Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #4441
IAlwaysChoke

Trader Rating: (0)
IAlwaysChoke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spray2020 View Post
Some recent photos of my coupe with my 16" advan sa3's:

wheel/tire specs? i just bought a set of these in 17/7 17/8 +30 not sure how theyre gonna fit my coupe
IAlwaysChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #4442
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAlwaysChoke View Post
wheel/tire specs? i just bought a set of these in 17/7 17/8 +30 not sure how theyre gonna fit my coupe
You don't need to quote the whole picture set lol. Different set of Advans but mine are 17x7/8 +30 as well and they fit fine. I'm running a 15mm spacer up front to clear my brakes, but the normal specs fit fine before I went bbk. I run 215/45/17 tires and they don't look bad with close to factory alignment settings. You're never going to be hellaflush in these specs but I think they're about perfect if you're going for the 90s look.

Don't really have many good side pics of the car but you can get an idea:

This picture is without a front spacer:
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #4443
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAlwaysChoke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
You don't need to quote the whole picture set lol. Different set of Advans but mine are 17x7/8 +30 as well and they fit fine. I'm running a 15mm spacer up front to clear my brakes, but the normal specs fit fine before I went bbk. I run 215/45/17 tires and they don't look bad with close to factory alignment settings. You're never going to be hellaflush in these specs but I think they're about perfect if you're going for the 90s look.
My sa3's are the two piece 16x7 16x8 +32, with 225/50/16 tires. I kind of wanted to go with 15's but dont want to be too low. 16" for me still gives that 90's look (small wheel). I need to go lower though.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:56 PM   #4444
IAlwaysChoke

IAlwaysChoke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
youre a life saver thank you for the pics and info!!!
IAlwaysChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:44 PM   #4445
fljoshua129

fljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of lightfljoshua129 is a glorious beacon of light
In the process of importing this gem... 40k miles!

Color of car: #5G7 LIGHT GREEN/GRAY METALLIC
Build date: 1988
original transmission: auto
sunroof: no
HUD: no
wing: unfortunately yes

Last edited by fljoshua129; 10-27-2017 at 07:12 AM..
fljoshua129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:57 PM   #4446
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fljoshua129 View Post
In the process of importing this gem... 40k miles!

Color of car: #5G7 LIGHT GREEN/GRAY METALLIC
Build date: 1988
original transmission: auto
sunroof: no
HUD: no
wing: unfortunately yes
Dude that's the best wing they came with. I'm happy mine has it lol.

Haven't done much. Still need to get the new pads/rotors and put the teardrops on. The ultimate goal is to buy some nicer suspension for the Type X and then give this car the hand-me-downs.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:39 AM   #4447
FMFsx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
FMFsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

Haven't done much. Still need to get the new pads/rotors and put the teardrops on. The ultimate goal is to buy some nicer suspension for the Type X and then give this car the hand-me-downs.

I want it so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FMFsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:13 AM   #4448
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

Man up and put those Watanabes on this thing! That car would be the perfect cruiser with wheels and a drop imo.

The weather is starting to turn a bit so its almost time for me to put mine away but I was able to get one last event and cruise in. Also got some aero mirrors installed which was the last piece of the puzzle, I think I'm done messing with the car for a bit...

Old 11-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #4449
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Man up and put those Watanabes on this thing! That car would be the perfect cruiser with wheels and a drop imo.
I want to. Trust me, I do. I'd have to source the parts for a USDM 5lug swap so I can use the Wats...or just use the TE37Vs since they're already 4lug. I might do the latter and find a way to run the Wats on the 180SX since that was my original plan.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #4450
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Color of car: KG1/463
Build date: 88
original transmission: manual
sunroof: nope
HUD: nope
wing: nope
State: motionless

Got it from the original owner in 2010, completely stock. Original steel wheels, windshield, AC worked, yada yada.

Currently: blacktop swap, vlsd, 5 lug, coils, q45 front brakes (CTS-V front/Z32 rear brakes sitting on the shelf), silvia bricks and aero front bumper, silvia trunk with R32 GTS-T wing, 180sx side skirts. Trying to find time to paint it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171006_170507123.jpg (415.2 KB, 58 views)
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #4451
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Finally got around to this car. Pulled from storage, and yanked the single cam. Timing chain wore through the cover making a big oil & coolant mixing party! Putting in a built dual cam for the time being, until I️ ever get around to building my single cam... which has been in the works for a few years.

Chassis is Dirty, and has two dents, only rust is about size of a quarter on the strut tower. Going to keep it as stock as possible for a while, maybe put my coilovers on in the spring. First task is getting it running good, then dyno tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #4452
9TR

9TR is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, does anyone know what colors/names the following JDM S13 color codes are:
4J1
5G9
6G1
I haven't been able to find any info after quite a bit of research.
Cheers.
9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:12 AM   #4453
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TR View Post
Hi, does anyone know what colors/names the following JDM S13 color codes are:
4J1
5G9
6G1
I haven't been able to find any info after quite a bit of research.
Cheers.
5G9 - close to 5G7Silver Green/5G8 Creamy Yellow

6G1 - close to 6G0 Platinum Blue

...4J1 is a mystery...where the fuck did you get these?
Old 11-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #4454
SIXSEVENONE
Leaky Injector

SIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enough
SIXSEVENONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #4455
whosawmike
Leaky Injector

whosawmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone have a picture of a white/gold s13 with bronze colored wheels? I don't know if I am not seeing it because it looks terrible and no one runs them, or if I'm not seeing any because photobucket killed the internet.

Here is a picture of my Silvia as a contribution to the thread. It is also the car I am looking for wheels for.

whosawmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #4456
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^doesn't look too bad, but silver or gunmetal would be best imo

Old 02-28-2018, 04:57 PM   #4457
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosawmike View Post
Does anyone have a picture of a white/gold s13 with bronze colored wheels? I don't know if I am not seeing it because it looks terrible and no one runs them, or if I'm not seeing any because photobucket killed the internet.
Nissan2nr22's Coupe:

BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:37 AM   #4458
Adzps13

Adzps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Guessing mine is not genuine 2 tone?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Adzps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #4459
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Look up the paint code, it should tell you how it came from the factory. Nice car!
Old 03-14-2018, 09:04 AM   #4460
Adzps13

Adzps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
Look up the paint code, it should tell you how it came from the factory. Nice car!
How do I do this?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Adzps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #4461
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Look under your hood for a plaque like this:
http://www.2040-cars.com/_content/ca...479610/016.jpg

Look at the "Color, Trim" part (in this case, DHO, Juniper Green Metallic)

Look to see if it's 5G8 or whatever
Old 04-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #4462
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
My contribution

From this

To this

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #4463
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
GripStigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosawmike View Post

Here is a picture of my Silvia as a contribution to the thread. It is also the car I am looking for wheels for.

Hi

Last edited by GripStigma; 01-11-2020 at 02:18 PM..
GripStigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #4464
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow that looks great! Aero, paint, fitment, engine... the whole package.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #4465
Abeo
Leaky Injector

I painted my Silvia front clip. Turned out pretty good for an amateur. Need to put on my skirts.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #4466
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

This thread deserves a bump! Survived another event with my car, I can't wait to get back out next month.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #4467
cwk

cwk is an unknown quantity at this point
Just picked up my first 240 last weekend. A platinum blue metallic with 24,000 original miles from Hawaii. Pretty much stock except for the wheels, coils and ctsv brakes. She’s clean though!

Also side note. A buddy of mine has a Megan catback that he said he’d give to me since he’s got no use for it. Currently have a stock exhaust on it, however mine is an automatic at the moment. Anyone know if they sound as shitty as I think it would with it being a single cam auto? I apologize if this is a hype noob post.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:09 AM   #4468
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I picked up an ‘88 Silvia off another member on here out in Japan. (I live in Fussa) anyways. 52k KM. BONE stock CA18DE. And MINT interior. I love this thing. 2 tone blue / grey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #4469
dizzariot
Post Whore!

^^^ That's a great looking car. ^^^

I sold my '88 Silvia to AscendaShogun because I had picked this up in February. If any of you guys know me, you know that I'm retarded about OEM colors. When I saw this car pop up not far from where I live, I had to try to make something happen.

I talked back and forth with the dealer, contemplated a trade in for the '88, then negotiations sort of fell off. I had looked at the car at the dealership a few times and spoke with the salesperson face-to-face. The rest of our correspondence was via email. After a gap in comms I shot him an offer that was low...but apparently not low enough because he accepted it. My wife and I talked it over and I drove down that weekend and paid cash for the car. I'm positive that the condition of the car is what made my wife agree to purchase the car. They kept it another week while they changed the fluids and did a general once-over of the car.

I made a note of asking about the paint...because the car looked to good to be true. The dealership was a Nissan U-Car (used car) dealership. The salesperson told me the hood and trunk had be redone but with Nissan's OEM paint. Nerd-boner for a me. Part of me thinks this car was lucky enough to spend most of it's life in covered parking. All of the window buttons, turn stalks, etc. have their printed symbols/words on them and they look brand new. The SE wheels looked brand new, but I had these OEM teardrops I'd purchased a while ago and they made it onto the car eventually.

'89 Silvia Q's
Automatic
63,XXX KMs
Pro Speakers
Folding Mirrors
AC

Now all AscendaShogun and I have to do is prep these cars for inspection.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #4470
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Also, I'm on the hunt for one of these.