Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-13-2014, 04:04 AM   #1
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OEM Preservers/ Collectors

After seeing so many 240's absolutely destroyed over the years, I thought I'd see how many unmolested ones are still floating about. I have a 91 LE hatch that I keep in as close to stock state as possible. Its funny to see peoples reactions when I say I don't want to 5 speed swap it, or to "slam it on coils".

I've had to reseal the tail lights and spoiler, but other than that the body/ interior is almost perfect.

Also just put a rebuilt KA into it. Not a leak nor speck of dirt to be found!

Heck, even look at the overflow (it's the original, not GKTech replacement!)

Like I said, I'd love to see how many stock ones are floating around, weather yours or ones spotted on the road.

Mods, if this is a stupid thread for Chat feel free to lock/ move. Thanks!
Nategreat923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #2
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
put it away ,for retirement !
seeing 64/66 mustangs go for 20k+ unmolested .
the 240 is kinda comparable in my eye . back in the day ,so many were cut up and thrashed ,just like 240s.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think a non-modified 240 is better than a poorly modified 240, but I still think the stock car has a lot of suckage.

Anyone who wants to keep the auto transmission, open-diff, suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, oem seats, steering wheel.... ugh, quite a miserable car to drive.

Its the choice of modifications that make these resto-mods worth-while. Thats just my opinion though...
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Moncef
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Moncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
I think a non-modified 240 is better than a poorly modified 240, but I still think the stock car has a lot of suckage.

Anyone who wants to keep the auto transmission, open-diff, suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, oem seats, steering wheel.... ugh, quite a miserable car to drive.

Its the choice of modifications that make these resto-mods worth-while. Thats just my opinion though...
+1

I see more appeal to a stock S chassis because of the moment in time it captures, as opposed to a spray bombed gutted rattly tin can bouncing around a 'track' on K-sports.
Moncef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #5
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I try to make my car as OEM as possible, without compromising performance, hence the Z33 wheels and Z32 brakes. Some of the other things (for example suspension) I have changed from stock, but I definitely don't think it affects the stock look/feel that I strive to achieve. I feel like the cars body style is really nice from the get go, so I would never want to put shitty aero, huge heavy wheels, etc etc..

lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
Munki
Zilvia Member

Munki is an unknown quantity at this point
That hatch is so clean. I'd keep it in the garage and not ever drive it...

Fiber Concepts
Carbon Fiber and Plastic Fabrication.
(657)-204-6237
Munki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
I do secretly enjoy watching when 240's "wall tap" or get smashed in some way. It just means the value of mine goes up. I'm not saying it'll be worth $20,000 someday, but every little bit helps haha.

Spotted this gem at the Zoo the other day:

Old 06-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
I would've sharted a little, and left them about 3 hand-written notes on the car to call me if they were considering selling it...shame I'm only a muggle.

That kouki is gorg, too.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #9
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nategreat923 View Post
I do secretly enjoy watching when 240's "wall tap" or get smashed in some way. It just means the value of mine goes up.

think the same way !! lol
Old 06-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #10
appmatteach

appmatteach is an unknown quantity at this point
agree,I feel like the cars body style is really nice from the get go, so I would never want to put shitty aero, huge heavy wheels,thanks
appmatteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #11
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
holy shit. in 25 years, I would pay more than retail for your car OP. holy tits that's clean. but for reals man, put that in a garage or cover it or something.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #12
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a good thread. Bravo.
om3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #13
Kingcof22
Zilvia Member

Kingcof22 is an unknown quantity at this point
subscribed
Kingcof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #14
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
I can appreciate how clean that is, but there are things that can be legitimately improved, without detracting from the original feel of the car, I think.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #15
victme
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
victme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Here's mine <3
bone stock 1997 base model

Last edited by victme; 07-01-2014 at 10:47 AM..
victme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #16
Gio RMS13

Trader Rating: (4)
Gio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This thread restores some of my faith in 240's. I have a pearl white '93 hatchback myself, and I get the reactions you'd expect when people ask me if I drift or whatever, and I always say no. I'm more on the resto-mod side of things though; where improvements can be made, I'll make them (S14 seats and the like).
That mentality makes me feel like the odd one out around these forums, so this gave me a reason to post again lol.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #17
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Those are gorgeous! I actually live near a guy who restores S13s. I'll see if I can't go to one of his 3 warehouses to snap some pictures!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:36 AM   #18
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I don't own a stock clean 240 and I have yet to see a very clean stock one in person. Hopefully I'm not breaking this thread's rules, but I keep seeing this one online:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-240SX...-/191195451444

Has been on eBay for quite some time now. Don't think it's worth $9k+, but if I win the lottery I'm buying it. The cleanest I've ever seen in my life (besides the engine bay). And for whenever the link expires, here are some pics:

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #19
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Wow! That's so clean! Reminds me of the 240 I got for free a few years back:

Here's after I got her home

Old 06-14-2014, 02:43 AM   #20
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Sick thread idea
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:39 AM   #21
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap

I just picked this bad boy up.
I still need to get oem side skirts, ks wing, oem lip, replace the headlights with oem ones, and maybe oem rear valences (I'm digging the mudflaps)
Old 06-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #22
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Kinda with Mike on this one. While I do enjoy seeing a well kept unmodified 240 from time to time, I definitely can't say I would keep one in stock form.

