Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #31
boobs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
boobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
depends where you live to be honest, most 909/inland empire cops pull over people doing stupid shit or obnoxiously loud cars. You don't have an oversized cat I recommend getting one instead of having a straight pipe.

^EXACTLY!

OP Don't drive like a dumbass and you'll be good.

FOR SALE: DOHC maf, KA down pipe and SR A/C pump like new pm me for price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
cars are like beer, they all do the same thing, and we each prefer our own flavor...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #32
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayororo View Post
To sum it up, if you drive and follow the traffic laws, it is just a gamble and depends on the cop, cops arent aliens they are people like us
Cops are aliens. Heartless, cold blooded aliens with compounding jaws. /thread.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #33
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i have a blue s14 with an sr. the car was a ugly primer teal fading i never once got pulled over. after i painted it in the past two months i have been pulled over two times. they target any thing thats shinny and low . i have apexi dual n1 all oem with just a lip. i have been pulled over for tint and being to and some what flush in the front rear not so much lolz . i already new the consequences of what color i chose though. but im already thinking of getting it repainted cause its just to much heat. =( its sad im a student i work a full time job and work my ass for my car. i have never once been arested for any thing never even had police contact until i got my car painted. i feel this is wrong that i pay taxes and trying to be a contributing member to this shit whole state and there going to try and take shit i worked for cause they dont know how to manage there money! im sorry im raging but its a cat and mouse and most of the time cat will win ! im moving out of this state nothing is really that good here 10 % sales tax along with ass whole police.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #34
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
All these stories make feel for better being KA. Lol
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #35
rollout240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (31)
rollout240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rollout240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run NoeL, Run! View Post
If all else fails.
Lowkey pass them a washington.
If you know what I mean.
There shall be none of this!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by koji187 View Post
remove tint from all windows even the back, remove all stickers, megan type II exhaust or stock, run a cat, keep recirc valve, paint intercooler black, stock body, run a clean factory 16 or 17'' wheel
yes, but that really wont do much man. like it was stated before. cops will pop you for ANYTHING. he can b.s. and say that your music was too loud and go from there. feel me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
parking violations, traffic violations, and drug violations make the most money. traffic violations are the number one revenue generator for the police.

most of my tickets were the result of my stupidity and i have gotten only one chippie that decided to pop my hood. now i drive like a grandma and annoy everybody else that is driving but it is definitely worth my money.
At a time like this when Cali needs money who they gonna pop....us!!! so yes drive safe because thou shall get popped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
depends where you live to be honest, most 909/inland empire cops pull over people doing stupid shit or obnoxiously loud cars. You don't have an oversized cat I recommend getting one instead of having a straight pipe.

That's normally the number one give away you're driving a turbo car when everyone can hear it spooling through your loud ass fart cans.

I only got pulled over and reffed once and that was my fault, I normally drive my car around police DAILY like I'm in a school of fish, even without a front plate and I don't get harassed or followed.
i think a big thing is were you live like Om1kron said, i got pulled over 2 blocks from my pad, cops here suck. i drive in pasadena. no biggie. cops don't mind it. location location.

and yes not all cops are douchebags as people think. like stated before some cops look because they like.
i got pulled over for having my car too low. Cop asked me more questions about if i scrape here and there and how to i manage to drive my car in alhambra and whatever. didn't even bother to run my license. Continues to talk about his dodge truck that scrapes everywhere. He just wanted info, not to issue a citation.

It's all about being in the right place at the right time.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #36
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
let me tell you something about my experiences lately..

i get pulled over for modified exhaust while i'm doing 40 in a 40 tackin 1500 rpms and he gets me for tint also.

5 months later (this past friday) I get pulled over while I'm STOPPED at a driveway leaving the gym. This douchebag pulls in from the street and gets right behind me so of course he didn't hear or even see my exhaust..he pulls me for no front plate and after I tell him I juuust paid the fine for the modified exhaust and I'm in the process of changing it he gives me another modified exhaust ticket.

I have respect for cops and what they do, but some of these guys are just chicken shit i swear

my advice: You are NOT safe simply driving well, I always drive safely as I have never gotten a moving violation and I'm being harassed like a ex-con out here.. have a front plate and have a super stock looking exhaust and you should be good...unless they start pulling us over for having wheels that are too wide or some shit
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #37
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I can sympathize with all you'ze guys on here. I moved on to a bmw e30 and cops kinda turn away from em. stock exhaust, lowered.
When I had my 240 it was such a magnet, slammed,kit,exhaust, (ripped off my tint cus i was sick of getting pulled over).
It was at a point where cops said 'did you make your car louder?" 'sounds different' me 'haha, I actually just got my second resonator installed on there last week'. Driving the car here in Socal left me with tons of modified exhaust tix, tint, front plate, yadayada. I was mainly in hollywood/santa monica area. I hear mainly people gettin harassed in the Inland Empire.
It got mad ridiculous though, even my gf would be ready to get pulled over if we even saw a cop. I drove like the gentleman of oldmansville in town! simply driving anywhere was suspect enough in that car. I still miss the car though =].
Never got my hood popped, cops always asked me dumb questions cop:'you a fan of transformers?' me:'yea' (steering wheel button had a transformer on it).
Even got questioned on my tyco Silvia rc car in the back seat! Cop:'is that legal? Gas powered or electric" Me: "Tyco". Cops flashlight tapping on my back windows when questioned about the tint. But usually let go cause I abide by the law, just had a cool car haha. Still very annoying and unsettling.

So now, I have a Maxima now and still 'shocked' when cops fly past me. And Id assume the bmw would be suspect cause its low, but I think it still counts as a 'turd' on the streets to cops haha. But parking citations are getting way out of control here. jeez.
On a side but still on topic note. I've been looking at getting an exhaust for the bmw cuz I like the raspy lowness of it, and want a single N1 style can, but remember what a hassle it was to have a can on the car. oy, shits weak man.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #38
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Oh yes, also got a parking ticket in the mail the other day. I was in my car waiting or my gf to get outta work, in a red zone, but no parking on this busy street, in front of a club. He flashed a light at me, so I waved back. So I backed out andn went to a parking spot, 4 days later, PARKING TICKET in the mail?! Trying to fight it.......no results
Old 04-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #39
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so cali sucks.

at the same time it's great. lol
Old 04-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #40
maxtrbo93
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
maxtrbo93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Enough with this "im scared to drive my car in the States" bullshit, come up to Canada, pick up a 180, do a 4" straight pipe, screamer pipe and put a "COPS LIE" sticker across your back window and you'll still be able to shoot the shit with a cop at the local coffee shops.

Let me sum up living in Canada for you all:
1) Bikini Bitches in -30 Celsius
2) GTR's go for 7 grand.
3) RHD? Mine as well be a majority population.
4) Catalytic Converters nd Pre-Silencers and all that bullshit? Cop will ask you why you didn't straight pipe it for better flow, then call you a pussy.
5) Pollution Laws? huh?
6) Free health-care.
7) Our dollar isn't showing signs of hyper-inflation, suckers.

Cant wait to see you all coming to work the oil patch in Alberta!
High school diploma? A week worth of training? Thats all u need to make $350+ a day!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #41
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
interested in working on the oil patch.

gona drop out of college to pursue that.

but i hate the cold...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #42
maxtrbo93
Zilvia Member

maxtrbo93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
interested in working on the oil patch.

gona drop out of college to pursue that.

but i hate the cold...
Dont drop out of college, finish college and work the patch for a few years after. Dont give up your future for quick money.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #43
rollout240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (31)
rollout240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rollout240
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
...unless they start pulling us over for having wheels that are too wide or some shit
oh lets keep this one under wraps before they catch on to u!!! lol. Everything can and WILL be used against you...... haha
Old 04-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #44
[email protected]
Advertiser

Trader Rating: (87)
Mogli@9KRacing.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mogli@9KRacing.com
best way to avoid hood pop

1) STOCK EXHAUST
(ugly, no sound)

2) Re-circulated Bov

3) Front License Plate

4) No Illegal Tint

5) No Stickers

6) No A pillar gauge pods

7) Don't drive like a jack ass

8) Murdered Out FMIC

Done deal, good luck trying to avoid it. I've been popped before as well.

Shit happens.

Contact 9K racing for any of your tuning or modifying needs.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #45
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
5 years in Socal, living in San Diego and droving alot in Orange County, I would have to say if you don't bring attention to yourself you'll be ok. Iv'e been pulled over twice both I was a fault and was given a warning. Now now my car was lowered, with tinted windows, no front plate and full N1 exhaust but it's far from Zilvia slammed -camber stickered approved. All in all drive like an adult and dont cause attention to yourself and you'll probably be ok. But if it happpens so be it. You know the rules and are choosing to break them.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #46
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
RB Damn DUI checkpoints

Drove my sleeper Hatch with a RB25 in San Diego for over a year with no major problems from the cops when driving responsibly. Only once did I ever get questioned and that was at a DUI checkpoint when the guy saw my turbo timer kick in and keep the car on (did not even think about it). Ended up talking my way out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
Old 04-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #47
whats_a_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
whats_a_sr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
it sux but all we can do is follow the rules......well we're all dying next year according to the aztec calendar so screw it......hahaha
Old 04-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #48
benks
Leaky Injector

benks is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't be a dick when you get pulled over, I broke my hood latch on my corolla so I can't POP it when asked and just show them I can't and they generally just leave me alone and say that my car is at a higher decibal then it should be
Old 04-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #49
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
my advice: You are NOT safe simply driving well
dude you're young, asian, and you drive a bright red car but you're right driving safe (which is a good thing lol) will increase your chances of staying under the radar but it goes with the territory of owning an import 'sports' car.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #50
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontron5000 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm coming up on the end of my SR swap and will be on the road soon. This is gonna be my daily driver. For your viewing pleasure, I have uploaded a pic of my progress so far. As you can tell, nothing too outlandish on my car that would make me stick out like a sore thumb on the road.

I have heard horror stories about people in Cali getting pulled over, popping their hoods, and having to visit the ref for as much as a modified exhaust. However, all these stories were posted in like 2003. I would to get a better idea of what cops are doing nowadays since the "ricer" phase is pretty much come and gone (in my opinion).

However, my question for you all is for those with SR's running in your cars, what are your experiences with cops in regards to getting pulled over? I would rate myself as a pretty defensive driver, I hardly run yellow lights in fear of getting a ticket, I don't speed or drive erratically or anything of that nature, pretty much eliminating any reason to get pulled over.
Quote:
Damn, I was kinda hoping thing would have gotten better. But yeah, I completely believe you when you say I won't know until I'm out on the road myself.

I think what I'm getting at with this thread is to get more "up to date" experiences people they had with law enforcement, regardless of if it is good or bad. In these responses I would like hear both perspectives of the story (cop vs. driver, or at least what the driver tells us what the cop says), reason(s) for being pulled over (moving violation/modifications/stickers), and how the situation ended (ticket/warning/ref, etc)
Quote:
Did you have any visual mods, like rims, exhaust, lowered?
I am closing this thread...

Reasons are pretty obvisious.

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Closed Thread