Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #31
doodoojin

Trader Rating: (0)
doodoojin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel pumps just completely quit tonight on me. I was playing with tire pressure on these RS-3s doing 0-60 runs and boom, instant 0 RPMs. No fuel pump priming happening, so I'll check fuses relays and wiring tomorrow. I don't think both would simultaneously shit the bed. The 3km car push back to the house was fun though.
doodoojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #32
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This sucks what fuel pump do you have?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #33
cbcm2435
Zilvia Junkie

cbcm2435 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodoojin View Post
Fuel pumps just completely quit tonight on me. I was playing with tire pressure on these RS-3s doing 0-60 runs and boom, instant 0 RPMs. No fuel pump priming happening, so I'll check fuses relays and wiring tomorrow. I don't think both would simultaneously shit the bed. The 3km car push back to the house was fun though.
i had that exact thing happen to me, it ended up being the battery took a shit on me, but i t was weird it would crank and everything, just the fuel pump wouldnt kick on. my car did produce a nice large fireball out of the exhaust when it happened though
cbcm2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #34
doodoojin

OKay SO a bunch has happened in since the last post.

Turns out only one pump was working out the two in the tank.

- One maf was not metering air after all. I replaced the two Z32 MAFs with RB25 MAFs and that is working again. The TPS is going out and it was out of adjustment. I banged the shit out of it and then set it to .5v . The car drives a ton better now but I still have yet to replace the fuel pumps.

All the stuff is here though and I mocked it up a little.

Twin Bosch 044s in an Integrated Engineering swirl pot. I bought a bunch of fittings and 50 feet of various lines. Probably start cracking on that next weekend.

I also swapped brakes over to the Sil80 as I will be selling the GT-R in a rather stock configuration once I get all the parts off of it that I want.

Whoever decided that the rear hardlines should end way up in the middle of the car can suck me by the way.

^ The fenders under the fenders were never cut by the previous owner. Obviously that will happen.

Actually I only got three brakes on and ran out of time.

So there's how you put 355mm Stoptechs on an S13. The guys at Stop Tech told me that brakes with pistons this large weren't recommended for S13s, but whatever. The S13 setup they offer is only 13inch, 355mm = 14 inches, so that means more stop to my inner-caveman. Plus I don't have ABS anymore.

Also you can see we started scratching out a "Lost Bunny" design on the lower front there. My wife is knocking all of that out for me and making some other designs along the way.

Such as the Rocket Bunny logo

From original

To her design

To on the car--

Here she is doing some rocker panels

Anyway, it's coming along and sure to get more exciting. I will try to post up a more detailed list of what the car already has and good pictures, when I can.. Everything is taking a back seat to having a baby now and actually doing the work on the car, vice posting everying up that I can.

Enjoy
Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #35
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Coming along nicely, good that you're figuring out all the headaches.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:42 AM   #36
doodoojin

How it sits right now

done a bunch of stuff recently and unfortunately due to time constraints not nearly everything I wanted. Fuel system needs to go in still, but I did manage to get it running and we took it out for a tune session and the whole WOT area of the fuel map is just super lean. Car runs much better, and I imagine it has been like this since it was last tuned by whomever.

Also had a bad tie rod end I upgraded the whole gig with Ikeya Formula Tie Rods and Tie Rod Ends.

and installed

Trying to talk a guy into breaking up a full set up Nagisa Auto suspension parts. I just want the parts I can use as I have GT-R subframe and such, but he seems to want to sell everything all at once, which is a real fucking bummer. I WANT THOSE RCLAs!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #37
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I like where you are going with this!
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #38
Joedrt
Zilvia Member