Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Want to mod your car? Want to bad mouth shops/brands? You need to watch this...

To anyone out there who wants to mod or build their car and then turn around to bad mouth a brand, shop or tuner because something doesnt work right or doesnt fit properly... Perhaps you need to start doing a bit more research on your end about what brands or shops you decide to use (and yes, this even includes my brand). This guy nails down quite a few points most younger guys out there never think about. Instead of buying cheap ebay parts installed via cheap labor and then complaining something doesnt work/fit right or going on forums/facebook and talking shit about brands or tuners who actually put in due diligence to create good parts that are more expensive than chinese or backyard knock offs... perhaps its time for the 240 scene to wake up a bit and take a lesson from what the guy talks about in the video!

http://www.thatvideomagazine.com/new...qwEHI.facebook

if you spout off with TLDW regarding this video then you really need to think about your attention to detail on your own build. Its nice to hear a tuner in the field that points out a good chunk of whats wrong with the tuning industry as a whole in current times!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #2
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Really good stuff here, this is what people dont understand the old saying "You get what you pay for" is true and always will be. Guy's like Vinny have to learn this stuff there is no factory tech thats going to come and help him really if he gets stuck he's got to and has already figured it out.

Bottom line is if you want a shitbox go to a cheap shop. Or if you have 2k and think you can turn a 2jzge into a 2jzna-t and think you're going to get 400hp out of it ( because you cant afford a 2jzgte), you should probably sell your car and get a hobby making model airplanes or something beacause its not going to happen.
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Broke bois will always find a way to get close to what they want and justify it.

I always say suckers pay twice. First time being a cheap ass. Second time doing it right.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #4
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
He is kinda a self righteous fuck. Not everyone has the luxury of a location to someone of his caliber. Also, the odds of finding someone that has all the skill sets at one shop, let alone one guy is very tough, again based on your area.

But yes, assume SOME GODDAMN PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #5
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
ASSUME SOME GODDAMN PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!
is there an app for that? lol

Old 06-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
zenki-s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
zenki-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Completely agree.

Also just to ad. People complaining about having to modify cheap parts to work also need to realize that there are a lot of time that name brand parts will be modified as well. It is a simple concept that people cannot seem to grasp. Modifying your car requires making modifications, lol.
zenki-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

quality never use to be an issue in the 240 scene (circa late 90s to mid 2000s). it seems like the effect snow balled pretty heavily after the recession hit. other car scenes have come out of it pretty well, but for some odd reason the 240 just seems stuck in the idea of "cheap labor or cheap knock off part = perfect quality"

replicas CAN equal the original, but when a scene is built on knock off shit and when tuners deal with nothing but knock off parts, blame is usually placed incorrectly... the blame should be the owners. if a cheap chinese turbo was purchased, a cheap knock off body kit was bought or a cheap control arm installed sold, it really is the owners fault that the initial start of the problem began with the poorly educated purchasing decision.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #8
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
LOL! This video is from several years ago if my memory serves me correctly.

He needs to add "stop bashing something just because your name is not on it"

See below thread
onehundred Bashes Wilwood Kit because it is a higher level kit to what he sells

The above thread is a perfect example of the idiots and assholes among us.........
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #9
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
He mad.

Telling the truth but at the end uh da day? he sound so salty.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
The kit was never marketed to the cheaper audience. the machine cost just in hats alone cost more than some peoples car on here lol
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #11
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I see it all the time in our local 240 Facebook group. People just don't understand that you can't slap things together. Even to the point that I see "WTB: SR water pump, don't feel like paying for a brand new one". It's ridiculous. It makes it especially hard because at this point there is no quality used part market. Cars get thrown together with shitty parts then parted out and all it is is shitty parts.

One of the most infuriating things is people who ask for advice, are pinpointed to their issue, and still refuse to listen because they don't believe their parts are failing.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
dorki......

you realize how fucking OLD that video is?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #13
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
dorki......

you realize how fucking OLD that video is?

Is the information passed the expiration date? I didnt check.
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #14
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dont care <3

still rings true in todays car scene

Old 06-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
dont care <3

still rings true in todays car scene
"General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars"

hmm...

very relevant
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote