Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
95s14sr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
95s14sr is making a name for him/her self95s14sr is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
changing s14 sr injectors

I have search couldn't find anything that would help. Im changing the s14 sr injectors and was wondering what the best way to do so. Does the intake need to come off? And does anyone have a write up or pics to help? Thank You.
95s14sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
sbanzer123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
sbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
just take the plenum off. its 2 nuts and 3 bolts. you could probably get away with leaving alot of the stuff hooked up and just pulling the mani off far enough to get the fuel rail off. its pretty much impossible to get the rail out without taking the plenum off, or atleast i havent found an easier way yet.
sbanzer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
95s14sr
Zilvia Member

95s14sr is making a name for him/her self95s14sr is making a name for him/her self
ok, thanks man. anyone else got ne tips?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
HOW TO REMOVE INJECTORS WITHOUT DAMAGING THEM

yes it can be a pain when they've been sitting in there for awhile.

The steps for removing one injector from the rail
•1 - break loose the two screws holding the injector cap on
•2- remove both screws
•3- remove cap
•4- put screws back down into the threaded holes, about halfway down
•5- with two small flat head screwdrivers, put them in the small slots on each side of the injector
•6- using the screws you put back in as leverage, push down on the screwdriver handles, this should force the injector up out of its place.

Be patient with it, if you're not getting enough leverage, bring the screws out a little more, giving you more leverage.

Hope this helps some of you guys out

Last edited by burnsauto; 05-09-2008 at 08:40 PM..
burnsauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
95s14sr
Zilvia Member

thanks alot.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Either I am missing something, or you are all making this way too complicated....

Can't you just take off the "caps" that screw down on top of the injectors?

I just swapped mine out a few months ago and that's how we did it.

Why would you need to take off the fuel rail or intake mani????

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
In the S14 Sr the manifold manages to get in the way. While it is possible to reach the screws for the injector caps with a small bit, there is no leverage to remove the screws safely without stripping, hence the upper intake has to, or should, come off. I managed to get most of mine at least loose, but its faster to just take off the intake chamber. Atleast for a DD like my car I was not going to take the risk hahaha.

I followed the above posts like others have outlined. It really wasn't too difficult. A bit time consuming, because great care should be taken. Like mentioned before there isn't much holding the chamber and runners together...and you can push the topchamber out of the way, or mostly out of the way.

Additional things you can/should do while replacing the injectors..
I took off my throttle body and IACV to replace the gaskets. Realistically, they are cheap as shit from thenismoshop.com . Since the intake chamber separates from the runners, I replaced the inexpensive "collector" gasket as well. Underneath the air chamberitself are vacuum lines. Do yourself a favor, and replace them. If at all possible, have a ride available to a local hardware/auto store in case you loose/strip any nuts or bolts, or need vacuum line. All but several of the screws holding the caps on the injectors came off for me. Spray them lightly with PB blaster, and use the proper bit to remove the screws. Some started to strip, so I replaced them all anyway. Make sure to replace ALL OF THE INJECTOR SEALS, ORINGS, AND INSULATORS!!! If you do not, the o-rings and insulators may break apart during installation.

Take care when removing the injectors. Turn and wiggle them as much as possible to create some play before forcing their removal. It will be tough, and it will be a bitch. Sr injectors can fetch around $100, so it is worth it to be caring.

Seals, o-rings, insulators can be found out..
http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.ph...oduct_id=11860

there is a small vibration insulator that sits between the injector and cap. Make sure you buy those too. Cheap insurance<- KA/SR ones are identical.

Intake/Collector gaskets
http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.ph...oduct_id=11801

On that page S13 Sr20det collector gasket should read S14 sr20det collector gasket, its like $5.

Lube the o-rings/seals/insulators before assembly with gasoline, or better yet a light film of silicone spray. Check for leaks and normal operation after everything is back together. Also, pressure test the boost system for air leaks. You can reach me at [email protected] if you need more help.

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #8
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
just a little fyi when i took my injectors out i used a screw driver and when i popped the injector out fucking gas flew into my eyes and that hurt like a fucking bitch. just a warning
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:57 AM   #9
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Ehh.

Use hose pliers.

Makes the shit HELLA easy.

Fuck all that leverage BS. Increases the chances of shit breaking.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 AM   #10
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Lmao. Yea, relieve fuel pressure first lol. Sorry to hear about your eyes!

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #11
coolcatracing
Zilvia Member

coolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to all
Any time you mess with fuel you need to relieve the fuel pressure. Just pull the fuel pump fuse and start the car. When it dies the pressure is pretty much gone.
coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #12
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
follow the fsm instruction
open the gas tank
crank engine and pull the fuse in the kick panel. its a 15 amp. let the motor die then try to crank it once or twice
remove the supports, vaccum lines and fuel lines from front and rear of manifold
remove the three ground wires two on top on on the side.
remove two nut on sides of top half remove three bolts in the middle.
remove two screws on each injector, remove injector and repeat in reverse order
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #13
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I figured I'd throw this question in here as well since this thread was active and somewhat related. I can't find any concrete answer...S14 SR injectors are the same as S15 injectors right? I imagine they have to be to support the larger turbo, and since the motors are nearly identical.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #14
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Hmmmmm

Odd, I just took my car to get tuned 2 months ago, like I said, and we put in new injectors without doing anything other than taking the caps off.

Sucks to be anyone else!

Daily driven
Old 05-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
S13sr and s14sr intake plenums are different.

That's why it was easier for you.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #16
95s14sr
Zilvia Member

Thanks again 4 all the help. zilvia rocks......
Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #17
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Ehh.

Use hose pliers.

Makes the shit HELLA easy.

Fuck all that leverage BS. Increases the chances of shit breaking.
if somethings breaking....you're (not you in particular) being too forceful.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
if somethings breaking....you're (not you in particular) being too forceful.
I said, it increases the chances. Why not use a tool that will decrease those chances, eh? Not to mention, using screw heads for leverage and all that shit is hella ghetto.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #19
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
s14 sr and s15 sr injector size are not the same.

s14 sr are 370cc
I had to do this today
wasn't that bad
used a screwdriver to remove the injectors
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:50 AM   #20
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
S13sr and s14sr intake plenums are different.

That's why it was easier for you.
Fuck I didn't even see that he wrote S14 Sr

Daily driven
Old 06-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #21
golfer17
Zilvia Member

golfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to golfer17
great posts by burnsauto and dj sunrise (+1 rep), that pretty much covers it I think (along with the rest of the great posts in this thread).

The only thing I have to add is to consider replacing the panhead screws that hold the injector caps in place with some socketheads to make it easier for the next time you swap them out (plus some stainless steel or chrome socketheads look badass). I don't know about everyone else, but I couldnt believe how tight those panheads were, I stripped half of them taking them out, and I'm pretty certain it was unavoidable.

edit: here is a short write-up I did about this sometime last year, but I don't know if I ever posted it here or not.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2050793/9