Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #1651
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Believe it or not stock s14 SE's cleared my (front, not running rears) r33 calipers with no spacers

You may have to toss on a slip-on at all worst

yeah but some people with fancy ass wheels (te's clear everything) that are O-disk and shit won't even clear z32 brakes
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #1652
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Havent been in this thread for a while, dang Damon you've been driving this thing everywhere. Looking good!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #1653
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
LOL and who makes a 4 piston rear bolt on kit for s-chassis?

There is a cheaper alternative from even going with z brakes

http://zilvia.net/f/archive-faqs/291...-calipers.html

Assuming he's an s14 5 lug assembly this should work for him too.
Ksport sells 6piston front as well as 4piston rear kits for the s13. You can check it out at enjukuracing.com. It's not cheap but you scoop them up. i'm sure i've seen kits sold by willwood and im sure they wouldn't be as expensive as ksport. If all else fails kits can be custom fitted to the s13 as well.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #1654
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Parts

Hey Greg. I don't know if you have one of these, but they're going for cheap on ebay right now. I picked up one for myself.
Tomei N2 Oil Block SR20 SR20DET S13 S14 S15 240SX | eBay
Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #1655
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Ksport sells 6piston front as well as 4piston rear kits for the s13. You can check it out at enjukuracing.com. It's not cheap but you scoop them up. i'm sure i've seen kits sold by willwood and im sure they wouldn't be as expensive as ksport. If all else fails kits can be custom fitted to the s13 as well.
So for almost 5000 dollars anyone can have huge brakes and a non functioning ebrake. Or add one of their hydro e brakes that I've read stellar reviews about on the forum and hope someone fabs a locking system for it to hold the car in place?

Bad suggestion, bolt on isn't always better my friend. Especially K-SPORT
Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #1656
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
So for almost 5000 dollars anyone can have huge brakes and a non functioning ebrake. Or add one of their hydro e brakes that I've read stellar reviews about on the forum and hope someone fabs a locking system for it to hold the car in place?

Bad suggestion, bolt on isn't always better my friend. Especially K-SPORT
I never said that it was the best route just an option. For function he should be fine with z32's but if it's for looks nothing beats 6 and 4 pistons hiding behind those TE's. As long as he isn't beating on the car, he should be fine. GReddy had a setup like this before. I know enjuku sold these a few years back but I guess they are discontinued. Personally I wouldn't run ksport but thats because I track my car and can't trust their brakes durability through a full track day.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #1657
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
I never said that it was the best route just an option. For function he should be fine with z32's but if it's for looks nothing beats 6 and 4 pistons hiding behind those TE's. As long as he isn't beating on the car, he should be fine. GReddy had a setup like this before. I know enjuku sold these a few years back but I guess they are discontinued. Personally I wouldn't run ksport but thats because I track my car and can't trust their brakes durability through a full track day.
In the end I still love you, and I love s13's so I will vicariously build one through Damon!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #1658
spectra

Trader Rating: (0)
spectra is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so apparently you love you some grams. i must say that was probibly...no no, the most baller solara on the planet. hard to say baller and solara next to each other..
spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #1659
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
In the end I still love you, and I love s13's so I will vicariously build one through Damon!
<3 moar updates on your blog sir . I forgot to mention stillin has alot of kits from AP racing that are much cheaper then and light years better then ksport. This is the route I hope to go after my wife kicks me out of the house for planning on spending over $4k in brakes alone.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #1660
aKaFlipSide

Trader Rating: (0)
aKaFlipSide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just read through the whole thread... all 56 pages.

Your car is fucking sick. Period.

And I've come to realize that I now regret getting a s14 instead of a s13. That is all.
aKaFlipSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #1661
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20drifter1 View Post
Hey Damon. I don't know if you have one of these, but they're going for cheap on ebay right now. I picked up one for myself.
Tomei N2 Oil Block SR20 SR20DET S13 S14 S15 240SX | eBay
Thanks man- I would, but I don't think I have any use for one! I had a GReddy filter relocation for a little while, but it looks cleaner with the filter in the stock location, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Ah I see, takes the parking light and makes it parking light / turn signal by adding two bulbs.
Correct. Thankfully, there is no fast blink on this car. That drives me crazy, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed180 View Post
Does it bother you that I jank to your car?
I wouldn't say it bothers me, but I feel a little bad for you man! lol.

Not sure what I'll do with the brakes, if anything. Like I said, they have plenty of stopping power for the street right now, so it's just something that might be fun to mess with down the road. I wouldn't go with K-Sport, though- you can get Stoptechs for the price of those things.

I'm sort of iffy on the Brembos from other cars thing, but I am not sure why. It's not out of the questions I guess- we'll see what happens!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #1662
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
we must agree, Damon must come to cali on the next ZOMG bbq......
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #1663
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

??????????????
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #1664
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wilwood does not directly make a 4 piston caliper kit for the rear on a s chassis. It's another company that takes the Wilwood calipers and makes an adapter kit.

But back on subject Damon you car is very well put together and you have an amazing eye for detail on your cars. Keep up the good work.
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #1665
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I wouldn't say it bothers me, but I feel a little bad for you man!
Don't feel bad for me. Feel bad for my car. She has jealousy issues

Keep up the good work, drive her 'til she implodes in a cloud of awesome, love life.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #1666
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Whew, it's been a while since I worked on this thing.

