Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:26 PM   #151
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Yes Sony are great but I think they might be a bit too expensive for my current situation
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #152
Davizz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Davizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Yes Sony are great but I think they might be a bit too expensive for my current situation

I live in Europe bro, i've paid $2650 for it.
Seems that prices are much of a difference depending where you live.
Davizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:20 PM   #153
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Your money is different then ours also
Old 01-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #154
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
From what I've been reading, the new Samsung QLED sets are something to really get excited about. I need to see one in person, but it might be a nice stop gap for future OLED purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
ill send you one from TX... tax free
Thanks for looking out homie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
5k fakkk....

Shipping must kill you also, Its ok you can afford it lol
HAHAHA pfft... It's free shipping/delivery if I'm dropping that type of cash, believe me!

Fun numbers for people here... My installer hit me up with numbers for one of the OLED LG sets I've had my eyes on. The OLED65E6P is currently $6500 CND plus taxes (13%)... Good times

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #155
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
6500 over here can set you up with a 85" samsung/sony 4k and still have left over for home theater!
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #156
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Yikes. I would wait. The 65" OLED are going to drop in price significantly by fall.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:58 PM   #157
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yikes. I would wait. The 65" OLED are going to drop in price significantly by fall.
Significantly... No. price drop... yes.

Companies are going to milk the shit out the 4k bandwagon till the wheels fall off. Then they will drop significantly. I dont see that anytime soon, i say fall 2018. Just this fall 4k tvs became affordable and that shit years!
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-11-2017, 05:08 AM   #158
Felipe
Post Whore!

LG's 4k oled wallpaper tv at CES

Sweet baby Jesus!
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #159
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
6500 over here can set you up with a 85" samsung/sony 4k and still have left over for home theater!
Don't remind me... You guys have it REAL good when it comes to pricing. Honestly I'm just working on completing the HT room and purchasing a 4K projector from Sony. If I'm going to drop that type of cash, I'd rather it be for 120-130".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm not in a rush... I'd like to purchase one, but I'm not about throwing money away.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:12 AM   #160
Felipe
Post Whore!

I have to agree with that
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #161
Hollywood_145

Trader Rating: (0)
Hollywood_145 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
man tough call with so many opinions on this haha
Hollywood_145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:17 PM   #162
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_145 View Post
man tough call with so many opinions on this haha
Top 3 things to consider if going to buy:

1) price range. That will narrow it down to like 3/4 brands.

2) quality/details. This will bring to about 2/3 brands and also narrow on $$$ from entry level to flag ship models.

3) size/use. From it being the center point of house living or just personal use.

Those are my 3 major things to think about when looking for a new tv. Im other have more ideas and helpful info on buying them, if you do please feel free to post your guide lines.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #163
future
Post Whore!

I want a Flagship model this time. In 65 or bigger

I'm a fan of Samsung and Sony but if another brand gives better picture and quality I'm there

What does a flagship go for? I know my last TV was their entry 4k a couple years back and I paid $1,200
Old 01-15-2017, 10:46 AM   #164
Felipe
Post Whore!

One of the best deals that i seen is the "Best Buy open box item" . Same as new and best buy sells/guarantee like new with warranty and full refund if not satisfied. That right there slashes hundreds of dollars. My brother in law just did that. I was surprised he did that since hes anal with shit like that lol but i guess he got a good price on a 8 series Samsung. He could not afford the 9 series, samsungs top of the line.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #165
future
Post Whore!

Google tells me this is the 8 Series?

Google also tells me the 9 series is curved? And only goes to 65?

I like this one for the size, brand and price. Any ideas on this? 70 inch 4k and almost their flagship model seems like a good deal

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...kA3xoCAD_w_wcB

What does Sony have to compare?
Old 01-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #166
Felipe
Post Whore!

Thats the 6 series. The higher series you start to notice better quality in design and specs. For example the trim gets thinner and the stand also is changed. Along with the price lol

8 series
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #167
future
Post Whore!

So I'm balling on a budget then is what your saying lol

I want 70 inches but I guess my price range only gets me entry level?
Old 01-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #168
Felipe
Post Whore!

At 70.... Yes

I suggest you look around. I think sony is better in value for what you want.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-15-2017, 01:52 PM   #169
future
Post Whore!

I don't plan on buying anytime soon so I have time. I think fall is a decent time to buy electronics
Old 01-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #170
Felipe
Post Whore!

By then the market should relax on the 4k hype and bust out sales from being over stocked.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #171
future
Post Whore!

Good. I wanted to get a sleeve done anyway lol
Old 01-15-2017, 10:13 PM   #172
Felipe
Post Whore!

The tattoo thread is that way ==========> lol

Hopefully ill have some cash left over to finish mine on my chest
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #173
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
LMAO, I was just looking through posts and thought I'd see what's in Off-Topic. This thread hits home. I have a LG 50PK750 plasma panel that I have had for almost 7 years. I've been putting off replacing it because I hate LCD panels. They handle motion terribly, and I am extremely sensitive to the break up and pixelation issues with even the high end LCDs.

The problem is with the sample and hold motion interpolation used in LCDs. I can see it happening and it drives me crazy. A buddy of mine has a very high end 75 inch 4K LCD, and even though the colors are nice with good to excellent black levels the motion interpolation is a deal breaker.

My plasma has developed a vertical line issue just to the right of center screen. If the lines were horizontal I could buy a replacement board for it and fix it, but vertical lines means one of the components embedded in the panel ribbon cables is bad, and the only fix is to replace the entire Plasma Display Panel (PDP). Unfortunately, you cannot purchase the PDPs anymore since plasma panels have not been produced for a couple years now, so I am going to have to replace the entire set.

The only worthy replacement for the plasma is OLED. OLED still uses a sample and hold motion interpolation, however, since the light generation is actually from each individual pixel instead of a backlight the results are much better than LCDs. Still not as good as plasma, but close. The 2016 LG sets are much better TVs compared to the 2015 models. They made a lot of improvements in 2016. The 2017 sets are likely to be even better, but I do not know if I can wait long enough for the prices to come down to my self imposed range. The vertical lines are driving me batty. They are doing away with 3D in the 2017 models, but I don't really care about 3D as I would likely never use it.

The good thing is Sony is buying OLED panels from LG and putting out at least a 55" and 65" OLED this year, which ought to drive prices down with the added competition. Panasonic also announced another OLED set, but historically their prices won't garner competition as they will be astronomical compared to the Sony and LG sets.

Hopefully in the next two weeks before the Super Bowl the sales will draw me into purchasing a 65" OLED. If they do not I will probably have to deal with these damn vertical lines until the Fall when the 2017 sales start happening.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #174
Felipe
Post Whore!

Sorry to hear about the plasma... 7yrs it had a good run.

As far as Superbowl sales on the OLED, well not much of a "good deal" will be around anytime soon. Maybe a couple of hundreds if that! 10-20% off?

Hopefully once other major companies start jumping in the water LG will have the advantage on the tech and at the same time will be cheaper. Fall pricing wont be a lot either since 4k it self just became affordable. I want to say 2018 i know its a little faraway, but its still new tech and manufacturers still messing with it.

Not sure why Samsung is running QLED, i mean i get it that they want max color range, but still is back lit and has draw backs on viewing. Don't get me wrong its nice, but maybe for a room with lots a lighting and poor darkness.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #175
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, and if I could get it into the Service Menu I think I would be blown away by the amount of hours on the plasma. We definitely put it through a lot over the 7 years, so I can't fault it for finally having issues.

I was hoping to get the B6 65 inch OLED down into the sub $2k area, but it is looking like the price point from reputable dealers is going to be minimum $2400 at this point. I can snag the 55 inch for around $1500, but I was really wanting to move up in size a bit from the current 50 inch. 65 inches would be a big step up and would make rewatching movies like Transformers & Dark Knight a whole new experience.

I have plans for an eventual triple projector setup in the basement, but I'm trying to take projects one at a time so I can actually finish them. The RB25 Neo Zenki is currently the main project right now.

Quantum Dot is interesting anyway, just still has the drawbacks of LCDs. I really think OLED is the future of panel televisions, and I think Sony and Panasonic are starting to agree.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #176
Felipe
Post Whore!

Go for the 65 or else you will always have that Feeling if you should have gotten the 65. If you drop some serious cash its "go big or go home " mindset. Even you plan to go even bigger like a projector 65 is even better when displayed in the bedroom lol at the end of the day its your money and preference.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #177
future
Post Whore!

70 inch or nothing!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #178
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Go for the 65 or else you will always have that Feeling if you should have gotten the 65. If you drop some serious cash its "go big or go home " mindset. Even you plan to go even bigger like a projector 65 is even better when displayed in the bedroom lol at the end of the day its your money and preference.
I'm leaning hard towards the 65. In the whole grand scheme of things the $2400 really isn't a horrible price. Hell, the Pioneer Kuro sold for $5k in it's day and never really came down in price, so it could be worse.

You were discussing surround sound systems earlier. I am looking at building the entire system for the basement. The low frequencies will most likely be handled by a 'tapped horn' subwoofer tuned to around 10Hz. Tapped horns are interesting in that you can produce insane SPL levels out of a single driver, and they can play stupid low. No need for bass shakers when your neighbors can feel the rumble from the subwoofer!

Quote:
70 inch or nothing!
I wish I could snag a 77" OLED. That would be amazing! However, the price is crazy on those. I'd end up spending the amount I have in the car at this point on a 77", lol, priorities I guess...
Old 01-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #179
future
Post Whore!

The TV the ex kept is my 70 inch LED. Idk if I can go down to 65. I might just have to get another one of the entry level tvs to stay 70 inches
Old 01-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #180
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Quote:
The TV the ex kept is my 70 inch LED. Idk if I can go down to 65. I might just have to get another one of the entry level tvs to stay 70 inches
First world problems, right? My parent's just turned their garage into a living room and bathroom, and are planning on upgrading the size of the television they have upstairs, a 42 inch Sammy plasma. It is a nice set, and looks great. They offered to give it to me since my plasma is having issues, and I seriously considered it, but was unsure whether I could go down from the 50 inch to a 42 inch and not be severely disappointed.

I did pull the trigger on the 65 inch OLED65B6P, so I guess I could not deal with a smaller size, lol. I bought it yesterday, so it should arrive sometime next week!

Now I need to upgrade the surround sound receiver to handle the 4K@60Hz HDMI bandwidth. I can run with it the way it is for awhile by running optical from the HTPC/Gaming Rig and using the Optical Out on the TV to get sound from the PS4 Pro, but neither is true 7.1 channel sound so that will need to change soon. Besides, at some point I will set things up for DTS X and ATMOS so I'll need a receiver that handles both of those as well.