My second favorite S13 I ever owned.

When I first brought her home:

Broken hood hinges, rusted hatch, clear coat issues on the hood, roof, and trunk, peeled paint on the bumpers, ugly pea shooter exhaust, etc. Found a parts car in the exact same color (base model) and swapped hoods/trunks with it. Hence the wingless in the first pics.

I have a large appreciation for these cars, but it's more the cleanliness behind them. This applies to just about every single car out there.

Show that you care about what you're driving. We're car enthusiasts after all.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #23
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
I wish I could go back to how my car was when I first got it.

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #24
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Kinda with Mike on this one. While I do enjoy seeing a well kept unmodified 240 from time to time, I definitely can't say I would keep one in stock form.

Broken hood hinges, rusted hatch, clear coat issues on the hood, roof, and trunk, peeled paint on the bumpers, ugly pea shooter exhaust, etc. Found a parts car in the exact same color (base model) and swapped hoods/trunks with it. Hence the wingless in the first pics.

I have a large appreciation for these cars, but it's more the cleanliness behind them. This applies to just about every single car out there.

Show that you care about what you're driving. We're car enthusiasts after all.
EXACTLY. It doesnt take much to have pride in what you own. Simply take care of it, thats all.

A 240SX is nothing special, its just your basic RWD that is light-weight and fun to modify. If you choose quality parts, then you have a quality car. If you buy shitty parts then you have a shitty car. And if you choose stock parts, then you have a stock car.

No way in hell I would ever want to drive a 240SX with stock suspension, brakes, interior... not saying you cant do it, but whats good about it? There is a reason why the car was inexpensive to begin with.

When I see that champagne gold car above with the poo brown interior, it makes me cringe. My car started out like that, 1990 SOHC auto... fucking disgusting brown interior. I didnt mind it back then, it was my first car and was fun to dive in and modify. But nowadays, I would never want to go back. Theres not ONE thing that says awesome about that heap...
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #25
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Here's my 89. Garage kept for over 20 years.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #26
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
what my car looked like when i brought her home...

what she looks like now...

I know my car isnt 100% stock but ive been working on her as much as possible to get her back to "close to stock". the interior was one of the biggest projects. took me 2 1/2 years to hunt down someone who had door panels and a glove box cover that matched my rear seat. the cloth used on the door panels and rear seat is the weird maroon color that was installed in the 89-90 coupe with technology package (which are super rare). took me 3 years to find a complete hatch area liner that was in workable shape! took me an entire evening of repairs to clean up the back side of the liner. now the hatch area looks 100% oem again... outside of the 2 strut topper panels that i removed and enlarged the holes for my strut bar (it looks factory though, both holes are cut perfectly). the only mods to my interior are my momo steering wheel, D2 detachable hub and S14 SE seats. no gauages, no gutted interior, no racing seats... just 100% oem! even the exterior outside of my SSR meshies and wangan wing... all of my aero pieces are my dorkidori parts that are molded from the OEM aero bits. ive replaced the rubber trim around the doors so the rubber is fresh and nice over the mirror bit. when the car gets painted, all of the rubber window trims are being replaced. i plan on installing a brand new rubber weather stripping piece around the hatch opening soon. hell, ive even installed new hatch struts just recently so now my hatch stays open again (you can order these from Z1 Motorsports, the ones i have are meant for heavy OEM wings so my hatch opens with my wangan wing like a boss) i have an OEM SR air intake pipe and OEM SR air box out in my garage that are going to get reinstalled soon to clean up the engine bay and get rid of the open element filter! all of my intercooler couplers have been replaced with black ones, all of the tbolt clamps were replaced with brand new ones (i wouldve used black tbolt clamps, but no one makes them anymore). I plan on replacing the blue SAMCO hoses with black ones for a more OEM look. when i get my new Aeromotive FPR, its going to be in black and all of the lines will be black braided hose instead of steel braided... again, going for the lowkey OEM look! ive even got a brand new coilpack cover for the middle of my valve cover sitting in my garage fresh from nissan. i plan on installing that after the valve cover is given a fresh powder coat of matte black!

ive been working to restore this car back to OEM as possible. im so tired of seeing beat 240s out there all over the place, i miss the days when these cars unmolested and all looked as good as everything being posted in this thread! unfortunately drifting and hellaflush have really ruined what it means to own a clean 240. ok, theyre affordable RWD japanese cars... but to some of us theyre more than that. i guess we older guys just grew up in a totally different scene where owning at clean car and keeping it nice was the "in" thing! not go out to the track, hit a few walls and turn your car into garbage being the "in" thing like it is now

im so happy to see so many OEM/near OEM 240s in this thread, makes me remember the days when they were all like this!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 06-15-2014 at 01:12 PM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:12 AM   #27
TwelveAM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
TwelveAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
This really makes me regret getting rid of my sleeper

TwelveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:23 AM   #28
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
It is literally like stepping into a time capsule when you find a 100% unmolested stock car. After I bought my two-tone I spent many hours inside and out just admiring all the factory tid-bits I never knew existed...

Every time I see a bone stock 240sx driving down the road I want to buy it on the spot, only if I had enough cash.... One day... one day.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #29
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
cool thread idea
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #30
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This thread is great. I will post pics once I pick mine up tomorrow.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote