Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-08-2017, 01:40 AM   #31
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I do believe in quality parts; and nice wheels especially.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2017, 07:49 AM   #32
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
This thread is basically just turning into a collection of "everything the remaining members of Zilvia complain about" thread, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dorki's aero is another point: why in the fuck would anyone pay $800 for a God damn Type X lip when his shit fits well and is more durable?
I wish I wasn't wired the way I am, but I will never be able to do it. I can't run a replica part even if it is more affordable or assembled with more care than the original. I can't run a set of TEs that are not coated with the original finish from the Rays factory, even if it's generic white and they were originally white. I have no idea why I am the way I am, but stuff like this drives me absolutely bonkers. No disrespect at all to those that do it because I love to see people seek a quality build and do things right, but it's something I personally will never be able to overcome. It's not because I am an elitist, it's because there is something wrong with me, hahaha.

One thing I have always found interesting is how upset people get about what others do with their cars. I'm definitely guilty of feeling the same way from time to time, but I have seen dozens of people say they are selling their S13 because of "all the young kids in the community ruining them." Shouldn't that be more motivation to keep yours and provide a good example? I won't say that some things people do don't bother me, I guess I have just never been so vocal about it. If you truly enjoy building and tinkering with your car, why should what anyone else is doing matter?

I'm just an overly sappy and nostalgic guy I guess, but I love these cars. They've provided me so much enjoyment and introduced me to so many good people that I now call friends over the years that I can't be bothered with the opinions and actions of others.

At this point posts like this on Zilvia are merely preaching to the choir, but it's cool to see an in-depth discussion with decent traffic like this around here. I miss those days so much, haha. Zilvia is great.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:00 AM   #33
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My light up silvia quarter window louvers came in the mail yesterday.

tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:27 AM   #34
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
My light up silvia quarter window louvers came in the mail yesterday.
BRO I have never seen this lit up. Get this goin'!!
Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #35
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Are you saying $800 for the lip is warranted or are you making a funny?
!Zar! just doesnt like me... oh yeah and he also tried to neg repping me into oblivion because i told him to leave me the fuck alone in a different thread. so, his comment is meant in a negative light given most of his passive aggressive comments toward me (or anyone else hes trolling) are usually from a really shitty place... he just likes to harass people in a way that doesnt draw TOO much attention to himself from moderators and admins alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
One thing I have always found interesting is how upset people get about what others do with their cars. I'm definitely guilty of feeling the same way from time to time, but I have seen dozens of people say they are selling their S13 because of "all the young kids in the community ruining them." Shouldn't that be more motivation to keep yours and provide a good example? I won't say that some things people do don't bother me, I guess I have just never been so vocal about it. If you truly enjoy building and tinkering with your car, why should what anyone else is doing matter?
Damon, older guys ditching their cars because what younger folks are doing to them i think simply boils down to association. i know i have a very VERY hard time interacting with a lot of the younger guys because of how horribly they treat one another (and everyone else for the most part). the 240sx scene has actually gotten a VERY negative view in most peoples eyes simply due to the level of disrespect that is constantly mouthed off with and the shitty attitudes a good amount of 240sx owners have. its quite sad.... but to some people, they dont want to be painted with the same brush so they move on in life. buuuuuuuuuuuuut then again, there are also others out there who ditch their cars because they realize these things are nothing but never ending god shaped money holes!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 12-08-2017 at 10:33 AM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #36
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Been around 240's for 15+ years, and the elitist "purists" are as insufferable as they were then. Seems like a label that they give themselves to shit all over everything they deem not acceptable.

I'll take an enthusiast over a purist. Note that this isn't about defending shitty parts. It's about shitty people.
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:00 AM   #37
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Sailor is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If I ever run out of salt in the kitchen....
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #38
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
!Zar! just doesnt like me... oh yeah and he also tried to neg repping me into oblivion because i told him to leave me the fuck alone in a different thread. so, his comment is meant in a negative light given most of his passive aggressive comments toward me (or anyone else hes trolling) are usually from a really shitty place... he just likes to harass people in a way that doesnt draw TOO much attention to himself from moderators and admins alike.

Damon, older guys ditching their cars because what younger folks are doing to them i think simply boils down to association. i know i have a very VERY hard time interacting with a lot of the younger guys because of how horribly they treat one another (and everyone else for the most part). the 240sx scene has actually gotten a VERY negative view in most peoples eyes simply due to the level of disrespect that is constantly mouthed off with and the shitty attitudes a good amount of 240sx owners have. its quite sad.... but to some people, they dont want to be painted with the same brush so they move on in life. buuuuuuuuuuuuut then again, there are also others out there who ditch their cars because they realize these things are nothing but never ending god shaped money holes!
I think part of the reason people grow up and move on is that you're only allowed to build some kinds of cars certain ways - if you do it differently (and totally normally and acceptably and well in the rest of the automotive world) it's called out just like if you do it wrong.

This thread equates non japanese with junk, china with ls. What kind of mental illness is this, and how could one expect normal car guys (who may be into any number of things that go) to want to try to fit in and deal with that irrational judgement for doing it right?

Nothing pure about these cars, built globally to sell to the globe - there's quality and crap, but no pure.

Dorkidori and a lot more like him is what it'd take for the 240 to survive as more than a handful or orphaned cars.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #39
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Are you saying $800 for the lip is warranted or are you making a funny?
You said people are for instant gratification, then proceeded to hype a product which caters to that market. I was simply pointing out the irony in your statement.

The reason why people won't spend $800 for an authentic lip is the same reason why people won't spend money for other authentic parts.

Personally, I am not in that market. But at this day and age, I rather see a clean car built with cheap parts, than a clusterfuck of a car looking like it was drug from the junkyard.

Quote:
!Zar! just doesnt like me...
The moment I saw you were making a lip I sent the link to multiple people I know who fit your market. I even convinced one to sell their FRP lip in order to purchase your lip.

Quote:
...he just likes to harass people in a way that doesnt draw TOO much attention to himself from moderators and admins alike.
I stay within the rules, homie.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #40
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
The moment I saw you were making a lip I sent the link to multiple people I know who fit your market. I even convinced one to sell their FRP lip in order to purchase your lip.
while i do appreciate the referrals, i think it might be a good idea for you and i to avoid one another seeing as im pretty sure we mix like oil and water in terms of how we deal with each other. no harm, no foul... just moving forward, id prefer it if we left each other alone.

Quote:
Personally, I am not in that market. But at this day and age, I rather see a clean car built with cheap parts, than a clusterfuck of a car looking like it was drug from the junkyard.
one of the few things i will agree with you on...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 12-08-2017 at 01:30 PM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #41
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
lol .
Old 12-08-2017, 03:45 PM   #42
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Ahhh... I was so confused... lol thanks

This thread needs more pics. Be the hero we need, but don't deserve.
So on the topic of Purist. Honestly what it really boils down to is what you want. Being someone who started his first steps on this car forum to owning Corner3motorsports and starting the Nissan Challenge and Subaru Challenge series things I thought I knew about or my understanding of brands and parts has totally changed and I keep learning more everday.

Japanese Brands. Back then Japan was at the fore front of the car world. Every part was based in racing and performance that's what they were developed for and trickled down into the aftermarket. Parts based, on pefromance. In today's world to keep up with competition from the US, China and other producers there has been a decline in quality mainly to keep up with competition. Any consumer that thinks oh its Japanese and marks it as good shit still has the lingering influence of the past. Some Japanese "brands" now a days are really no better than China stuff. They just did better marketing and put some japanese fonts and heritage around it. Really anything good you have to be a bit in the know to understand since those companies still have the mindset of catering to racing and Don't really market to our demographics.

Instant Gratification and Social Media: A lot of the new enthusiast were born into ease of access and instant gratication having it now getting what they want now without much thought into the why. With the shift away from brick and motor shops and everyone's ability to "Open their own thing" and e-commerce has taken a lot of the knowledge base away. Social media now has influencers. New enthusiast see those cars and mimic them. I never fault them most of them don't really know any better. When they start to mimic the rhyme and reason on how the car got that way gets lost and you just get a jumble of parts and attempts to get a look but not the performance.

But anyways I can go on foooor days but we will do that another day.

In short to build a good community you have to educate, have good communication. You'll be surprised how many customers I have that could have ended up being ricers but when you build a good relationship and help them you get better builds. A lot of stuff people have asked for I basically asked the question why and thats how the conversation started and all of a sudden they know more they know better and are now able to make better descisions and purchases vs slapping whatever is on.

Dont Mind the paint. Spirit Rei Splitters great look! The front can not withstand track use. One of those compomises because I still wanted to be cool. They will be saved for street use not track

This seibon hood looks cool thats about it. The vents arent in the proper location. A great example of knowing better would have influenced my decision on a better hood. If you just want the look go for it. Saves weight.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #43
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
This thread is basically just turning into a collection of "everything the remaining members of Zilvia complain about" thread, lol.

I wish I wasn't wired the way I am, but I will never be able to do it. I can't run a replica part even if it is more affordable or assembled with more care than the original. I can't run a set of TEs that are not coated with the original finish from the Rays factory, even if it's generic white and they were originally white. I have no idea why I am the way I am, but stuff like this drives me absolutely bonkers. No disrespect at all to those that do it because I love to see people seek a quality build and do things right, but it's something I personally will never be able to overcome. It's not because I am an elitist, it's because there is something wrong with me, hahaha.

I'm just an overly sappy and nostalgic guy I guess, but I love these cars. They've provided me so much enjoyment and introduced me to so many good people that I now call friends over the years that I can't be bothered with the opinions and actions of others.

At this point posts like this on Zilvia are merely preaching to the choir, but it's cool to see an in-depth discussion with decent traffic like this around here. I miss those days so much, haha. Zilvia is great.
I used to be that way but there are certain things I just learned to let go. Factory aero is always the best but the last time I had an OEM Type X lip I sold it for $750 and was amazed it went so quickly. I guess, at the end of the day, that's probably one of the only 'icing-on-the-cake' pieces I don't feel the need to spend almost a grand on.

I think people (like me) get upset at other people's cars because we're finally to that point where they aren't becoming a rare sight, they are a rare sight. I don't think for one second every car should be babied and driven the way I drive my cars...but I would hope that everyone takes care of their car. This all goes back to the 'missile' crisis argument of not having a shitty, crumpled beer can and justifying it by saying it's a 'drift slut'.

In the end, the reason why I get so pissed boils down to the same reasons you feel so strongly about these cars as well: the enjoyment and genuine love I have for the chassis. We just externalize it in different ways haha.

Quote:
You said people are for instant gratification, then proceeded to hype a product which caters to that market. I was simply pointing out the irony in your statement.

The reason why people won't spend $800 for an authentic lip is the same reason why people won't spend money for other authentic parts.

Irony noted. I think I meant to make a point on that but it's been covered in my reply to Damon. There are certain compromises to be made and an $800 lip is one of them.

Hype though? I was just saying his product fits well at a fraction of the cost. Facts B, word to your Moms. Deadass.

Huboner's car will definitely be this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
Been around 240's for 15+ years, and the elitist "purists" are as insufferable as they were then. Seems like a label that they give themselves to shit all over everything they deem not acceptable.

I'll take an enthusiast over a purist. Note that this isn't about defending shitty parts. It's about shitty people.
No one likes an insufferable cunt. I mean, for what it's worth, the guy that started this thread fancies himself a purist. I guess you either know you're a die-hard purist or it's a label someone gives you.

Purist: a person who insists on absolute adherence to traditional rules or structures, especially in language or style.

I guess when you look up the definition, I don't fit that bill either. I'd enjoy any well-put together car that didn't look like someone had 'unique idea' diarrhea all over their fucking car.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #44
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
...word to your Moms. Deadass.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #45
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
I think purist is the wrong word for it but the best word would be is "style" imo since it can encompass many forms.

Some people love OEM everything which looks sick, other people love the late 90s/00s grassroots style which looks sick, others like the more aggressive/showy D1 style which looks sick, some others like the beat thrashed shakotan cars which look sick.

At the end of the day looks are subjective but one thing is certain and everyone can agree when something has style to it. Not talking about normal bagged/widebody/dished wheels or "drift" missles rattle caned but seeing a car that I would say 99% of people can look at and will appreciate.

You just see it and know.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #46
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Some people love OEM everything which looks sick, other people love the late 90s/00s grassroots style which looks sick, others like the more aggressive/showy D1 style which looks sick, some others like the beat thrashed shakotan cars which look sick.
You sure you didn't forget quotation marks on some of those "sicks"?
Old 12-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #47
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I hear purists, I think the concours type attitude. Oem all the way, like it came from the factory.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #48
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I hear purists, I think the concours type attitude. Oem all the way, like it came from the factory.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Like that, but personalized if that makes sense.

I love OE style, but with subtle changes that set cars apart.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:25 AM   #49
Gio RMS13

Trader Rating: (4)
Gio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the roughGio RMS13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
...older guys ditching their cars because what younger folks are doing to them i think simply boils down to association. i know i have a very VERY hard time interacting with a lot of the younger guys because of how horribly they treat one another (and everyone else for the most part). the 240sx scene has actually gotten a VERY negative view in most peoples eyes simply due to the level of disrespect that is constantly mouthed off with and the shitty attitudes a good amount of 240sx owners have. its quite sad.... but to some people, they dont want to be painted with the same brush so they move on in life.
This is something I don't understand. I don't think age has anything to do with it. I got my S13 in 2009 when I was 17, and even when I was one of those younger guys, I couldn't get along with most s chassis owners I met because of the attitude of the average generic s chassis bro; the majority were, and still are, jackasses. I used to get a lot of flak from locals because I wasn't building my car to drift, and even kept it totally stock for a good while, but not once did I consider selling my car and moving on. I just manned up and ignored it. It comes with the territory, and that's a part of cars in general, not just s chassis. That's why we have things like Zilvia to connect with other like-minded enthusiasts, and now social media if that's more up your alley.

If someone cares so much what people think of them based on the car they drive, that says more about them than it does about the community.

As for 'purists' still being around (I hate that word), there will always be a group of people building cars to a certain standard, and that sets the precedent for everyone else. Leading by example. I know I wouldn't be here if not for the efforts of those who came before me, inspiring the direction I eventually took with my car. Where would I be if I didn't pick up that magazine with Damon and Toby's cars on the cover? If they just said "Screw it" and sold their car and bought an Evo? I know a younger kid who was partly inspired by my car to start a Type X build of his own, so I helped him by answering any questions he had and directing him to who and where he can buy parts from; now he's got a pretty respectable parts collection going, and he's well on his way to a rad car. Granted, that's the exception to the rule, but I still think it's enough to help prove my point.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #50
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Replace, "purist" with "legit" and this thread makes more sense. But, having legit parts alone is only one piece of the puzzle. Execution is a huge part as well.

Super-D and Final Bout are prime examples of getting all the pieces together: style, performance, and quality.

Building cars isn't a race, yet many people seem to treat it as such.

The community of people building nice cars is still out there.

There are people who build cars and aren't whoreing themselves all over social media. So they may seem non-existant. Especially being as how forums have slowed down so much. Myself? I haven't owned a 240 for 6 years or so. But I'm still talking about cars to people all around the world in a group-chat. All the while trying to push myself to have a legit build on my newest chassis

Instant gratification is very much a thing in American society. Many American car builds are a reflection of that. That why some people seem to want the most amount of different, for the least amount of money. Or why some people rather throw power and angle at a car instead of learning how to drive it.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #51
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
At this point, I'm just happy to see cars where all the body panels match.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #52
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
For me, a purist is a guy who likes to keep everything OEM or very close to it. Somewhat almost 70% of JZA80 Supra's are in states, kinda OEM+. Very much OEM style with mods that could've been option from factory, like the TRD wing and front lip. After that, some tasteful modifications and replacing worn out stock parts with new or facelift model. Example the OEM 240SX tails look awful for me, but the Type X ones are the best on the market.

For me that S14 in the first post is NOT a purist car. It's a car from a guy who likes the -00 Japan style. Isn't that body kinda ruined for purist? The stock body lines are cutted and replaced with fiberglass. I'd say that the owner appreciates authenticity and the early 2000's Japanese style that you're seeing more and more today. It's not a bad thing at all tho! I love the style.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #53
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Pretty sure "purist" is the wrong word for what the OP was trying to convey.

Quote:
Replace, "purist" with "legit" and this thread makes more sense.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:53 PM   #54
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
What would u call a car that built with mostly top shelf jdm parts?
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #55
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
What would u call a car that built with mostly top shelf jdm parts?
Quote:
"legit"
“Top shelf” parts don’t always make a nice car. It’s all in the execution.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #56
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
“Top shelf” parts don’t always make a nice car. It’s all in the execution.
Qft
Msglengthblah
Old 12-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #57
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
The proper execution of course is a given. A great example of poor execution would be the way most formula d cars look.
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #58
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would agree purist is the wrong word. When I think of purist i think of oem. Most purist don't mod there cars if they do its factory parts like nismo, Toyota trd and so on. The ol heads down the road with old gm muscle car that's anti lsx swaps. That's what I think of purist. That pic of the s14 is what a purist hates and I love so much. My thought of a purist s14 kouki would be Jdm front with Lip, Navan skirts, Jdm kouki rear spats or what ever they called, Jdm kouki wing with a set of r35 wheels on z brakes. I love both styles when executed proper. But I'm a car guy I can appreciate any well built/put together car no matter the chassis.its all about execution/flow. Even if it's not my style
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #59
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I can relate to some of the things you guys are talking about. The s13 I own currently I purchased in 2008, I can honestly say I don't have any knockoff parts on it and have tried to put it together properly to the best of my ability. That being said it's probably one of the slowest s-chassis builds in the history of the world! The thing is though, 95% of the time the car is completely road worthy and drivable, not a tear apart and sit build. I enjoy the car immensely, and have a strong passion for these cars. I've always felt like I've been in the minority group of 240 owners, I've never once posted my car on social media, working on my 240 is just a personal hobby of mine that current trends don't influence.

The whole instant gratification thing with what seems like mostly the younger generation is so true, not to say all of them are like that though. The point that Zar made I completely agree with, people who respect and build these cars properly are out there more than most people think, and in my opinion will be the future of the s-chassis scene and the majority of owners in the not so distant future.
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #60
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
All you instant-gratified kids stay off my lawn...

All you dinosaurs fossilize already.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote