Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #301
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
M5 V8 (as noted above). I think that was the same car that participated in the USCC last year at VIR
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #302
Will.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cars looking spot on, painting it soon?
Will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #303
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
Cars looking spot on, painting it soon?
Paint to come after the front fenders are done being fitted, then I need to decide what side
skirts and bumpers I want to run.

Spent some more time fine tuning the driver side fender fitment, it seems like hours just
to fix minor details, and the process repeats itself over and over. Sand, fiberglass, wait for
it to harden, sand. Repeat. I gotta say though, I'm loving how this is turning out!

Haven't even started on the passenger side yet. But the time I'm investing in panel fitment
makes me appreciate widebody cars even more, esp the ones that have
even panel gap, and body lines.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #304
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Instead of trying to figure out how to put it into words, this video will kind of explain
how when I shifted to 5th gear the car just stopped pulling as hard. The car was originally
an automatic, which should make the rear gear 4.08.
Regardless, I still had a blast, and got to see a few GT-Rs and Lambos do over 200mph!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPTtHofkOFM

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 07-07-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Old 09-28-2017, 06:30 AM   #305
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Finally got my Origin side skirts and OEM JDM Nissan trunk spoiler thanks to Jesse Streeter! Just waiting on my front bumper now before going to body and paint

Old 09-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #306
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Matt about that hot-boi life now<3

Love it.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #307
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
Matt about that hot-boi life now<3

Love it.
But whut about dat Toy-boi life? No more slicks on the roof on race day

Picked this tire hauler up for a steal, even told the seller I felt bad for bending him over without buying him dinner. Now I'll have everything I need in the trailer at all times and not have to load and unload the car over and over!

Old 11-07-2017, 09:30 AM   #308
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Love the fitment of your engine with the Hinson mounts. Did you have to notch your crossmember? I am running the CX Racing kit and have had to modify my mounts significantly to go back to where I want, along with making room for the clearance up front and slightly cutting trans tunnel for shifter clearance with my MGW short shifter. Mine is just a hair tighter than yours I think.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #309
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Love the fitment of your engine with the Hinson mounts. Did you have to notch your crossmember? I am running the CX Racing kit and have had to modify my mounts significantly to go back to where I want, along with making room for the clearance up front and slightly cutting trans tunnel for shifter clearance with my MGW short shifter. Mine is just a hair tighter than yours I think.
No modification to cross member needed with the mount kit I used.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:46 AM   #310
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Front bumper finally decided to show up . . .

I'm excited to get this thing back together and all one color again
Old 03-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #311
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

I spent all last week prepping the car for an autocross at Zmax dragway.
Huge open lot with plenty of seat time.

Started off with buying a bad ass riv-nut gun, this thing it great!
Now the widebody is super easy to take off and put on if needed.

With that knocked out I moved on to finally installing my Sparco 4 point harness and
completing the install of my Sparco seat as well. This is by far my favorite part of the car now!

Since I never got around to mounting the headlights, I decided to knock all of that out and wire
them up. Made this bracket out of some aluminum so I don't have to take the headlights off to
remove the fenders now.

Loaded up the little trailer the next morning and left at 5:30am to make the hour and twenty
minute drive to Zmax Dragway. They have a HUGE paved lot beside the dragstrip and it ensures plenty of seat time.

I feel bad for your guys on the West Coast that don't know about some Bojangles biscuits on a
Saturday morning, dude at the drive thru loved the car lol

Got to the track and found out with the slicks on the front bumper rubs too much, might be
time to go with some smaller sidewall tires to cure this issue. But for now the fix is taking the bumper off.

Spotted this clean Z31 at the autox as well

Also this BADASS Chevelle, LOVE LOVE LOVE that body style!

All in all, not a bad day on the track, the car made 8 laps (my brother was co-driving), and

made the trip home without an issue, hate the look w/o a bumper, but it was still a blast, even
with slicks that wouldn't stay warm
To resolve the tire/bumper fitment and the slicks not heating up on short
runs, I've ordered some Federal RS-RR tires that should be here soon. Can't wait to see how gripy they get
Old 03-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #312
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

After the grip issues I had with the cold conditions (sub 50 degrees), and also
the clearance issues with the 275/40/17 slicks rubbing the back of the front
bumper, I decided to get a different size tire and different compound also. Picked up these Federal RS-RR 255/40/17, I LOVE THE WAY THESE LOOK!!!

So sexy, looks like something from the pits at Tsukuba Circuit!

Fitment on point, no more rubbing, and plenty of suspension clearance as well.

I noticed a few guys at my last event that had home made tire warmers that
they put on the tires after each lap. They're nothing crazy, just heat
reflective insulation.

Also, decided that the interior needs to be as close to all one color as possible, so
I pulled the confetti door inlays, and do them in black suede.

Under the upholstery was this foam backing, which didn't peel off with the upholstery, so a lot of time went into getting the foam off.

With the black suede trimmed out, I just need to make a few more snips and then get it glued down. Should look good!