Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Template for rear speaker

I searched a bit and found some pics but no real info... im having problems tracing out a template for this, im talking about that HOLE in between the seatbelts and the wheel, does anyone have one? doesn't have to have a template for the speakers i can do that myself...

looking for something like this...

i know it's easy but i wanted to know if anyone had any DECENT templates made already instead of me making my bad fitting templates... mine would be worse than the one pictured here...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
thats like a... 6.5 speaker?
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
yeah, 6.5 speaker, but that's not what im interested in!
im talking about the actual speaker "base" that covers the hole... just wondering if someone here has done it before and still have a template lying around
Old 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
why not use a peice of carboard and trace it
then once that is perfect, cut it in a piece of sheetmetal?

it only takes a hour or two
not rocket science.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
bhaha template, i cut one out of carbon and put there...
kuruptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
1/8" MDF would be a better platform unless the sheetmetal is sealed around the edges to prevent NVH.

But seriously, trim it out in cardboard first. Takes seconds.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
420sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
+1 on the cardboard. any custom bracket/template starts with it.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
d3m14n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
d3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d3m14n
+2 on the cardboard idea. doesnt take much skill/time/money to trace the template.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

i trace really bad, but yeah i think this is the only thing i can do... i just wanted to check also if someone ran into any problems with fitment or anything when they did this...
Old 01-20-2009, 03:42 AM   #10
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I traced and then cut out 1/4" MDF adapters. Remember wood> Metal. I think you might be able to find some templates on ebay if your THAT lazy.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

yup gonna make them myself, hope they don't turn out like my last ones... but yeah im gonna post a template up and a picture as soon as i finish

thanks for the ideas about WHAT to use i was thinking of using plastic or metal but i think im going with MDF...