Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s14 Socal: SR Transmission Rebuild Shop

Like the title states, Im looking for a reputable shop in SOCal (w/ SR experience) to rebuild a S14 SR Transmission.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
tootall4la is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
What a coincidence.. I too am looking for this. One of my friends recently had his KA trans rebuilt by some place in SoCal... but we have yet to test it to see if it's all good in the hood.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #3
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Anaheim gear!

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
garrettlee1911

Trader Rating: (0)
garrettlee1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree on anahiem gear had them do a couple ka trans for me and have sent multiple friends there. no complaints here
garrettlee1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:41 PM   #5
DennisC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
DennisC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettlee1911 View Post
I agree on anahiem gear had them do a couple ka trans for me and have sent multiple friends there. no complaints here
Just curious, how much was it total?
Old 05-17-2018, 12:11 AM   #6
garrettlee1911

garrettlee1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisC View Post
Just curious, how much was it total?
I believe around 525 for bearing synchros and seals. Around 700 is max if hard parts need to be replaced
garrettlee1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

burtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to burtonrida133
I just dropped off my SR trans to Anaheim Gear and they quoted me roughly 700 for the entire rebuild. Hoping to have it back in a week, will keep you posted!
Old 10-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome keep us posted! Appreciated

Old 10-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #9
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Subscribe to this !!
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:43 PM   #10
onebadna1nsx

onebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura about
Just another option for you guys to look at. I'm MrMigs' friend, the one that had the KA trans fixed. My trans completely lost 2nd gear after some issues with a install gone wrong at a shop.... Box & Gear in Van Nuys fixed and replaced everything for $950 though. Brought them the trans and everything was done and ready for me to take back in a little less than a week. Been using it since and it's still running great
onebadna1nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:22 AM   #11
240msh
Zilvia Member

240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
why not just replace the trans for $150-$200 instead of spending $500+?
Old 10-23-2018, 10:32 AM   #12
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why the hell doesn't someone make upgraded synchros/gears yet?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #13
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

burtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240msh View Post
why not just replace the trans for $150-$200 instead of spending $500+?
Finding an SR trans somewhere is already a struggle, and then to risk using a used trans that you have no idea about mileage and how it performs is another issue. I personally did not find any used SR tranny for less than $400. I would rather have a fully rebuilt trans for a couple hundred more.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #14
onebadna1nsx

onebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura aboutonebadna1nsx has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Why the hell doesn't someone make upgraded synchros/gears yet?
https://www.par-engineering.com/prod...ement-gearset/
onebadna1nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #15
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx View Post
$3250.... chump change for the SR guys...
Old 10-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #16
240msh
Zilvia Member

240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrida133 View Post
Finding an SR trans somewhere is already a struggle, and then to risk using a used trans that you have no idea about mileage and how it performs is another issue. I personally did not find any used SR tranny for less than $400. I would rather have a fully rebuilt trans for a couple hundred more.
Really? In vegas theyre so easy to find, especially considering how easy a bell housing swap is on a KA trans.. but that makes sense.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:06 PM   #17
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240msh View Post
Really? In vegas theyre so easy to find, especially considering how easy a bell housing swap is on a KA trans.. but that makes sense.
I am jealous! Just shipping it from Vegas would probably cost me about $200. This is the first issue I have had with my trans since my dad bought it new, so I assumed it was time for a full rebuild!
Old 11-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #18
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

Anaheim Gear did a great job rebuilding my SR Trans. Had it back in 2 days and was roughly $600.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #19
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Ooo awesome. What did they do to your tranny?

Old 11-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #20
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
Ooo awesome. What did they do to your tranny?
I went with a complete rebuild, all new parts. Also threw in a new ACT light weight flywheel while it was out. Great work and timely fashioned!
Old 11-05-2018, 10:30 PM   #21
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

ooh damn that's awesome!