Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Need to know the percentage of people who wouldbuild/or have or plan to have ka24det
I have had a ka24de-t 55 11.43%
I currently have a ka24de and wish there was more support for it. 63 13.10%
I am planning on building a ka24de-t 142 29.52%
I preffer the sr20det. 221 45.95%
Voters: 481. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #91
mmmS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mmmS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Has anybody seen a KA-T with 400 horsepower go 100k+ Miles?
Just wondering if it's ever happened. Built or not. Or even 50k+ miles for that matter.

most of the build KA-T engines you see are freshly rebuilt, people selling them with 6k or 13k and such.

My stock block has 230k miles on it making around 400hp (crank hp should be around 350whp) Never dyno'd so I guess technically my guesstimate numbers don't count. Ive got maybe 3 oil changes under its belt and its holding fine, did you mean like 50k turbo'd or 50k on the engine with a turbo on it?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #92
kawitwofiddy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kawitwofiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When I first was sucked into the 240 world I thought like any other noob. And that was sr all the way. I was too dumb to realize that sr's were only "better" because they came stock turbo'd. I've learned over the past year of project 240's and reading on forums that a KA is the all around better choice. In the next month or so I will be putting a t25 on my stock KA. Patience is the key to the limited supply of A/M KA parts(which has grown since this thread started.) I picked up my internally wastegated t25 with a b/m KA manifold and sr turbo elbow for $175 shipped from the f/s section on here. Im going with the Megasquirt2 DIYPNP as a tune, and I don't plan to spend much more than a grand for all my turbo parts, not cutting any corners. I feel the reliability of both motors lies in the tune mainly. The SR20 comes stock with an almost perfectly tuned ecu, as the ecu's used for the KA-T are mostly reflashed and tuned to perfection. Your motor that is being turbo'd needs to be checked and have a few tests ran if you are expecting top reliability. Sorry for ranting but after reading four pages of comments I needed to share my .02 cents.

Bottom Line: I would love to see more aftermarket parts available to the KA world, and i'e noticed cxracing to be impressive on their more moderate parts- intercoolers, radiators, hoses etc. I feel along with more support for ka-t aftermarket product, will come more KA-Ters an will eliminate the price that I love oh so much for them. I also oppose the support of a/m parts because i love the d.i.y. custom style that rides with many KA's. It shows one of two things- someones got money, or someone know their shit. Theres my two cents for ya
kawitwofiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #93
AJZax
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
AJZax is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just built an s13 SR for 500whp for pro-am. Next season looking at hitting 550whp with response with different turbo setup. Right now, Complete tomei valvetrain with ferrea oversized valves, all the headwork to support it, twin scroll 3076 setup, blended and port matched intake and exhaust manifolds, CP 87mm 9:1 comp, eagle rods, cosworth, acl, arp everywhere.......

NOW I feel as if I should've built a KAT -_- I ALMOST did but I was scared.

KA advantages
-no rocker arms
-high flowing head (flows more like a VE head, and with headwork even more)
-super low starting costs (you can score KAs for free sometimes.. lolll literally)

SR advantages
-more options for aftermarket support
-out of the box reliability and performance
-stock SR can push out as much as the tranny can reliably. perfect. Slap on fuel and bigger turbo tune it and get some seat time

If you're going all out build I'd say KA is way to go. It's a little heavier than an SR, buuuut I think it's worth the few lbs lol.

KA needs:
-rotating assembly balanced
-cheezy rods replaced
-forced induction friendly pistons (not comrpession ratio, ring land to piston face distance)
-bigger head studs lol (for 700whp etc) (rb26 ones fit with machining from what I've seen)

Anyone wanna buy my SR so I can build a KA? lolol
I haven't even broken it in yet! haha It's got like 30 miles on it.

How much you think a built SR would sell for with xcessive z32 conversion for s14? (just curious)

BTW guy above me, I'd recommend RS-Enthalpy. KA-T guys here have great luck with them, RS-Enthalpy tunes are spot on and super cost effective. We have a guy here with a GT35 setup with lots of custom fab and he's currently switching from JWT to Enthalpy. Even had a guy switch from series 2 AEM to enthalpy. Just food for thought.

Last edited by AJZax; 07-01-2013 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: added reply
AJZax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #94
kawitwofiddy
Leaky Injector

kawitwofiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJZax View Post
BTW guy above me, I'd recommend RS-Enthalpy. KA-T guys here have great luck with them, RS-Enthalpy tunes are spot on and super cost effective. We have a guy here with a GT35 setup with lots of custom fab and he's currently switching from JWT to Enthalpy. Even had a guy switch from series 2 AEM to enthalpy. Just food for thought.
im kinda in favor of eliminating the whole maf sensor idea plus I will be paying three hundred dollars and learning how to tune my own car. I am completely DIY crazy so why the fuck not? haha
kawitwofiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #95
Tht1ae86

Tht1ae86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sr20det hands down
Tht1ae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #96
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
I prefer the SR- not because I think it's any better; but because it's the only motor I really know anything about (not all that much- but enough to be dangerous lol).
Old 07-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #97
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
When my set up gets going ( picking up the spare ka to build this weekend) it will have forged internals, whatever I can get from Tomei headwise, turbo wise, and with the money invested I will not even think of reflashing a ecu, I am just going to pick up an AEM standalone unit, and pay for the tuning.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #98
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
all I care about is the DET part.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #99
miamiman323
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
miamiman323 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I've had a stock sr and then a stock block ka-t. After getting the ka I pretty much decided ill never go sr again. I love the torque of the ka and I never really was into revving the shit out of a motor anyway so the ka was perfect for me. Now I have a built KA with an HX35 for this summer and can't wait to do some driving. Hopefully it won't be too laggy or else ill go back to the t3t4 I had before.

I think it all comes down to whether you like a motor with low end torque or a motor that screams up top. All comes down to preference and driving style.
miamiman323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #100
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

spools420a is a well-known jackass
I have a sr20 but would prefer the ka24 for the same reason when i turbocharged my non turbo talon,you can go to the junk yard and get a shortblock for as cheap as $40 on half price day or a longblock for not much more and have your blown motor up and running for cheap.iy=ts very ideal especially for learning curve.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #101
240taylen

240taylen is an unknown quantity at this point
I prefer the Sr over the ka because it's more power to start off with and could get a substantial amount more with a few mods. I have a s13 sr black top owned for a couple months now. I traded an s14 with a ka with a rebuilt head and my jeep for it. Anywho. I'm not much of a trader and I loved my s14 but I rode in the s13 at track for a day. On 13pounds stock setup. No problems the thing was a blast. But in all honesty it probably won't be too long until I buy another ka and hopefully boost it because there so plentiful here in the states and originally learning to drift with a ka it's a great motor! IV heard people boosting them all stock and being reliable as hell! Putting down Lil over 200.. on second thought that's about a stock Sr lol
240taylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #102
wussmonster
Zilvia Member

wussmonster is an unknown quantity at this point
SR all the way for me. As far as legality or smog goes, I just throw the stock cat on and drive to deq. Car passes every time.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2
wussmonster is offline   Reply With Quote