Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That cage is pants party.

So trick bro.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #32
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Do the salt flats cause cars to rust, or is it not bad since I assume it is very dry there? I have always wondered. It seems that driving on that much salt a 240SX would rust to death before reaching the finish line.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #33
hybrid DET
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
hybrid DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The salt is super tough on cars. After two days of running on the salt, I thoroughly rinsed and cleaned my Sentra. Even then, oxidation began to occur on the under carriage and also parts like the axles and even the ECU body! Every once in awhile I find a chuck of salt on the garage floor which fell out of some crevice of the bumper. I think after running Bonneville, I am going to have tear down the entire S13 and clean it even more thoroughly.
hybrid DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #34
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i vividly recall seeing a car at the nissan museum at nissan HQ that was a salt flat car, there was salt in every crevice... and the car had been cleaned. i would say, imagine it like when you put something in a blast cabinet for cleaning.... that shit gets adhered on a microscopic level
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #35
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
You sir are awesome. I have always wanted to build a 240 land speed car. Cane wait to see how this car turns out.

The cage looks good like the tie in th did the the rear frame.

Subscribed

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #36
hybrid DET
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i vividly recall seeing a car at the nissan museum at nissan HQ that was a salt flat car, there was salt in every crevice... and the car had been cleaned. i would say, imagine it like when you put something in a blast cabinet for cleaning.... that shit gets adhered on a microscopic level
Yeah, I've seen that car too. It was an Infiniti Q45 I believe. It was a shame to see it there sitting on four flat front runners and salt jammed in every crevice still. I tried to get that car when Nissan picked up and moved to Tennessee, but they decided to take it with them along with the rest of the historic cars. Hell, it was worth a shot.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #37
hybrid DET
Leaky Injector

Almost done with the suspension portion of the build.

SPL Pro Suspension Goodies!

mmm, no more factory toe adjustment!

SPL RUCAs

Added some Energy Suspension bushings to what ever was not replaced with SPL's spherical bearings.

New article on that here

Got to finish up the suspension and work on the brakes next. I'm Running out of time before speed week!