Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
pilot_546

Trader Rating: (0)
pilot_546 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 vh45 swap

Hello everyone! I have recently purchased an Infiniti Q45 in hopes of putting the vh45 in my s13 coupe.
I've had the coupe for about two years now. At first I was hoping to fix the little single cam ka it had but after realizing that it wouldn't have been worth the effort and money I decided to do a swap. I have spent months and months trying to decide on what engine I wanted. Sr, Rb, 2J, Lsx.. So many choices lol but I finally decided on the vh because I want torque and a v8. And its unique, all I saw at the drift events I've gone to were Sr's and Lsx's.. So yeah, my first goal is to finally drive my 240 so I will be focused on simply getting the engine in and running!

The donor car has around 150,000 miles on the odometer and the guy I bought it from took very good care of it. It ran very well and had no weird noises. All it needs is a TPS, the car idles and then dies if you don't hold the throttle. (that is the tps right?)
Anyways on to the pictures!

First day I got my coupe. $600!!

The donor car! Got it for $950! Guy didn't really know what he had and knew he wouldn't be able to sell it for much because it has a salvage title. Have no idea why! body is super straight besides the hail damage repairs it has. And everything works!

Anyways thats it! Haven't really done much to the coupe besides pull the motor and tear apart the dash, I will start ordering parts soon but this build may take me awhile seeing that I'm going to be working a lot and going to school.
pilot_546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
you have a huge project on your hands.. i just finished mine after 1.5 years of solid daily work...

check out my blog
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
pilot_546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
you have a huge project on your hands.. i just finished mine after 1.5 years of solid daily work...

check out my blog
I just spent an hour going through your blog.. and wow!!! So much information lol You went all out with it. Car and engine look AMAZING!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
pilot_546

So far I've just been ordering parts and prepping the engine bay for paint. The Q is getting towed to my house tomorrow so I will be able to start the swap

Xcessive mounts

Pulled fenders off and began removing everything I won't be needing in my engine bay, and I will be relocating the fuseboxes

My vh45de!
Old 03-22-2015, 01:45 AM   #5
blasian
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
blasian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Any updates on the swap
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote