Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-15-2018, 12:33 AM   #1
jdm14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jdm14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KA24DET Oem Kit

Hey guys. I was just wondering if there is something on the market like an OEM looking turbo kit for the KA. If not, would that be something that people would be interested in buying if sold. I’m thinking something similar to my setup and completely bolt on. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdm14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2018, 01:09 AM   #2
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Cause we don't already have threads on this
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:34 AM   #3
jdm14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Cause we don't already have threads on this

O really? Could you link it? I haven’t seen any

Old 08-15-2018, 01:52 AM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
...I have something for this

spend 10000 usd and put an oilless rear mount on it with a $75 radiator

that way when you blow the KA and change the engine you still have the turbo and can throw away the pos radiator

is so still a good idea, what crazy is that

nobody has the sense of humor anymore these days

\\\ words
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #5
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
That air filter and pipings doesn’t look OEM to me.
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
People might be interested if the intercooler piping had some sort of clamps on the coupler.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
jdm14
Zilvia Junkie

Lol. I guess maybe it’s not something that would interest you.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #8
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
if you're going for the OEM look, I suggest you buy hose clamps and couplers that match each other and not use a cheap ass auto zone special filter (use an actual airbox).
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:16 PM   #9
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Mmm858 is probably THE BEST stock KA-t out there:
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #10
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
https://www.ebay.com/itm/44-55MM-TUR...ry!92801!US!-1
Old 08-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #11
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
...I have something for this

spend 10000 usd and put an oilless rear mount on it with a $75 radiator

that way when you blow the KA and change the engine you still have the turbo and can throw away the pos radiator

is so still a good idea, what crazy is that

nobody has the sense of humor anymore these days

\\\ words
It's not that they don't have a sense of humor. You're just not funny.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawLui View Post
/thread. we done here.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #13
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm14 View Post
Hey guys. I was just wondering if there is something on the market like an OEM looking turbo kit for the KA. If not, would that be something that people would be interested in buying if sold. I’m thinking
What comes in your KA24DET Oem Kit?
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:48 PM   #14
jdm14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
What comes in your KA24DET Oem Kit?

Well. I was just thinking it would’ve been nice if there was bolt on kit for something more oem looking when I built my set up. So a bottom mount with a heat shield and all the pipings for the smic all in 1 kit.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:51 PM   #15
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
It's not that they don't have a sense of humor. You're just not funny.
not sure if serious

there is no joke. It wasn't supposed to be funny in the other thread. Guy has a bay of 5 cars with lifts in the picture, seems like the type to keep a car in a bay with 5 other cars and lifts and stuff, so I suggested to invest in the car itself rather than the engine so he could change the engine without losing any money down the road and everything is already setup and there for the next engine without any struggle 550rwhp on anything you want.

It was a 'joke' in this thread because instead of 5 cars already with lifts we are talking a 1/2 of a car and no budget. So obviously I can't be seriously recommending to drop 10k instead I would be mailing him spare parts immediately free if I had any. Its a completely different situation, one hand money doesn't matter and on the other money is the essence of supporting a day to day healthy diet and good sleep. Except that he is contemplating putting a turbo on an engine so it thing are good enough for that, can't be that bad. Gota learn to laugh at yourself. Yesterday I dropped $22 on the ground and lost it somewhere. And that was all I had, every penny to my name at that moment.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #16
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm14 View Post
Well. I was just thinking it would’ve been nice if there was bolt on kit for something more oem looking when I built my set up. So a bottom mount with a heat shield and all the pipings for the smic all in 1 kit.

I post on every single car forum and almost everybody has a problem with what I say online but everything is correct so take that as you will (its the perceived "attitude" which is really just book speak the way the book writes factually because of all the books I've read. I think. and I dont lie purposefully) I don't want you to take this the wrong way , you can basically make a bottom mount kit exactly like the sr20det does, tucked down in the nook of the KA engine perfectly. This technology exists and you can actually make 300-500 horsepower pretty easily these day doing it as well.

But water cooled topmount wins performance and reliability wise and is better in every aspect except looks than bottom mount config.

I hope that didnt answer your question (so you can be more specific)
Old 08-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #17
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^What? Are you a robot or do you just take a bunch of adderall and type jibberish?
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:15 PM   #18
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Mmm858 is probably THE BEST stock KA-t out there:
Thank you for fixing this thread (not like it should be left open anyway), now that's an oem'ish kit.
Op, you could have at least chosen a picture of your engine after it was finished.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #19
jdm14
Zilvia Junkie

Ok. I'll take the blame for being lazy and not explaining myself more. I am simply wondering if there is an "oem" style turbo kit on the market and if not, would there be interest in one. My idea of was to keep as much as the stock KA components in place as much as possible. Some major points were to obviously hide the turbo, keep the stock battery location, keep the stock intake routing, and not make anything stick out. My current set up involves a hybrid KA/SR manifold, GT28, and same side FMIC. This is my second KA-T setup. I agree the above picture is a lot more oem looking and in fact I had the same exact setup previously (minus the hard to find sr air box). I replaced the SMIC withe the FMIC because I upgraded turbo and injectors for more power. So after dealing with all the headaches of making the manifold and adjusting everything to fit just right, I was thinking it would've been convenient if there was kit already out there like this. Something that was completely bolt on and if a cop were to look they wouldn't be able to tell that it's been modified.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:46 AM   #20
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Yeah its called a rear mount it completely hides everything related to the turbo and allows you to run all the OEM junk up front.

The OEM air path is weak though. plastic tubes that splatter apart under boost and so forth. You want to upgrade all of that anyways. Luckily a black round plastic tube looks alot like a black round aluminum tube.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #21
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I post on every single car forum and almost everybody has a problem with what I say online but everything is correct so take that as you will

I know how I take that, but maybe you should take it as, if everyone thinks you're the asshole, then maybe you're the asshole and not everyone else.

OP just buy all the stock SR stuff and substitute the stock exhaust manifold for the tomei one.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #22
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Does the Tomei exhaust manifold fit under the SR heat shield?

Hey OP, isn't this you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDpXp2zJZY
Old 08-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #23
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Tomei manifold will fit under the Heatshield, however there is no way to mount it. The Tomei manifold has one runner that sits higher so it wouldn't be flush.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #24
jdm14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Does the Tomei exhaust manifold fit under the SR heat shield?

Hey OP, isn't this you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDpXp2zJZY

I don’t think it does. And ya

Old 08-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #25
jdm14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpack_Chad View Post
Tomei manifold will fit under the Heatshield, however there is no way to mount it. The Tomei manifold has one runner that sits higher so it wouldn't be flush.

Thats what i thought too

Old 08-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #26
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

im sure someone could make an oem-looking heat shield one with a bead roller and enough patience.

although no mounting holes creates somewhat of a challenge.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #27
jdm14
Zilvia Junkie

Ya this is the type of replies I was hoping for. IF there were a kit available how many people would buy it? Or at least a manifold ready to bolt on instead of having to weld on a ka flange to the sr manifold.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #28
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
if you're doing it to help out the community or as a hobby go ahead. If you're looking to make a profit, forget about it. Im guessing you are talking about having a batch of cast iron manifolds based on the ka/sr manifold hybrid made, which even if you have the connections, I bet it wont be cheap, especially for a quality product. It would probably take you years to get rid of a big batch...
Old 08-16-2018, 06:26 PM   #29
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
What would be easier and make much more sense is just making an OEM-looking heat shield for the Tomei manifold..and uhh maybe something that hangs down further to cover the turbo lol Once you get the design you can stamp these out at your local machine shop and pump them out.

I don't think you will make a lot of money on this or you may loose money as people with the ka-t Tomei manifold that want that stock look are most likely a niche market. But it would save you from reinventing the wheel with a whole new cast iron bottom mount manifold. Just my .02.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote