Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #31
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
so I decided to set aside this beautiful monster of definition and just focus on whats in now. Even tho I will end up buying this sht few years down the road and replacing all of blueray crap lol but for now...

so far im liking.. 240hz and up, Samsung, 3d, 55 - 60... stick to plasma or go led?
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #32
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
so I decided to set aside this beautiful monster of definition and just focus on whats in now. Even tho I will end up buying this sht few years down the road and replacing all of blueray crap lol but for now...

so far im liking.. 240hz and up, Samsung, 3d, 55 - 60... stick to plasma or go led?
If you have a more lighted controlled room, I'd go with plasma. Better motion, and colour accuracy. And this is coming from a guy who owns both a high end plasma and LED set.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #33
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
1+ for plasma...

plasma= non or I should say less realism with in the picture.
led= more realism aka fake looking with in the picture.

coming from just plasma world, led picture is really getting my attention, picture change I guess. but with the plasma you don't have to deal with all that blurr motion.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #34
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
This video has some really good info.

4K Video: Explained! - YouTube

I'm very interested in buying a 4K TV too. I'm just waiting for my 32'' TV to die out.

Here's some video shot in 4K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-GYr...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by blasting_speed; 02-12-2014 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: Added link
blasting_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #35
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasting_speed View Post
This video has some really good info.

4K Video: Explained! - YouTube

I'm very interested in buying a 4K TV too. I'm just waiting for my 32'' TV to die out.

Here's some video shot in 4K.

TimeScapes 4K - YouTube
I could only get youtube to open in 4k on a small window

must resist "open box floor model" 55" 4k for $2k
Late Night Crew #1
Old 02-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #36
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Damn, that's cheap! If something like that was local to me, I'd scoop it up.

I'm still playing with the idea of buying a 4K set (65"-75") while my basement project is underway. It will be a nice little stop gap till it's finished and I can get my front projector (4K if they ever dip below $10K in the next year or two). My last projector was 4K lite (or E-shift) from JVC. It was pretty much two 1080P panels that "talk" to each other to give added PQ and depth. To my eyes it was the best image in the $5-10K range.

After getting a few demos of the Sony VPL VW1000, I have to own one (Or any time of true 4K spec projector). I'm planning for the space to hold a 130" screen as well.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:41 AM   #37
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Quote:
I could only get youtube to open in 4k on a small window

must resist "open box floor model" 55" 4k for $2k

$2K is a lot of money for a tele' lol

Consider how much time you spend watching or using your set now before investing.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:43 AM   #38
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

I'm still playing with the idea of buying a 4K set (65"-75") while my basement project is underway. It will be a nice little stop gap till it's finished and I can get my front projector (4K if they ever dip below $10K in the next year or two). My last projector was 4K lite (or E-shift) from JVC. It was pretty much two 1080P panels that "talk" to each other to give added PQ and depth. To my eyes it was the best image in the $5-10K range.

After getting a few demos of the Sony VPL VW1000, I have to own one (Or any time of true 4K spec projector). I'm planning for the space to hold a 130" screen as well.

I really don't see the appeal of projectors.

Is it because of the mobility???
Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #39
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:

130" fuck the movies im coming over your house lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 02-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #40
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
$2K is a lot of money for a tele' lol

Consider how much time you spend watching or using your set now before investing.
I use it a lot. enough for me to give in, at the right price lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #41
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
I really don't see the appeal of projectors.

Is it because of the mobility???
What?

It's fixed... It's nothing like a business projector.

Here's a few pictures from my last setup...

That was on a 106" 16:9 screen.

It's more of a niche product since you have to have a light controlled space. That being said, I've had some sort of a projector setup over the last 8 years, and there's no going back for me.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #42
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
What?

It's fixed... It's nothing like a business projector.

Here's a few pictures from my last setup...

That was on a 106" 16:9 screen.

It's more of a niche product since you have to have a light controlled space. That being said, I've had some sort of a projector setup over the last 8 years, and there's no going back for me.
What? No 2.35:1?

http://www.artbeats.com/demo_reels/60
Old 02-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #43
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

I had just seen Sony's pricing for their 2014 4K models. I was hoping that they would be a little bit cheaper, since I plan to spend the big bucks on a projector.

Next up to bat is Samsung....

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
For my next setup, I'm playing with the idea of a 130" curved 2:35 screen with a scope lens.

My last 16:9 screen was large enough that the 2:35 content was still dramatic to the viewer. Since I will be using this as more of a "movie" setup, I can drive in and go kinda nuts.

Oh but it will still be large enough to give me a 106" 16:9 image when I want to watch sports or HDTV broadcasts.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #44
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
I had just seen Sony's pricing for their 2014 4K models. I was hoping that they would be a little bit cheaper, since I plan to spend the big bucks on a projector.

For my next setup, I'm playing with the idea of a 130" curved 2:35 screen with a scope lens.

My last 16:9 screen was large enough that the 2:35 content was still dramatic to the viewer. Since I will be using this as more of a "movie" setup, I can drive in and go kinda nuts.

Oh but it will still be large enough to give me a 106" 16:9 image when I want to watch sports or HDTV broadcasts.
After seeing a Runco CineWide with AutoScope. I am sold on a switching lens. To bad all their 4k stuff so far is TVs and not projectors.

I really like the Sony projectors too. But, OMG the prices on the 4k projectors.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #45
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:

yeah that's another reason im going have to wait a few years

oh man don't even get me started on them curved tvs
Late Night Crew #1
Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #46
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
After seeing a Runco CineWide with AutoScope. I am sold on a switching lens. To bad all their 4k stuff so far is TVs and not projectors.

I really like the Sony projectors too. But, OMG the prices on the 4k projectors.
Oh for sure... The cheapest I was priced the Sony VPL-VW1000 was $12K

And I see you've had the chance to view some higher end spec product. It's nice to hear that there's some HT guys on this forum.

I still have to do the math and finalize the position of the projector so that I can see what math/spacing is involved for using a lens/projector combo in my space.

My last projector was $6K, and I said that I'm willing to top out at $8K. I was hoping to see more true 4K spec projectors under $10K but that didn't happen this year.

Quote:
yeah that's another reason im going have to wait a few years

oh man don't even get me started on them curved tvs
Curved tv's won't ever happen for normal displays. The only time it would be practical would be a rather large screen (90"+) where the viewer would be sitting rather close. It would boost the immersion of the image with the viewer.

I'm planning a curved screen because of immersion and to help with the subtle pincushioned image that can be produced with a 2:35 image that large.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #47
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Oh for sure... The cheapest I was priced the Sony VPL-VW1000 was $12K

And I see you've had the chance to view some higher end spec product. It's nice to hear that there's some HT guys on this forum.

I still have to do the math and finalize the position of the projector so that I can see what math/spacing is involved for using a lens/projector combo in my space.

My last projector was $6K, and I said that I'm willing to top out at $8K. I was hoping to see more true 4K spec projectors under $10K but that didn't happen this year.
Wildest display I have seen was Sony's frosted glass screen. Piece of glass in the center of the room with a projector at one end. Don't notice the projector at first so it looks like The glass is some sort of monitor.

Most all CinemaScope screens are Horizontally curved. A lot of 16:9 aren't, but they are usually budget screens. http://stewartfilmscreen.com/ are my favorites.

Ghastly markup is just like the 4k TV prices vs the 1080p prices. Once the hype dies down, so will the prices.

Quote:
Curved tv's won't ever happen for normal displays. The only time it would be practical would be a rather large screen (90"+) where the viewer would be sitting rather close. It would boost the immersion of the image with the viewer.

I'm planning a curved screen because of immersion and to help with the subtle pincushioned image that can be produced with a 2:35 image that large.
Curved screen is to compensate for the light throw angle of the projector. The closer you are to the projector the more noticeable it is.
With the new energy conserving projectors and the dimensions of most HT and homes a long throw distance is not usually possible. Makes a curved projection screen even more necessary.

A curved flat screen TV is pointless. The projection is in the screen, no angles to distort. Especially with the current generation of screens with wide viewing angles. It's all hype, "Movie screens are curved. So, curving your TV must be good too!"
Old 02-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #48
Felipe
Post Whore!

no one sits wide enough at home to need there tv cured. (unless your Tricky_ab) lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 02-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #49
Felipe
Post Whore!

So it all came down to this.

New tv (apperantly) = new couches (makes the rest of the living room look like shit)

New couches = new living room set up

New living room set up = limited distance

Limited distance = Limited screen size

So it all came down to this....

UN55F6400

Not baller enough for the 7100 :0 (
Late Night Crew #1
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #50
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4k tvs arent worth it yet. gotta wait for the new hdmi and displayport standards to come out.

I believe the 50" seiki only does 4k @ 30hz. (aka 30 fps)

a few 4k monitors can do 60 hz, theyre all around the 30-32" range.

240hz is just 120hz doubled through software. I dont think there is any tv or monitor that does hardware 240hz

right now I am interested in 1440p @ 120hz. The monitor I've been eyeing for awhile
http://overlordcomputer.com/collecti...pest-x270oc_ag
Old 02-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #51
Felipe
Post Whore!

yup.. I saw that "SEIKI" 4k at sears for 899 55" floor model for 599. That thing looks old like a 2009 model tv. Just seeing the name seiki is sketchy with in it self. lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 03-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #52
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Buying Seiki is damn risky.

An ex co-worker of mine had one and it blew up after 2 weeks exactly. Smoke and sparks.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #53
S14DB
AFC #1

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-35757100.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7...vs-4k-led-lcd/
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-35828367.html
Old 03-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #54
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Buying Seiki is damn risky.

An ex co-worker of mine had one and it blew up after 2 weeks exactly. Smoke and sparks.
Hope he had insurance
Late Night Crew #1
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #55
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Ugh, if the Sony 65" X900 4K set was $500 less, I would have replaced the 55" Samsung 7000 series LED I have in my loft space. I have a expected price list for the Samsung 4K sets and it's about the same as last years pricing. At this point, it looks like I'll be putting all my 4K eggs in my projector basket.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #56
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ugh, if the Sony 65" X900 4K set was $500 less, I would have replaced the 55" Samsung 7000 series LED I have in my loft space. I have a expected price list for the Samsung 4K sets and it's about the same as last years pricing. At this point, it looks like I'll be putting all my 4K eggs in my projector basket.
I would wait and go with projector 4k.

Even tho 75% of people tride talking me down at stores not to buy it.

Usual crap convo....

Me: shit is clean, if i had the money ill deff buy it.
Sales person: yeah but theres no 4k videos/movies for it. So ill be a like a regular tv.
Me: o.O
Me: you serio? I can tell you a few movies at 4k, yes just a few, but even so... The 4k player still converts bluray to like at 3k range. And as far as math goes 1k (1080p) < 3k
Sale person: but your not going to watching movies 24/7
Me: dude your killing me
Late Night Crew #1
Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #57
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
so... The 4k player still converts bluray to like at 3k range. And as far as math goes 1k (1080p) < 3k
upscaling a 1080p file is not the same as playing a native resolution 4k file
Old 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #58
S14DB
AFC #1

Decided to look at the specs of my BluRay player and Receiver last night for someone. Turns out they both do 4k hardware upscale. I just wanted 3D and 4k pass-through when the Onkyo went out. Didn't look at the Upscale features.

Going to have to look and see the quality of the upscale. Not going to get a 4k tv any time soon. But it's nice to have.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #59
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
upscaling a 1080p file is not the same as playing a native resolution 4k file
You sound like a sales person lol

Yes upscale is not true 4, but like I said... way better than just 1080... even if its at 2k thats twice the resolution.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #60
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Decided to look at the specs of my BluRay player and Receiver last night for someone. Turns out they both do 4k hardware upscale. I just wanted 3D and 4k pass-through when the Onkyo went out. Didn't look at the Upscale features.

Going to have to look and see the quality of the upscale. Not going to get a 4k tv any time soon. But it's nice to have.
Makes me wonder if I could that to mine
Late Night Crew #1