Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #61
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Here are a few pics from the action at Thunder On The Lot.

Next event, ALL STAR BASH!!!!!!!!!!1

Probably going to take some time to go over everything before ASB so I can get nasty for 2 days straight.

ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #62
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

And here's some multi-cam footage from Sunday at Thunder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIyY26EtGA

I had forgotten how important left foot braking was - I switched off my usual Federals for some Nankang's and I was just sailing on that first inside clipping point every run... left foot braking to the rescue.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #63
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Let's see.

ASB 13. Long time ago already.

First event of 2014 I blew a hole through the side of that motor.

Snagged a couple pics first. This is with Jason Kim / Rival Auto's knuckle / LCA kit (hence the no fenders).

Bought another motorset with a new JDM Sport turbo which lasted, oh about 2 miles before it started blowing smoke so me and Ruiner got to swap the turbo the night before an event.

It made it through 2014 OK, I did TopDrift Limited in 2015 and it never ran properly. Boost issues, blown turbine gaskets, all sorts of random failures meant I didn't qualify round 1, was down on power round 2 and couldn't even qualify for round 3. So a lost year aside from ASB.

After all that bullshit I bought Tomei 550's, a GT28RS, Enthalpy tune and Z32 MAF. That lasted about a day and a half.

Then I blew the motor at ASB.

Pretty sure this is why - no idea how it happened. I looked at all my footage and I didn't go off that hard anywhere.

I had hit one of my friends rolling backwards the previous year and it bent the downpipe a small bit but nowhere near that ^^^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKuCCc2iowM

The only thing even remotely close I think is at the 3:00 mark in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxoCkuHjt4o

Few random pics from the year:

Me and Aaron at the shittiest event of my life I hate drifting in the rain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oGfWar6p34

That brings me to 2016...
Old 04-22-2016, 09:03 AM   #64
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Yanked the motor out and took it to Andrew Molina and got everything rebuilt, the only thing salvageable was the block since it ran without oil.

Machined the block, new crank, rebuilt head, new s15 oil pump, CP 86.5 pistons, Eagle rods, Tomei MHG, ARP studs.

After Andrew yelled at me about my shit setup and cheap parts, I got a GReddy pan, another PBM Cobra, Walbro 450, OEM motor mounts, new steering rack, new tie rods, PBM rack bushings, 15mm bolt on spacers, new brake lines, yellowstuff pads and a set of Feal coilovers.

Then I bought a house. That was fun. Then I got back to work.

Dressed it.

Dropped it.

Finished it.

Pan height after going back to OEM mounts. With the old CS mounts, the GReddy pan sits below the cross member (meaning the CS pan isn't deep enough for the pickup and should only be used with CS mounts). I'm done with CS.

Got it started up then Andrew convinced me to change out my ECU setup. Tried to find a PowerFC but it appears that the PFC mine has dried up in the US, so we ordered an Adaptronic and got that installed Monday. Andrew did a string alignment too, drives SO MUCH better already holy shit.

Final motor config:

Got the car over to Koji yesterday to stick it on the dyno and this is where it landed.

Was hoping to hit 300 but the lack of upgraded cams and more fuel are the limiting factory right now.

Anyway, Andrew was a massive help for me on this and Koji moved his schedule around so I could get on the dyno this week. 6 months off, can't wait to get back.

Will update this thread again in 3 years please subscribe!!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:24 AM   #65
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
You find the damnedest things on used motors sometimes. Some Japanese person thought this would be a good idea.

I hear that! One of the first SR's I ever swapped in had its oil filter stuffed full of cigarette butts, I pulled it off like WTF, who would pull off an oil filter, stuff it with butts and then put it back on?? Fucking genius pranksters
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:55 PM   #66
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well that escalated quickly.... Lol love the build man, orange is definitely not my favorite color but you pull it off!!