Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
Asmar
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Asmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s14 LHD Euro S14 Kouki Headlights Wiring

I'm trying to get LHD Euro S14 (S14a) Kouki headlights wired up on my USDM S14 Kouki. I bought the headlights (part number 26060-82F25 and 26010-82F25) and the needed switch. I even found the wiring diagram. My question is where do I find the pigtal that plugs into the back of the headlight leveler switch and the pigtal that plugs into the headlights?

Old 07-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Sorry I do not have an answer to your question, but I myself have a question for you. Why euro headlights and what is that knob?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:50 AM   #3
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Sorry I do not have an answer to your question, but I myself have a question for you. Why euro headlights and what is that knob?
Headlight leveling option. I have it on my Zenki. It;s fun.
OP - You can find the pigtails of an STi of infinti QX4.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
DiscountPirate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DiscountPirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you can find the connectors you will still have to solder on wiring to connect the two. If you have the pinout and you are handy with solder, crimping and shrink wrap you can make it your self. Either way it's gonna take a little custom work
DiscountPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #5
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Headlight leveling option. I have it on my Zenki. It;s fun.
OP - You can find the pigtails of an STi of infinti QX4.

Do only the Euro headlights have it?
Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #6
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Do only the Euro headlights have it?
Euro S14 headlights are the only ones that have the motors if that's what you're asking.

There are many USDM infiniti's that have the aiming motors as well and you can pilfer from them to make pigtails. However, the best option I've seen is to try to get the pigtails from an 04-05 STi or any mid 90's Subaru with headlight aiming options. The Niles Corporation built the switches for both Nissan and Subaru and they're interchangeable.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #7
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Euro S14 headlights are the only ones that have the motors if that's what you're asking.

There are many USDM infiniti's that have the aiming motors as well and you can pilfer from them to make pigtails. However, the best option I've seen is to try to get the pigtails from an 04-05 STi or any mid 90's Subaru with headlight aiming options. The Niles Corporation built the switches for both Nissan and Subaru and they're interchangeable.

Well dang, it never ceases to amaze me how I still find out new things about S-chassis.

Sigh now I need this in my life.