooforty

So I'm short, I'm 5'2. My oem seat is at it's forward-most position for me to be able to comfortably clutch in without hyper extending my leg.

I had to pull the short-hub quick release off my steering wheel and it's still an awkward steering position.

And I also can't comfortably look at my rearview, sitting that close to the dash.

Other than sitting on a phone book or gluing a wood block to the clutch pedal, what can I do?
nottheracecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2015, 02:44 AM   #2
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
have you tried one of those booster seats for kids?
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:15 AM   #3
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
http://www.discovermymobility.com/st...dal-extenders/
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:02 AM   #4
Aesthetics45
Leaky Injector

Aesthetics45 is an unknown quantity at this point
You might want to look into purchasing a miata instead.
Aesthetics45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:24 AM   #5
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetics45 View Post
You might want to look into purchasing a miata instead.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:44 AM   #6
nottheracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
https://youtu.be/Zdc5KCdrRGI

Me irl
Old 10-30-2015, 07:09 AM   #7
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
Levan. B is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The honesty here is amazing. I believe you could come up with a way, It would involve modifying your pedals though. Cut and extend them all outward etc. Also, aftermarket bucket seats sit high sometimes. For example if you use a buddy club seat rail you'll sit higher than a stock seat.

If Japanese women can comfortably drift, You should be alright lol. They sometimes use a pillow in the seat though.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #8
nottheracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan. B View Post
The honesty here is amazing. I believe you could come up with a way, It would involve modifying your pedals though. Cut and extend them all outward etc. Also, aftermarket bucket seats sit high sometimes. For example if you use a buddy club seat rail you'll sit higher than a stock seat.

If Japanese women can comfortably drift, You should be alright lol. They sometimes use a pillow in the seat though.
I was thinking that, like how do the people in Japan manage? I have no idea of their average height though.

And it's just the clutch I have a problem with, the other pedals are fine.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #9
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Well usually you don't have to engage the clutch all the way find the sweet spot, Besides the farther you are from the steering wheel without a bucket seat the more you will adjust and not wrestle with your steering wheel to hold you in your position when your on the twisty roads which ultimately well make you a better more relaxed driver and smoother lines will occur also use your dead pedal to hold you in place so again your arms and hands stay relaxed..
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie View Post
Good link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan. B View Post

Op you can buy this

http://www.gktech.com/index.php/stee...l-spacers.html

If this isn't enough you could try adding a quick release to the spacer? That might extend it even more
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #11
nottheracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
Good link.

Op you can buy this

http://www.gktech.com/index.php/stee...l-spacers.html

If this isn't enough you could try adding a quick release to the spacer? That might extend it even more
My problem is that I'm too close to my wheel just so I can reach my clutch pedal.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #12
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Are you a girl?
If you are you could just wear booty pops, or get implants.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #13
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Are you a girl?

OMG I sharted reading this.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #14
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheracecar View Post
My problem is that I'm too close to my wheel just so I can reach my clutch pedal.
Yes, I understand. That's why you need the spacer. It will allow you to reach the wheel without getting so close to it. Of course you'll have to modify the pedals.

Quote:
Are you a girl?
lol damn...that's messed up
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:13 AM   #15
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shoot this dude jake a message, he should be able to point you in the right direction
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=500748
Gar9854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #16
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
couple of phone books....
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #17
nottheracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar9854 View Post
Shoot this dude jake a message, he should be able to point you in the right direction
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=500748
Thanks. I just scrolled through it and he said he has a custom fab setup for each car. [emoji24]
Old 10-30-2015, 11:04 AM   #18
Cheesy Doriftos
Zilvia Member

Cheesy Doriftos is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whUJpyX4I3c
Old 10-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #19
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I honestly think this may be the first time I've read about this being a problem on Zilvia, usually it's the other way around. You should still be able to run a shallow aftermarket wheel (read: no deep corn style, but rather the flush faced spokes) with a short hub adapter without a QR, and it should sit a little shallower than stock. As for the seating, an aftermarket bucket with side mounts and adjustable rails you should be able to get the seat right up to the wheels, even if it takes a little addl. notching of the rails. the big thing is sitting that close to the wheel in a fixed back bucket is going to leave little to no room when sliding in and out from under the steering wheel, so a small diameter and utilizing the tilt column are going to be the only thing to save your nads some greif. Like has been said though, if the Drifting Pretty chicks can handle an S13, you should be able to get comfortable in there too.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #20
nottheracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
I honestly think this may be the first time I've read about this being a problem on Zilvia, usually it's the other way around. You should still be able to run a shallow aftermarket wheel (read: no deep corn style, but rather the flush faced spokes) with a short hub adapter without a QR, and it should sit a little shallower than stock. As for the seating, an aftermarket bucket with side mounts and adjustable rails you should be able to get the seat right up to the wheels, even if it takes a little addl. notching of the rails. the big thing is sitting that close to the wheel in a fixed back bucket is going to leave little to no room when sliding in and out from under the steering wheel, so a small diameter and utilizing the tilt column are going to be the only thing to save your nads some greif. Like has been said though, if the Drifting Pretty chicks can handle an S13, you should be able to get comfortable in there too.
I think my wheel is in a good spot, it's as shallow as I can get it right now. I would really prefer to be able to put the quick release back on it but oh well. I don't have gnads to worry about but sitting so close to the wheel a couple other things get in the way.

What kind of seats and pedal assemblies do the ladies run?
Old 10-30-2015, 03:02 PM   #21
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Would taking HGH's work?
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:56 PM   #22
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
For the seat height issue, if you intend on upgrading seats just get a Sparco Sprint or some other bottom mount bucket.

All bottom mounts sit retarded high in 240s which is why you see everyone using the sidemount bride buckets set to the lowest possible setting.

Seriously, I'm only 5'9" and can't comfortably drive a 240 with a bottom mount.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #23
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheracecar View Post
I think my wheel is in a good spot, it's as shallow as I can get it right now. I would really prefer to be able to put the quick release back on it but oh well. I don't have gnads to worry about but sitting so close to the wheel a couple other things get in the way.

What kind of seats and pedal assemblies do the ladies run?
Actually, i have seen people mount a deep dish wheel backwards so that it is closer to the dash. Mind you the last time i saw this was in a 240z track car. I wish i had a photo of it, to show you, but im sure you can get the idea.
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:48 PM   #24
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Custom pedal box?
Controls on steering wheel?
Drink more milk?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:54 PM   #25
nottheracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersmurf View Post
Actually, i have seen people mount a deep dish wheel backwards so that it is closer to the dash. Mind you the last time i saw this was in a 240z track car. I wish i had a photo of it, to show you, but im sure you can get the idea.
That's creative, I hadn't thought of that. My wheel isn't deep dish though.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:56 PM   #26
nottheracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
For the seat height issue, if you intend on upgrading seats just get a Sparco Sprint or some other bottom mount bucket.

All bottom mounts sit retarded high in 240s which is why you see everyone using the sidemount bride buckets set to the lowest possible setting.

Cool, thanks.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #27
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My 5" mom can drive it fine, granted its an auto s14

I would say have the steering wheel tilted all the way up, with only a 330 mm steering wheel and that's pretty much it.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #28
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Actually this has been bothering me, like how the hell is this occurring?

Do you have shorter legs than your torso or a short torso?

If you have short legs than just sit close, keep the wheel up like I said, use a smaller diameter steering wheel that sits flush with the hub and no deep corn shit like someone else mentioned, tilt the seat back and you should be fine.

If you have a long torso and short legs then you will need some shit attached to your pedals to bring them closer or you may have to extend them somehow. You really wont fit into any other cars besides a Miata or an 89 civic and even those will give you the same issues
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #29
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews

Also, quote for attention:
Quote:
Are you a girl?
Old 11-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #30
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post

I'm 6'3" and I rocked a Sparco Sprint on Bride MO rails on my 180 for years. I tracked that car a lot and never had any issues even with my helmet on.