Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #31
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I love the non-b pillar chassis. That C35 looks so great, they are terribly underrated.

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #32
10psitx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a few JDM sedans....not really into drifting though...

R32 GTS-T auto

1985 Toyota Mark 2 TwinTurbo auto.Hard top

BlueBird SSS-R , 1 of 500 produced chocked full of Nismo parts.

10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #33
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post

Ugh... I want.. No... I NEED this in my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Here's my oddball chassis, should be here in a few days.
I can't wait to see what you do with it my man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
I love the non-b pillar chassis. That C35 looks so great, they are terribly underrated.
C35's are dope as hell! It's a shame that you can't really find many owners outside of Japan. I'd love to pick the brains of a few owners.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #34
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Love it, I always liked the Chaser back in the day on Gran Turismo.
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #35
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
I always preferred JZX and Toyota platforms for sedans, but after recently picking up a C33 Laurel I'm tempted to look into getting a C35 once they're legal in the states. Such a neat car.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #36
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Working on a bunch of Cefiro stuff lately, makes me wish I got one of those.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #37
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of

Quote:
I always preferred JZX and Toyota platforms for sedans, but after recently picking up a C33 Laurel I'm tempted to look into getting a C35 once they're legal in the states. Such a neat car.
Just took a look at the Japanese car auctions, and a few grade 3.5 C35 Club S cars sold for around $5-8K there.

I wish there was more information I could read up on them. It would be a fun car for sure. It's also nice being able to fab parts as needed

Old 09-16-2015, 09:48 AM   #38
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

C33/C35 have a decent enough amount of support as far as suspension and engine go(we are starting to carry), but aero and interior are more difficult to source state side. What kind of info are you looking for?

And being able to fab parts as needed is a life saver for sure!

Old 09-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #39
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Finding a decent one currently on the Japanese auctions seems to be quite the chore for me.

Quote:
C33/C35 have a decent enough amount of support as far as suspension and engine go(we are starting to carry), but aero and interior are more difficult to source state side. What kind of info are you looking for?

And being able to fab parts as needed is a life saver for sure!
I wanted to talk to current owners, and see what they like and dislike with the chassis. Threads I've found are super old, or in Japanese. And my Japanese is TERRIBLE so I won't even go there.

And you're correct. From what I've seen in various Mooks and Drift Heaven magazines, suspension and engine parts are plentiful.

There's a few smaller shops that you can hit up for replacement interior parts (unless you love that wood grain). Body kits are hit and miss but there's still a few good options (DMAX, Final Konnexion, Shadow, BSK, Etc).

Old 09-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #40
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I would very much like a Stagea 260RS.....

So the wait continues (sigh)

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #41
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
I got an HNR32. Wont be drifting it since its AWD, but at least it's a factory 5 speed. But is getting an RB26 swap, BN Sport Kit and Paint and a bit of other mods.

I think you live right next to where my homie used to live. So jelly, i miss japan.

On topic though, the day i can get a JZX100 or JZX110 i'll hit you up.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:19 PM   #42
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
I'd certainly fuck with this as well when the time is right.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #43
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Doesn't get more oddball than this:

Mazda Cosmo (20B from the factory)

Old 09-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #44
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Old 09-17-2015, 06:34 PM   #45
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Picked up this last year

Just realized I don't have any updated pictures....
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:22 PM   #46
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx View Post

BlueBird SSS-R , 1 of 500 produced chocked full of Nismo parts.

That car is so badass! I had no idea those existed,
I guess the window got busted in a rally or something huh?
Lately I've been digging pulser VZR's, history behind them trying to beat Honda is pretty freakin sweat( they have double injectors and stuff)
, also saw one for sale for race only on ebay a while back

JZX's are so street gangster
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #47
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
man that's a clean cressida up there.
i miss mine. it didn't make it very far but looking back on it, i really liked that car.

Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:58 PM   #48
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
and this

...and this too

Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #49
rJZx

Trader Rating: (0)
rJZx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm waiting for my JZX110 Mark II to come here in Canada, it should be under 6 weeks....
In the mean time I've been enjoying my JZS171 Crown Athlete V

I <3 Canada

EDIT: C35 Laurels has to be my favorite non-toyota 4 door, surprised no one is really bringing them over....
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:14 AM   #50
stk910

stk910 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want an "oddball" car, you should consider the Mitsuoka Le-Seyde.

Two S-chassis based versions were made. The first one was based on the S13 Silvia, and the second was on the S15:

The S13-based version started production in 1990, so you can import it to the USA now.
They sell for not that much money as well. Here is a 1991 model on sale now for ~$11700 USD.

They can drift as well. I've seen the S15 version of a Le Seyde at a few drift meets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHLtT4ApLM&t=1m43s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiLO1u0BFAI
They all came stock with a slushbox and no turbo though...

I wouldn't get one myself... but if you want to be "unique"
stk910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #51
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I don't know if I'd want one of those, but I have always wanted one of these.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #52
AMD 240
Leaky Injector

AMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AMD 240
Old soarers are so cool. If I was in the market for another car I'd get a z10 and do something like this..

Old 09-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #53
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd 240 View Post
old soarers are so cool. If i was in the market for another car i'd get a z10 and do something like this..

fuck-ing hard
Old 09-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #54
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #55
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

I totally forgot how crummy the auction process is, while purchasing a car in Japan...

Oh and here's a Cresta... They are growing on me, but I'm still not sold on that rear end...

Old 09-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #56
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
JZX100 is the ultimate. They've aged so so well, and I'd definitely like to build one.

I actually tried to buy a rare JDM import before getting the S14. 9 years ago I went through all the steps of buying a Legnum VR4, but being 19 no-one would insure me, so I had to "settle" for an S14.

I think most of the insurance issues arose because the majority of insurance companies didn't have Legnum VR4 in their systems, and they didn't want to take the chance on insuring a teenager on a mystery high-power import.

*random Google images photo
Nice! I love some VR4! I want something like that or a Chaser for a daily in a few years. Hopefully R33/R34 keep prices down as there's going to be a lot to choose from.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #57
10psitx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
That car is so badass! I had no idea those existed,
I guess the window got busted in a rally or something huh?
It got damaged in shipping...there was a r32 above it in the container...it broke the chain holding it up and caused some damage to the roof and broke the windsheild....
Old 09-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #58
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

^^That's terrible luck, I hope it all gets figured out!

Old 09-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #59
10psitx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
^^That's terrible luck, I hope it all gets figured out!
Yea..... i have one on the way and i am 90% sure the USDM nissan stanza is the same car so i can source parts from that in a pinch...
Old 09-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #60
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
TOUGE FACTORY has helped me to keep my sedan going, for three years. They are the best dudes.