Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #181
S13Dreamer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
S13Dreamer is just really niceS13Dreamer is just really niceS13Dreamer is just really niceS13Dreamer is just really niceS13Dreamer is just really niceS13Dreamer is just really niceS13Dreamer is just really niceS13Dreamer is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S13Dreamer
Just got my car dynoed. Made 379whp @ 19psi. It was dynoed at 21psi and there weren't any gains so we went back to 19psi.

2871R .86 w/ HKS actuator
Blitz SBC-iD
Apexi PFC (MAP based)
HKS Step 1
HKS 740cc
Cometic HG stock thickness
GReddy IM
Tomei TB
Hybrid FMIC
Electric fans
JUN flywheel
Spec Stage III
GReddy elbow
Megan DP
Invidia exhaust
Peak Performance Composite Intake Gasket
BPi 6in velocity stack
Old 03-31-2008, 06:00 PM   #182
DrifterProdigy85
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DrifterProdigy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DrifterProdigy85
Go with higher lift cams and youll get more top end power.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #183
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
s13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to s13envy Send a message via AIM to s13envy Send a message via MSN to s13envy Send a message via Yahoo to s13envy
nice numbers dreamer! like prodigy said, get some higher lift cams and you'll have some more top end. instead of dropping off like that at the end, it should keep going! get some step 2 264's and good springs and raise the rev limit to about 8k or so. that and you should probably be able to push a bit more boost through that turbo for even more power!
s13envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #184
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
OMG Tomei Throttle Bodies??!?!?! I have almost the same setup except the TB, but is the HKS Wastegate so much better than the one that comes with the turbo?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #185
rotation3x
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
rotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choicesrotation3x has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rotation3x
S13DREAMER : I have those same injectors and map pfc and could not find the lag time for the injectors to save my life and was wondering what you put in for the lag time/correction.

Here is what I did .66 (which is nismo/tomei lag time) - .58 (stock injector lag time)

so you have .66 -.58 = .08

I saw on another thread that you just guess for you sweet spot which they used .83 - .58 = .25 (which the pfc dosnt show .25) .24 or .26 I choose .26.

I also did 370/740=.50%
rotation3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #186
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterProdigy85 View Post
Go with higher lift cams and youll get more top end power.
I hope you mean Duration

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13envy View Post
nice numbers dreamer! like prodigy said, get some higher lift cams and you'll have some more top end. instead of dropping off like that at the end, it should keep going! get some step 2 264's and good springs and raise the rev limit to about 8k or so. that and you should probably be able to push a bit more boost through that turbo for even more power!
It's duration. Higher duration will push the power band up and out.

Torque is made with optimum lift and duration. I prefer between 260 and 264 max for intake and exhaust on an sr20det setup reving to 8k or under.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #187
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
so i am runnigna .64 and 264 cams. the 64s go together lol.
actually ididnt even realize that until now. but i did alot of searching and i wanted cam that would be open the most during the turbos power band.
with my tune and intjectors and cams whould put me right up near 400 rwhp
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #188
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

s13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to s13envy Send a message via AIM to s13envy Send a message via MSN to s13envy Send a message via Yahoo to s13envy
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
I hope you mean Duration

It's duration. Higher duration will push the power band up and out.

Torque is made with optimum lift and duration. I prefer between 260 and 264 max for intake and exhaust on an sr20det setup reving to 8k or under.
higher lift will still help in the top end. the more the valve opens, the more air that gets shoved in there. Maybe, I'm wrong, but that makes sense to me.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #189
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
your wrong.

Higher lift HELPS but duration is what actually "breathes" more at higher rpms.

low duration with high lift equals a lot or torque, high duration with low lift equals more top end power.

almost all the time. there are variables in tuning of course.

There is also a law of deminishing returns with cam sizing. If you go too large on lift (over 12.-12.5 mm) you just are not getting any more efficiency out of the head (most nissans at least).

11.5-12.0 is the largest I would go with stock displacement and stock valve size.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #190
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
your wrong.
yeah, well YOU'RE wrong with the way you spelled YOUR
Old 04-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #191
steve shadows
Post Whore!

fine then
Old 04-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #192
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
yeah, well YOU'RE wrong with the way you spelled YOUR
lol..what the ???
Old 04-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #193
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Anyone ever use a T3 exhaust housing 2871r? Just curious because I just recently noticed it's an option. Is there any point, or would it be better to just go with a 3071r? I suck at turbos.

Steve?
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #194
steve shadows
Post Whore!

the T28 wheel is smaller, Housng flows more gas, you make a little more breathing room all over with the same wheel, good idea in theory.

Try it, could be better than the 3071R for certain things.

Only worth it if your using a 38-44 mm external though
Old 04-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #195
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
the T28 wheel is smaller, Housng flows more gas, you make a little more breathing room all over with the same wheel, good idea in theory.

Try it, could be better than the 3071R for certain things.

Only worth it if your using a 38-44 mm external though
Cool! That's what I was thinking. I might give it a try with a .63 sometime soon.

Thanks.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #196
its a kia
Leaky Injector

its a kia is making his/her stupidity well-knownits a kia is making his/her stupidity well-knownits a kia is making his/her stupidity well-knownits a kia is making his/her stupidity well-knownits a kia is making his/her stupidity well-known
are there any videos out there of an sr with 2871 .64, cams, high teens boost or anything making around 360rwhp with that general setup

videos that show an actual car moving, would like to see the response and acceleration

im in the middle of my motor build which includes the 2871, would like to see what I should be looking for, as in acceleration
its a kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:48 AM   #197
DrifterProdigy85
Leaky Injector

Just ran my 2871R .86 at the track friday night. Best time was a 12.06 @ 120.5mph, 1.9 60ft. Was trying to boost 24psi but spark kept blowing out anything over 20 so the time was @ 18psi. I think the problem is the spark plugs not being cold enough.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #198
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
^ hey man waht heat range are you running?
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #199
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterProdigy85 View Post
Just ran my 2871R .86 at the track friday night. Best time was a 12.06 @ 120.5mph, 1.9 60ft. Was trying to boost 24psi but spark kept blowing out anything over 20 so the time was @ 18psi. I think the problem is the spark plugs not being cold enough.
engine specs and mods and a dyno chart would be nice
Old 04-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #200
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

I've ran 25 or so psi on stock ignition with heat range 7 plugs gapped to .025 without blowing out the spark.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #201
DrifterProdigy85
Leaky Injector

Yea some have but many cant. I fall into that category that cant. Anyways, mods are built block, P&P head, Tomei 270 Cams, Greddy Intake, Ichiba V.II Manifold, and Enthalpy Tune that isnt the best tune.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 AM   #202
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

upgraded ignition system? and what plugs are you running?

with 20+psi of boost on that setup you should be able to do low 11's at 125 or so with a good launch
Old 04-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #203
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^ yep... my car ran a 12.4 @ 307ish WHP...

I just dynoed my car and it made 330whp@ 15 psi.. then my EBC shit out on me...

im guessing around 400whp at 22 psi on pump gas (93).. I have HKS 264 step2, but ill be happy with 375ish
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #204
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
I've ran 25 or so psi on stock ignition with heat range 7 plugs gapped to .025 without blowing out the spark.

I don't believe I am having this problem, but could someone enlighten me as to how you would know if this was happening....aka sypmtoms

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #205
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Missing at high psi. I had this issue over 20 psi, I just tightened my gap to .023. Step 7's
Old 04-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #206
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
maybe .025 is too small of a gap. .03 should be enough. if the gap is too small there will be less atomized air fuel mixture being ignited. A smaller gap means less volume of A/F mixture and a smaller surface area of spark.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #207
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
with 20+psi of boost on that setup you should be able to do low 11's at 125 or so with a good launch
With slicks of course, not street tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Missing at high psi. I had this issue over 20 psi, I just tightened my gap to .023. Step 7's
.022-.024 for anythign I have. I also have the XS Engineering power pack too.

I'll try to get some video when my car is back out. It's kinda nutty with the 4.60's in it!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:48 AM   #208
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
I don't believe I am having this problem, but could someone enlighten me as to how you would know if this was happening....aka sypmtoms
I normally noticed it in 3rd gear. high boost, heavy loads, it would spit and sputter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
With slicks of course, not street tires.
well of course. thats why i said with a good 60'. and by good 60' i mean atleast a 1.6
Old 04-23-2008, 04:50 AM   #209
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((sr)) kelly View Post
^ yep... my car ran a 12.4 @ 307ish WHP...

I just dynoed my car and it made 330whp@ 15 psi.. then my EBC shit out on me...

im guessing around 400whp at 22 psi on pump gas (93).. I have HKS 264 step2, but ill be happy with 375ish
I ran a 12.4 on a stock ecu, stock maf, stock injectors w/ a FP Big28 turbo lol. I dyno'd 330whp and ran an 11.59. But I was pulling very good 60' times
Old 04-23-2008, 06:14 AM   #210
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
my 60 times SUCKED hahaha... as soon as my turbo sees set boost around 5k, ill just spin 1st, then ill have to lazy shift into 2nd
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote