Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Supercharged VH45DE s14 rebuild thread

Well after a long hiatus getting the car back on the road....

Original build threads can be found here

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=140078

2008- current
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=140078

So back in feb of 2015 i blew the motor up doing some fun stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbwXdFTrVQ

And then the car sat.... Bought a boat and a new house so i was distracted for a while but I'm back at it...

Pulling the engine out this weekend then start to rebuild..... either VH45 or Ls3... haven't decided yet, time will tell. But one thing is for sure, this bitch will be back on the road soon, or I'm buying an M4.

What she looked like to start

Disassembly...

Things are so much easier with a removable core support

Everybody always asks for pics of the supercharger brackets so here goes, notice the crazy clearance on the belt, but hey its reliable.

Misc pics

CTS V brakes another first for the community lol

Baller dual 3 inch exhaust made by yours truly

and here is where it sits today, it would be out already if it where not for the ram of my hoist going bad with it ready to come out... oh well till tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Glad to see you back and getting amp'd up for the new beast. I say stick with the VH, everyone does the LSx bullshit, continue being unique and different. I've always enjoyed reading the build of your car.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow, that's a screen name I haven't seen in a while. Glad to see this car is still around.
oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
speedfiend
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (68)
speedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedfiend
Been following your builds since day one man!!! Gotta say Im glad to see you back at it. Always loved the sound of that VH screaming around the track! I second the notion of sticking with the VH man. Stay unique and keep it NISSAN lol!
Cameron
speedfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Holy shit back from the dead...I love that this build isnt done. I hear ya about the distraction thing, owning a house keeps you busy.

I am sure I dont have to tell you this but for uniqueness, the VH all day. Your car was a blast to watch on the track. Then you dropped the Supercharger in it that made her a beast. Obviously you would know better about the limited aftermarket for the VH and the cost of aftermarket is EXPENSIVE. But getting an LS3 together is usually no budget saver either unless you can get a hell of a deal. And again I am sure you are well aware of the LS aftermarket and availability and interchangeability of the parts.

Looking forward to your build.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 07-24-2017 at 08:52 AM..
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #6
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the positive comments guys... the supercharger kit, spare motor with the built bottom end and the built heads with cams are all for sale. If it doesn't sell i guess ill just put it together and throw it back in and see if it makes power.

Ive said it before this car will die with me, never going to get rid of it unless it gets totally wrecked lol

First time seeing sunlight in 2.5 years, i love the stance of this car.

coming out

She's a big bitch

Baller competition clutch twin plate with virtually no wear after 4 years of use, this is why you buy quality parts

more to come.....
Old 07-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #7
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Finally a reason to come back to Zilvia
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #8
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

So got everything pulled out cleaned and pulled apart..

Nice clean car and engine bay, going to hack up the crossmember a bit and send it to get powder coated, also going to get a nismo power brace, i just hate seeing old dirty parts on the car.

Finally cause of death, obliterated number 6 bearing from a 8500 rpm mechanical over rev of a poorly time downshift by me lol.. time to do some soul searching and decide what motor to go forward with

Old 07-23-2017, 08:44 PM   #9
Jamaica

Trader Rating: (1)
Jamaica is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How much you want for the built heads and supercharger kit?
Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #10
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaica View Post
How much you want for the built heads and supercharger kit?
I'll copy from my for sale thread.

Parting out VH45DE supercharger / Cams / Built Heads setup... I think a lot of people are probably familiar with the car so i won't go into to many details. Everyone that knows me knows i don't cut corners and do everything right with quality parts, not looking for offers prices are firm

HEADS 2500.00 new and unused still with assembly lube
They have custom cams from mazworx, custom supertech valve springs, custom supertech titanium retainers, 5 angle valve job, hand blended bowls etc.

heres the specs on the cams
stock
Duration 240* Intake, 240* Exhaust
Maximum valve lift 0.368" Intake, 0.355" Exhaust

new cams
Duration 272* Intake, 272* Exhaust
Maximum valve lift 0.420" Intake, 0.405" Exhaust

FRESHLY REBUILT SHORT BLOCK FOR 8000rpm, new and unused still with assembly lube . 2500.00
Stock pistons
stock rods
Hastings rings
clevite rods and mains clearances with freshly micro polished crank can provide recipes for all parts and work lots of other little details too

Built by TEC in west palm beach, they do a lot of work for titan motorsports.

And finally
SUPERCHARGER KIT
This is as complete as it gets
Supercharge and brackets for alternators and modified alternator and all pulleys
Radiator and water necks needed for the setup
porsche cayanne intake manifold and custom fuel rails and brackets with 65lb injectors
piping
intercooler
Ford Cobra MAF
Nistune tunable computer with harness
It's honestly too much to list
pretty much everything for a bolt in 450whp

I know these prices aren't for everyone but thats what I'm asking

Assuming this sells
Headers mounts aluminum driveshaft and a nice twin plate will be going up to.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:14 AM   #11
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
hello long time no see! welcome back. I'll like to see your boat. I'm in the market for one but cant decide what to get because of many factors. I'll say pics of your boat please

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:40 AM   #12
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Wow, didn't know this car was still kicking around, always loved it!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 PM   #13
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn i thought this car was dead too. glad to see its still alive
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Normally I don't do this, but I am feeling nice this morning, I will move this to the builds section.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:04 PM   #15
300ztt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
300ztt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
such a sick car/build!!
300ztt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:10 PM   #16
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
So glad to see this back. Love this car. Please stick with a power plant that has more than one camshaft. Would love to hear the sounds this thing makes in person.
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #17
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
OH this is going to be good, glad to see you back on the boards man!

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #18
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Oh snap, loved following your old thread on V8Nissans, looking forward to seeing progress!
Old 08-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #19
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
sweet baby jesus. This was one of my favorite cars back in the day. Glad to see it back man.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #20
I<3Zenkis

I<3Zenkis is an unknown quantity at this point
For what it’s worth I’d love to see you keep the vh45 it’s such a sick build and sounds better than a ls in my opinion. Either way I’m tuned in.
I<3Zenkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #21
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRacer View Post
time to do some soul searching and decide what motor to go forward with
Be the hero Zilvia needs but doesn't deserve... Ecoboost 3.5TT. If anybody here can do it, its GSRacer.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #22
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Wow, this brings back some memories. I remember waaaay back when you originally swapped it.

Glad to see you're getting back at it, and I can't wait to see the update!
Old 11-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #23
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Wow does time fly, after disassembling it and trying to source some new parts I got frustrated and it sat again for a while, I did end up buying the M4 after all and messed with that for a while.

So last week I finally decided to get the car running again, I stopped assembling my built motor and ordered a "low mileage" JDM takeout off of flea bay in hopes that it would be in good shape.

The motor arrived this past weds.

immediately unwrapped it to check it out, its one of the cleaner motors ive come across, looks to be a 98 or 99 model maybe out of a Nissan president based off the fact that there is no ignitor for the coil packs plus general cleanliness.

insides

Friday night comes around and start removing all the oem stuff to get my stuff on

literally 80 lbs of nonsense removed from this motor lol

Saturday getting ready to go in and assembly

Sunday fixing all the broken things on the car, its amazing what happens when a car sits for 3.5 years, all the rubber fuel line was melted I guess from the ethanol in the gas, all 4 brakes need to be bled not a lot but about 2-3 squirts a piece, as usual with nissans the clutch master and slave where bad and needed to be placed. But after some effort she lives again.

No tag but no problem needed some fresh gas

Drove her 40 miles last night , no problems some rattles, nothing like the m4 lol, but its an old race car that's stiff and fast. Its running a little rough very rich actually, only under boost street tuning tonight.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:15 PM   #24
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
3.5 years of not running and gets its fixed and sorted in 1 weekend! LOL i like your style.

Glad to see this thing back, sucks when newer cars distract you but its always good to come back to your roots.

Cant wait for more updates! that JDM motor looks fresh.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:18 PM   #25
I<3Zenkis

I<3Zenkis is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome back. I was starting to think you were done with the VH and going LS. Happy you stayed VH!
I<3Zenkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #26
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks everyone going to try to head to the dyno soon to see how its doing, sadly I think the M4 is faster than the 240 is. lol
Old 11-06-2018, 10:45 AM   #27
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Good to see this thing alive! I figured it didn't exist anymore haha. Excited to see what it puts down!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #28
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
One of my original inspirations when I joined the site! Glad to see you back.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #29
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
One of the OG threads!
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:45 PM   #30
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Holy shit dude! bad ass welcome back glad this car didn't get forgotten about, still running it on Nistune?

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote