Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
this has taken entirely too long build thread

soo i've creeped zilvia for long enough. names patrick, i've owned quite a few 240's since 06'. 5 s13s within 2 years; this is my 6th one. broke up with my lady friend, bought this as something to spend my money on instead of bitches like her. tired of owning and driving stripped out, busted ass s13s so this was my quest to do it right. TLDR, you probably could care less anyways, so i'll hit you with some quick highlights.

bought it in nov. 08', beasting through college and making great money, nov '09 quit my main job to focus on school(already accepted and 1 semester from heading to NC State for engineering), let go from my other one 2 months later, couldn't pay for school, stopped working on my car, july 10' enlisted army, grew the fuck up, got married, get stationed in the worst place ever.

i've gone very in depth with this car, if you want to know something, just ask.

how i got her, new paint job, front end, CF trunk, leather s14 seats and HUD dash that works....thats it

undercoated the whole car

hate black engine bays

thought my black hatch shitted itself(found out the computer fried after the fact), still hate myself for selling a mint 91' LE with perfect interior for $500 that only needed a $50 fix.

so i bought myself a $400 POS, then fell in love with it. i'd sell my soul or trade my coupe to find another one btw, so let me know.

got a sweet deal($50) on 2 Z-mafs, 2 sets of brakes, 5-lugs, and a rear end. sold all but 1 brake set, 5 lugs and rear end. used the money to rebuild the brakes, adj. arms, and freshen up the rear end with new bearing(only has 78k on it anyways)

literally on the phone ordering a motor set when i get a call from my buddy and he'd just wrecked his hatch; 38,000km blacktop set was mine. spent some cash on maintenance items and some shiney nice things.

wiring harness was chewed up so i spent some time learning how to do it right.

made a sweet skid plate

quit my job and moved closer to school..i now had a 1,200sqft garage all to myself.

i'll stop here for the night. PT in the am and i need to go fight my dog for space on the bed. later
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
alrighty, so i left off with the really fun stuff; wiring.

figured since i wasn't making tons of money, i'd do some stuff that barely cost me anything, and i'd learn a lot about the car. this is when i started making money on the side doing wiring work for people.

and this is where i took an 8 month break. came back from training to find my M30 to be gone. Cyl 6 collapsed a ring and my parents took it upon themselves to sell it. at least they got as much as i paid for it, took that money and got drunk as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that night. too bad i had put together a VG33ER..just pissing money away apparently.

then i put all the parts i had bought on

bought a truck when i was home, left and came back 2 months later and got married; packed all my shit up and started my 1100 mile trek from raleigh, nc to ft. polk, la. had to convince a guy in mississippi it wasn't a skyline.

blew my signing bonus on stuff for the house and some car parts. picked up the coolest pup ever and named him jack bauer. stupid dog cost me $1700 for surgery when he ate his chew toy. i could never put down an animal for anything not incurable or old.

i had to stop for about 6-10 months while i was dealing with an injury to my back and was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis. i could barely get in and out of my bed let alone bend over far enough to tie my boots. debated on selling the car, couldn't bring myself to do it. after quite a bit of physical therapy and i can finally touch my toes again. i'll still need surgery sometime in the future. however, since the car ran beautifully, i turned my attention to the interior and making it a little more refined.

annnd thats where i'm at.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn, thats a pretty crazy amount of time... but beautiful car, and +1 for a fellow military member. Get better soon brotha! do the therapy, and whatever else they got you doin. We only tell you it to help (im medical field, by the way) keep up the progress man!
snow hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Nice !! Hud amazing!
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Awesome work! Rare to see a coupe in such good shape to start with~
Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

oh i'm good now, i just have my days where its a little tender. appreciate the feedback people. believe it or not, this chassis has a salvaged title due what i was told was a break-in. i suspect i was lied to because it was hit in the driver's rear corner. you'd never know unless you pulled the trunk interior back and saw where the studs were welded on to pull it; out outstanding work.

snapped a couple of the car after i washed it today.

little dirty, relocating the p/s res. and catch can

wife is hoping i get new seats..i'm kind of agreeing; summers here are too damn hot for leather. can't be upset if she doesn't mind me spending money!

the DD photo-bombed me

wife enjoys watching me work

Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
dreamin240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dreamin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dreamin240sx
love the color man your lucky to have a clean coupe good luck with the build/lifestyle
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
Got Insulin?
Leaky Injector

Got Insulin? is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for your service, man. Great story and rad car to boot.
Got Insulin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

appreciate it. i mean, everyone's got their story, it makes them who they are. sure, i've had some obstacles growing up; i just choose not to piss and moan about them.

finished some wiring for a friend tonight; nothing crazy. it was nice not to have to de-pin everything and sleeve the whole damn harness. stripped it all and washed/degreased everything. s13 sr into s14, fully built running a bottom mount 3076 sleeper. tucked, relocated ignitor and wiper timer box into the cabin, removed MAF wiring, wired in MSD injector clips, rewired the coil pack sub-harness with a little thicker wiring, and did the trans harness up for the bat. relocation.

ordered the parts i need to do some -an p/s lines..pretty excited to have that again.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Damn, if the body on my coupe was that straight and one color I'd be too happy. Looks good man.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #11
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
"What a piece of shit."

-Said no one ever

Looking good there P2, maybe drive it back to NC sometime!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #12
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Ahhh, I'm good matt. I'd rather make that trip with the new car anyways..I'll be home in 2 weeks bro.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You know Kate and I are in Greensboro now, if we're not too busy with wedding planning we need to hang out!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not to bad,
very very very clean
keep it that way
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

At least Ill have 3 weeks to make it happen matt.

And that's always been my plan with this car. I wanted a clean, comfortable, simple street car that had enough power to play around on the weekends with. I'm just desperately in need of a set of wheels right now. I can't make up my mind or find a good deal on anything. My buddy has a nice set of 18" advan sa3r but idk if I'm willing to risk fucking up a nice set of wheels around here with these stellar roads Louisiana has provided. Honestly, the roads out in the training area are better, and they're fucking dirt.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
WOW this is inspiring to get my car finished up. Great story bro.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #17
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

sorry i haven't updated with anything. went home on some much needed leave to take care of some stuff and just be as far away as possible from work.

did however get my car "inspected", registered and all that jazz so i can drive it legally now. only problem is, i get home and drain the tank from the old gas that was in there, battery, new filter, coolant flush/fill..you know, all the basic stuff for the summer. turn it on, purrs like a kitten. go to move the other car out of the way and the car dies. i'm like ok whatever, it's been a few months, start it again and go to rev it; nothing over 3500rpms. sounds like i have an anti-lag engaged. breaks up soooo bad.

order a new O2 and nothing, change out the MAF and nothing. if i slowly rev it up, it'll make it to 4500, then cut out till 3500. idk what it is, its not smoking, not overheating, compression is great, makes good oil pressure. idk if its the IACV or CAS or maybe even bad fuel still in the tank after i fill it with 4 gallons of fresh gas.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
s13Kurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Boost Leak test? Vacuum leak?
s13Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

i honestly no idea bro; i re-did all the vacuum tubing from the TB today and loosened/retightened the i/c piping. pulling the manifold tomorrow, cleaning out the IACV and checking gaskets. i'm wondering if the FP regulator might be j'd up because it'd be hitting positive pressure at those rpms and maybe it getting starved. not to mention..i doesn't run like shit at idle
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #20
korito727
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
korito727 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow man, good work your car looks very tidy.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #21
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good, glad you decided to keep it, Pat. Can't wait to get back to mine next year.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
dsc4130
Zilvia Addict

dsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nice
I really like this car! Its so clean
Old 04-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #23
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Always nice to see a car done right. What are your next plans?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #24
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

i'm a little torn with it at the moment. as much as i enjoy it, shes being a temperamental little bitch right now. really makes me think if i enjoy the process of putting a car together versus just having one. ideally i'd like to find some nice wheels for it, change out the front seats, get a roof and deck spoiler, pick up some k's valences and side skirts, and try to find a bomex front lip for it.

right now i got it for sale on H240sx. just seeing what i can get for it while i'm still trying to work on fixing the problem. who knows, maybe it'll happen.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

this is what i'm dealing with....fml computer had nothing for me either, code 55

Old 04-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #26
240Kid415
Zilvia Member

240Kid415 is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful real clean build
240Kid415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #27
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Misfire. Did you check your plug wires and coilpack?? It's either
1) Ignition
2) Fuel
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #28
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Coilpacks ohmd out to 1.2 each. Brand new bkr6e gapped to .035. Fuel pump is working good, nee filter. I got it narrowed down to an fpr, cas adjustment and Tps. I havent touched the last two since I drove it last, and it was pulling hard on 12lbs