Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
TR6060 into S14...any feedback

Hey there ladies and gents and non-binary people. I promised myself after the last build that I was done with the S14 chassis but like everyone else...I lied to myself.

Onto the important stuff, does anyone have feedback on how tight the TR6060 fits into the S14 Chassis? I have dropped the T56 into a few of these chassis and have a sweet TR6060 sitting in the garage but based on the measurements it looks like it may be a really tight fit. The integrated bellhousing is larger than the T56 Bell so I am looking to get some feedback as to how much work it took to get her in (insert pervy joke). I have searched quite a bit online but there isnt much info as to how much tunnel bashing it takes to get the TR6060 into this chassis.

I am using the V8Chassis mounts for this setup and havent tried to drop the setup in just yet but if its a really tight fit I will likely trade this sexy beast up for a T56 Magnum since it uses the T56 bellhousing.

Looking forward to your feedback brochachos....stay classy San Diego.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2017, 04:18 PM   #2
boback1

Trader Rating: (0)
boback1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't know anything but I'll be checking back to see if any updates. I have an ls3 with t56 in my car and would love a magnum or tr6060. They shift way better and hold more power.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
My t56 is already super tight, with massaging. Idk about the auto in there. I’m sure with some extra motivation you could do it no problem
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Ywah I wont be using a T56 again really didnt enjoy it even with a fresh rebuild. I have heard the TR6060 fits without too much work with the Fueled Racing Kit but i want to try the V8Chassis mounts.

The Magnum uses the T56 Bellhousing so it shouldnt be too much of a problem. Thats my back up choice since this one is built up.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:47 PM   #5
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Like you said fueld racing is the only one that offers a tranny mount for that trans ATM. The issues you'll run into is with the shifter. Due to the stock shifter being so far back you'll either 1.) shorten to factory arm 2.) custom shifter 3.) MGW short shifter which is adjustable (discontinued though gl find one/ need 5th gen camaro model)

The bell housing is slightly larger so you might been to beat the shit out of to fit. I found another guy on IG that modified the trans tunnel and used a mustang shifter or something I'll try to find it.

I sold my tr6060 that came with my ls3. Didn't want to deal with all this shit to make the trans fit.

Edit: dug up a pig from ig.

The guy in the pic below used holly mount kit and modified the trans mounts.

drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
In for info. S13 as well. Grabbing the complete LS3 + TR6060 drivetrain from a wrecked 2010+ Camaro SS is a solid combo.

Sikky has a shifter relocation for T56's in multiple lengths that might help with the TR6060 shifter placement in an S-chassis.

OP, you got a link to the mounts you're talking about? Couldn't find anything about them on Google.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:16 AM   #7
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

This is the setup im trying out. Not worried about modifying the trans mount to accept the TR6060 if it needs some customizing. https://www.v8schassis.com/. Mounts are built solid just hoping it drops the engine/trans low enough like FR so that the tunnel doesnt need a tone of work. FR mounts are beautiful pieces but the cost is a bit steep wih other options available.

I was going to stop by a local machine shop with some measurements and have them bend me a new rod to use with the MGW. If I am not mistake the TR6060 puts the shifter about 3.5 inches further back than the T56. The Magnum has the same issue for us.

The Sikky shifters are nice.... I have no complaints with Sikky products but the MGW shifters have been proven in the LS community.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:35 AM   #8
RickS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I have a f body tail shaft for my swap. Tick level 4.
I'm running a 2j so using a quick time bellhousing I highly recommend going with grannas racing for swap stuff. I know one other guy running a tr6060 in a s14.He had to hammer around bellhousing area and tunnel also quite a bit. I haven't installed mine yet but I'm sure it's gonna be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #9
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Rick...thanks for thee info. So is that a Magnum in the picture? Assuming it is since I see the QT Bellhousing. I know some loca guys modify the Magnum to use the Fbody Tailhousing but the added cost is pretty significant.

I bought a Magnum earlier then sold it to purchase this setup.I bought an RPM Level 6 with very low miles off a buddy so I am hesitant to get rid of this setup since it is stout. For the Magnum was just going to use the T56 bellhousing and also modify the MGW. By doing so I was going to save around $1k over going with a modified Magnum with Fbody Tailshaft.

Tick also makes some bad ass modifications to the trans.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #10
RickS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Rick...thanks for thee info. So is that a Magnum in the picture? Assuming it is since I see the QT Bellhousing. I know some loca guys modify the Magnum to use the Fbody Tailhousing but the added cost is pretty significant.

I bought a Magnum earlier then sold it to purchase this setup.I bought an RPM Level 6 with very low miles off a buddy so I am hesitant to get rid of this setup since it is stout. For the Magnum was just going to use the T56 bellhousing and also modify the MGW. By doing so I was going to save around $1k over going with a modified Magnum with Fbody Tailshaft.

Tick also makes some bad ass modifications to the trans.

Yes that's my magnum. Rpm is great also. Can't wait to put this thing to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #11
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

The Magnums are beasts even in stock form. The TQ rating isnt really applicable to our lightweight cars since they are typically used in heavier cars. I think you made the right choice in choosing the Mag over an R154 or losing a first born to the V160 price, though I absolutely love the V160.

The setup I bought is way overkill for my goals to be honest but the opportunity was there for me to snag this trans. I know of a few Vette and Camaro guys running this Level 6 at 1k-1.5k for a few years and they love it. None of the guys have had an issue even at those savage power levels. I think my meager 700-ish rwhp final goal will barely tickle this trans setup if I can keep it.

About 6-7 years ago I bought an R154 with low miles from a guy when I was living in NY for $450. I bought one of the last MC rebuild kits and all in I was about $2200 for a strong transmission which was going into my 2JZ setup which was setup for 750+rwhp. However the price of those have soared since they are becoming more rare.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #12
drfftn
Zilvia Member

drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
In for info. S13 as well. Grabbing the complete LS3 + TR6060 drivetrain from a wrecked 2010+ Camaro SS is a solid combo.

Sikky has a shifter relocation for T56's in multiple lengths that might help with the TR6060 shifter placement in an S-chassis.

OP, you got a link to the mounts you're talking about? Couldn't find anything about them on Google.
T56 and tr6060 shifters aren't the same and you can't use them. Unless sikky has come out with a new shifter that I'm unaware of. The gto shifter they make moves the shifter forward a few inches from the shifter hole in the s13

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #13
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

The man is correct the T56 Mag and regular T56 shifters do not work on thos setup.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #14
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfftn View Post
T56 and tr6060 shifters aren't the same and you can't use them. Unless sikky has come out with a new shifter that I'm unaware of. The gto shifter they make moves the shifter forward a few inches from the shifter hole in the s13

They have both standard GTO T56, and Magnum T56 versions. I thought I read somewhere that TR6060 and T56 Magnum use the same shifter.

https://www.sikky.com/product-catego...location-kits/
Old 12-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #15
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Nope I reached out to Sikky about this thinking the same thing but they will not work interchangeably. I found one shop on FB that has successfully setup the trans in an S14. I reached out to them regarding the details....I will share whatever I find out.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:28 AM   #16
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Ah damn, I those might work. I talked to a guy a a local track day a few years ago who had an LS and TR6060 in his S13, and he built a shifter that looked exactly like the Sikky one to make it work. Not sure if they were even on the market back then.

In any case, looks like you need something like that to bring the shifter back far enough to put it in the stock shifter position of an S-chassis.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #17
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Saw what the mgw shifter looks like mounted on the trans

Last edited by drfftn; 12-16-2017 at 12:41 PM..
Old 12-16-2017, 03:39 PM   #18
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

If I am not mistaken the problem is that the shifter on the TR6060 has to be moved 3-4 inches forward to fit in our chassis. All of the kits move the shifter backwards towards the trunk.