I spent most of the day today dinking around with the car. The Zeta III and the kouki 180SX rear seat have both been sold in favor of the new setup. The passenger side 180SX seat is up for grabs as well, but hasn't sold yet. I won't say what the new setup is yet, but I am pretty stoked about it. Part of the new setup is here, but the new seats are still on the way:

I started out by removing the Koyo radiator I was running and selling it earlier this week. The new GReddy radiator is ready to drop in. I was going to install my GReddy alternator pulley as well, but I don't have the collar/spacer required to use the pulley. Hopefully I can score one soon to get that installed.

Here is how the bay sits at the moment. Unfortunately, I had to move the fuse boxes back into the bay for reliability back in July. Hoping to clean this thing up a bit if I can this winter:

I then moved on to installing the new diff. I got a crazy deal on an S15 helical and decided to sell my Tomei 2 way in favor of this diff. I loved the Tomei unit, but it was overkill for a street car.

Someone thought it would be a neat idea to paint the diff housing red. Not cool. I decided to spray bomb it black before tossing it in the car:

Upon inspection of the car, I realized that the CV boot on my passenger side axle is torn and was spraying grease all over the underside of the car. I'll pick up another axle this week and toss it in to complete the install.

Next, I moved on to the suspension. I have had Cusco tension rods, traction rods, and RUCAs sitting around for a couple months now and decided to install them. I didn't have any issues with my SPC parts, but the deal on the Cusco stuff was too hard to pass up.

I don't have any replacement toe rods yet, but will probably end up ordering a set of Cusco ones to complete the set. The new seats should be here towards the end of the week, so I'll be sure to post an update when the car is back on the road!

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #1667
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
what new seats? zeros?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #1668
mitcheyismyname
Zilvia Member

mitcheyismyname is an unknown quantity at this point
Willing to sell me them SPC RUCAS ?!

Anyway, love this build. Perfect Kouki Hatch.
mitcheyismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #1669
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
what new seats? zeros?
I'm going to say BRIX II or Stradia/Gias seats...Unless he's getting rid of his Zata III...Then I have no clue...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #1670
chiboy002
Post Whore!

i know of a zeros floating around the black market. Imho it would much more suit his car if he had double reclineables, fits more to its duty

damon build another s15 like the one on the front page
Old 09-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #1671
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
your contraption on the jack for the diff interests me

i need your insider secrets
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #1672
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
what new seats? zeros?
You should really consider donating your ZEROS to the "s0ap needs a ZEROS campaign!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitcheyismyname View Post
Willing to sell me them SPC RUCAS ?!

Anyway, love this build. Perfect Kouki Hatch.
Thanks! I've got a potential buyer for all the arms now, but I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'm going to say BRIX II or Stradia/Gias seats...Unless he's getting rid of his Zata III...Then I have no clue...
Zeta III is gone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
i know of a zeros floating around the black market. Imho it would much more suit his car if he had double reclineables, fits more to its duty

A seat is one of those things that I will rock race car status, even though I have no use for it. lol. I love S15s, but not illegal cars for me. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
your contraption on the jack for the diff interests me

i need your insider secrets
Transmission jack from Harbor Freight, lol. I didn't actually use it to install the diff though. I think it might be too tall, but I dunno. it works nice as a stand to roll it around on if nothing else.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #1673
Casperjay
Leaky Injector

Casperjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice looking project!
Casperjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #1674
taran!
Leaky Injector

taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
Where did you find the s15 helical diff?
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #1675
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

Damn give me that son!!! You've got that Cuban link?

Quote:
Zeta III is gone!!
I'm listening continue....
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #1676
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by taran! View Post
They pop up on eBay, not hard to find
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #1677
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
A seat is one of those things that I will rock race car status, even though I have no use for it. lol. I love S15s, but not illegal cars for me. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!
doulbe s15 seats would be pretty damn sweet
or double brix!

what are you doing with the rear?

s15 seats make cars illegal?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #1678
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
i know of a zeros floating around the black market.
whoa i wanna see this
Old 09-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #1679
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taran! View Post
A friend was selling it from a car he parted out locally.

Quote:
doulbe s15 seats would be pretty damn sweet
or double brix!

what are you doing with the rear?

s15 seats make cars illegal?
Oh, I thought you said I should build an S15. I guess I was confused by your comment, lol. No S15 seats for me though dude.

Quote:
whoa i wanna see this
Me too!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #1680
Clutchkick Murphy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
Clutchkick Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
[QUOTE=CamryOnBronze;4244980]Whew, it's been a while since I worked on this thing.

I spent most of the day today dinking around with the car. The Zeta III and the kouki 180SX rear seat have both been sold in favor of the new setup. The passenger side 180SX seat is up for grabs as well, but hasn't sold yet. I won't say what the new setup is yet, but I am pretty stoked about it.

Hey man, its Rory, saw the seats for sale and read your thread, you're not getting the Origin CF seat delete from Touge Factory are you? I ordered one through Otaku Garage last week cuz he knows them. Should be in Tuesday. I'd be über bummed if we rocked the same setup next season
Clutchkick Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote