Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-15-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Widening Wheels thread

Content: Discussion of methods and shops for doing such. Pictures of re-barreled wheels or modified wheels to make them wider.

I often see a thread pop up with someone asking about widening or re-barreling their rims... It goes on for a bit. Then falls off only to be asked again shortly. With the approval of admin I'm making this unofficial rim widening thread, lol

As stated. This thread is mean't to provide a list compiled of companies who will widen or narrow (if that's your thing) your rims. Via either re-barrel or cut and weld.

Pics are only to be of rims that have been widened. Or pics of your rims that you wish to have widened.

CCW - Complete Custom Wheels does NOT provide lips for any type of rim other than CCW rims.

Kodiak - No longer offers their re-barreling service. At last time I e-mailed them anyway.

If anyone knows any company that has lips for a reverse mount 17'' rim with a 40 bolt hole pattern. Post it up! lol
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I like this thread, ill post pics from home later
Old 06-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
scooby steve33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
scooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
here comes a completely useless post but there is a picture of a BWM z3 with the stock rear wheel widened and that was dope as hell and i feel like it had the info about him getting the wheels widened as i think they are 1 piece
scooby steve33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Drifting-pedobear
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Drifting-pedobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post

I often see a thread pop up with someone asking about widening or re-barreling their rims... It goes on for a bit. Then falls off only to be asked again shortly.
wonder what gave you this idea ...
Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
scooby steve33
Zilvia Member

scooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-known
google works wonders

car is pretty dope too
M Roadster swap S52 : BIMMER
scooby steve33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I worked for a high-end forged wheel company for a while, I'll try to keep up to date with this thread.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
I like this thread, ill post pics from home later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting-pedobear View Post
wonder what gave you this idea ...
Yeah.... There's been a number of other threads about the same thing though.
Thought it was time to make a dedicated thread to it.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Rebarelled Mugen M7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Who did them? Cost? that's what this thread is for! lol
Old 06-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Check this out? Nice FD This guy did it himself.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
widebodyseven
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
widebodyseven is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Good thread!

Been thinking about widening my oem wheels....
widebodyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Lots of vw guys do this to steelies. There is a thread called, "Widened Steelies" or something. I'd search for it, if I could.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I worked for a high-end forged wheel company for a while, I'll try to keep up to date with this thread.
Hey jordan what company was that? I am getting my rapiers repaired but since the wheel repair place cant copy the diamond shape lips i was thinking of just getting them widened a bit more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
epicbmx
Leaky Injector

epicbmx is an unknown quantity at this point
eric vaughn machine: aluminum wheel widening and narrowing also HW motors in Santa Ana. Eric can widen the front or backside. He can also take apart 2pc welded to set a new offset.
epicbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
ive always kinda liked the Z3 wheels, but these look pretty cool.

i see honda dudes from socal not only widening their M7s but making them larger in diameter using these spacer things to go between the face and barrel. Some pretty interesting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Check this out? Nice FD This guy did it himself.
THAT is some pretty cool shit, great read.

...but that guy is using Tein coilovers, not ground control springs and Koni yellows so lets go ahead and disregard all that.

And Gucci Mane, how are you posting while you are pinked?? LOL.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
BURR

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/95312-widened-steelies.html
Old 06-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #17
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbmx View Post
eric vaughn machine: aluminum wheel widening and narrowing also HW motors in Santa Ana. Eric can widen the front or backside. He can also take apart 2pc welded to set a new offset.
how much does his services cost? .. i want more lip ..
Old 06-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
Hey jordan what company was that? I am getting my rapiers repaired but since the wheel repair place cant copy the diamond shape lips i was thinking of just getting them widened a bit more!

Savini Forged Wheels, in Anaheim. SAVINI FORGED WHEELS

They don't do 3pc wheels in anything smaller than 19", although they do make 18" concave forged monoblocks. If anyone's interested I still do outside sales for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
...but that guy is using Tein coilovers, not ground control springs and Koni yellows so lets go ahead and disregard all that.
I use Tein Monoflex dampers with Swift springs in my FD, they're surprisingly good. Definitely better than any coilovers I've used or driven in S-chassis cars.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Lots of vw guys do this to steelies. There is a thread called, "Widened Steelies" or something. I'd search for it, if I could.
How do you keep posting but you're pink?
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #20
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
How do you keep posting but you're pink?
When your pinked you can still post. Your post has to be reviewed by a mod first though before showing.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #21
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
my question is, it is safe?
honda guys just put the wheels on and go to shows or trailer queens.
they don't drive it on the street cuz the car will get stolen.
s-chasis guys drive more aggressive.
then again this is zilvia, more and more poser growning daily.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #22
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Yes it's safe... Take a loot at weldcraftwheels.com

A link to his testimonials
Weldcraft wheels Testimonials

A vid of of a customers car he did.
YouTube - Brenspeed Built 2008 Bullitt Saleen Supershaker Supercharger
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #23
epicbmx
Leaky Injector

epicbmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Eric's fees are something like $200+ for most mods.
epicbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #24
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
the wheels i have now were widened a inch in the rear i wanna take the 17-10 move them in the front and have the front 9 widened to a 11 and put them in the rear
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #25
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Post pics of them!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #26
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Hey atutt, get your buddy to weld them up for you, just be careful cutting them apart!
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #27
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs

s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #28
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

The rear wheels were originally 18x9.5 and were widened an extra 2" by Tim Williams @ wheel works in Burlington NJ. Tim has been in business for over 20 years and is the best at what he does. he has widened wheels for tons of supras, Ferrari's, and drag cars. when the wheels/tires were mounted and balanced they balanced PERFECTLY. the guy at the tire shop was very impressed.

build link: Custom Flares/Paint Project-335's in the rear?!*UPDATED 9/21*Photoshoot on pg 21 & 22 - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #29
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Just to nit-pick a little bit, I hate when it is called re-barreling and people get new lips. Technically it is all a barrel but I prefer to call the outside portion a lip and the inside portion a barrel.

I originally purchased my BBS RSs in 17X7 and 17X8 +45/+50. With a little math I discovered I could add a 3.5" lip and get 17X10 and 17X11 +7/+12.

I ordered my lips from a guy in Germany, he has an ebay business called Racing Team Hoffman. Just type in 'BBS RS lips' in ebay search and you'll find it.

These are the original pictures from when I redid my first set of RSs. I will take more pictures when I do my new ones.

You can see the stock 1/2 inch lip compared to the 3.5" one (the 3.5" one is sitting on the bolts so it is sticking out a little higher then it should).

Then I took all of the bolts off, heated the wheel sup in the oven, and kicked them apart in my yard. The lips look MUCH better with the old lips off.

All powder coated and put back together.

Before I could seal them up I had to scrape all of the old sealant off, I recommend using a 3M Roloc Bristle Disk on a right angle die grinder:

Once I got the wheels cleaned and bolted back together I sealed it up with some GE Aluminum and Metal Silicone sealant. In a bottle like this:

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #30
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration

Wheel Widening Services - Custom Wheels

eric vaughn machine: aluminum wheel widening and narrowing

I called weld craft before and tried to persuade them to do some 3 piece wheels.
and he didnt like doing so because he would have to make a cut too close to the nipple.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote