Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:03 PM   #1
hillclimb240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hillclimb240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Auto-Collect Storm 180

I've been wanting to make a build thread for a long time now and finally found the focus to sit down and make one. I guess let's start with a little back story.

had a few Cressida's. whatever.

Cressida's suck. Started with a hatch before i messed around with Cressida's so it only made sense to go back. Bought another hatch and went to town.

Started with a super clean '89

Bought aero stuff that didn't last long and finally said fuck it and ordered 326 Power D-lux

Got it painted some sort of custom metallic Silver. Had some Kiwami's on it but finally came up on a set of Work Schwerts SC2 and bought an Origin Type 2 hood.
Drove 7 hours down to Grange Motor Circuit to Drive at Super D Matsuri 1 and to show off the new look.

That car looked super cool and i loved it because of that. Driving wise, the car sucked. Still Stock KA, stock Knuckles, 18's up front on a 215/35/18, and Low. Later the next year i would compete in my first ever tandem competition. Super D cup round one. I was still on 18's all around but, i had B-knuckle, GP Sports Coils, and raised the car a little. I ended up taking 2nd place only to lose to Julian of Animal Style. I was hooked. For round two, I changed it up a little. Sold the beat D-lux and bought Gp-Sports Style kit from Shine Auto. Had D-magic design a super simple livery and put on some Wedssport SA50m to complete my vision of a d1sl inspired car.

Round 1

Round 2

The silver car ended being such an amazing car to me. It drove well and the stock KA always made it a challenge. However, all good things must come to an end but, only to start a new beginning in my case. An SR swapped hatch with a ton of goodies popped up for sale and I had to let go of the silver car to get it. FINALLY, AN SR!! This is about the point where i started making S13 Fender Braces. I teamed up with Kevin from Bosstown on the east coast and was selling my products under Kevin's brand Goodride. We ended up having different ideas for the future and Kevin would stay Goodride and I would birth Auto-Collect Storm. No there was no drama between Kevin and I. He is to this day one of my best friends. Okay, back to the car story. The car started out basically like this:

Last edited by hillclimb240sx; 12-27-2018 at 12:46 AM..
hillclimb240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #2
Olly
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subscribed.

Loved the silver car.
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:58 PM   #3
hillclimb240sx
Zilvia Member

Part 2.

Sold the Car Modify Wonder Fenders and Overs w/ the CMW flares to buy the CMW GT fenders and overs. Bought an S15 wing. The majority of my favorite 180's were green and the color is super appealing to me so I decided not only would I paint my car green but I would base the whole companies look off of the color. So I picked out a paint color and had Rus from Gold Star paint the car.

Julian sprayed some candy lime green on the roof.

Finally got the car back home and was able to grab some pics of it semi-complete.

It looked nice but i knew once the livery was on it would really tie everything together. I had @arixant on Instagram design my livery and had FXD&WLD cut and apply the vinyl.

Starting to take shape:

Finished:

At this point I finally saw my vision come to life. I was beyond happy. The same night the livery was installed was the same night we drove 7 hours to Grange Motor Circuit for Super D Matsuri 2. Exhausted.

Let's drive!

Super D Matsuri 2 was insane. The car performed amazing aside from my turbo not wanting to hold hands with my manifold. I also managed to absolutely destroy one of my 57DR's. It oddly enough still held air though.

I also managed to score a Federal Tires Sponsor while at Super D!!

Next up was an event at Thunderhill Raceway held by Prestige Metal Coatings. It's always a great time driving with friends.

Last edited by hillclimb240sx; 12-27-2018 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: Redundant
Old 12-27-2018, 12:19 AM   #4
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This car is hella rad. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the dope products.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:33 AM   #5
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
fuccin finally!
Old 12-27-2018, 12:35 AM   #6
hillclimb240sx
Zilvia Member

Part 3:

After this event there was a bit of down time. I guess just due to no events being scheduled due to the severe summer heat. I eventually ended up buying a set of Gramlight Luminous Yellow 57C6's and had my rear pair of 57DR's powdercoated to match.

I also ended up picking up a full sponsor from Thrash Racing!!

Custom Tiger Print, Red carbon backing, and Storm logo embroidery.

At Super D Matsuri I somehow ended up talking to the guys who run My Drift Car Challenge and kind of jokingly but super seriously commented on how sick it would be if i was the given the opportunity to be invited onto the show. Well... it happened. Had a good friend tow me down to Grange again only to blow my trans first lap out. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

(1)

My Drift Car Challenge to be continued.... Ended up finding a new to me trans a few weeks later. Had some down time again due to no events. I also ended up trading my yellow 57DR's for Pink 57DR's since mine were 10.5j and i wanted to step down to a 9.5j wheel so i had less stretch on the 255/35/18. I also acquired a type X wing at some point.

Finally another event popped up!! Hosted by The Good Luck League. I finally got a solid day of driving with Max. All the fun was had. lol

Coming up to more recent times. I traded me 57C6 and my first Thrash Jaguar print seat for a pair of brand new TE37SL's with brand new 235/40/17 Zestino Gredge 07R's.

I also sold my rear 57DR's and picked up a pair of Wedssport TC-005's 18x10 +18 (super rare) I've been looking for these in this size for long time.

I ended up selling my Car Modify Wonder Aero with a new vision in mind. I opted for the GP Sports front and rear bumper from Shine Auto again but, this time i went with GT-1 style skirts. This is up to current times now. Figuring out a front splitter to actually start putting into production. Got the car actually Dyno tuned finally even though my street tune was pretty damn good.

Old 12-27-2018, 01:04 AM   #7
hillclimb240sx
Zilvia Member

Signature test. this reply can be deleted.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:23 AM   #8
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Excited for the new iteration of this car!
Old 12-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #9
G-Sep

Trader Rating: (1)
G-Sep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey you used to live in MA right?
G-Sep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:54 AM   #10
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Subscribed & in for this.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:04 AM   #11
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Super cool to see the progress of the car. I remember the days of the white cressida at Lime rock.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:45 AM   #12
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Love it!
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:16 AM   #13
Walkerbondd
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Walkerbondd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
been following this build on instagram for a while, stoked to see it on here brother!
Walkerbondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #14
Kamycakes
Leaky Injector

Kamycakes is on a distinguished road
Very Cool s13. As far as i follow this build on ig i can easily tell that your car is always a lot different from others. And this is priceless nowadays.
My heart took that stage with Garage Mak, euro tails and spirit rei parts. Kinda Shame you didn't stayed with this look for longer
Old 12-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #15
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Green car is rad!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #16
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
This is so cool. I really dig the story behind it. I also like how you seem to really 'get' the style you're going for because a lot of people say they're going for the D1SL look and then end up looking like shit.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:35 PM   #17
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I like where this is going! I won't lie... I will miss the Car Modify Wonder Aero, but I LOVE your style and the new aero you've gone with.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:47 PM   #18
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Bout damn time!
Old 12-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #19
NWI1405

NWI1405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Absolutely love this car.
NWI1405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:23 PM   #20
n1smo413
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
n1smo413 is on the path to ruinn1smo413 is on the path to ruinn1smo413 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to n1smo413
Amazing machine!
Old 12-28-2018, 06:20 PM   #21
Romango3
Leaky Injector

Romango3 is on the path to ruinRomango3 is on the path to ruin
Very cool stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romango3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #22
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Satisfying to read.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:26 AM   #23
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
You have an amazing eye for building and styling cars Roy. Always sad when you change something up and then I always end up loving it! One of the best in the biz.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #24
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Looking good out there Roy!
Old 01-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #25
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Fan fuckin tastic car man! subbed for this built thread, i see all the changes happen on IG quicker but I love seeing this car's story all in one place. Keep up the good work with the Auto Collect Storm side of things!
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #26
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I love this car and everything from STORM. Keep that good good coming.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 PM   #27
hillclimb240sx
Zilvia Member

Thanks for all the compliments guys!!! 2018 was awesome. Last event of the year was Super D NYE. Super D never fails to impress. What an amazing day. Here's some pics and a video. enjoy!

Click to watch. I'm Computer slow AF so i don't know how to do it any other way.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:07 AM   #28
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Sick AF. I like the level of hype and potent dopeness.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:39 AM   #29
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Best Style ~ ! That interior is tits
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote