Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #241
jonnydanger

Trader Rating: (0)
jonnydanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

Funny, the "Tomei Expreme" little plate fell off on my mani too. Had a few problems with craking on mine last season aswell so look out for that.

Where did you get those bad ass lock nuts?
jonnydanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #242
Jlee
Zilvia Member

Jlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the rough
^^ you can get them from frsport..
FRSport Turbo Outlet 8mm (1.25pitch) Locking Head Nut
Jlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #243
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
In a controversial decision, I have decided to run a stock clutch fan instead of my electric fans I had previously. I had a lot of issues with my fans being wired poorly and switches burning up last summer, so I wanted something simple and efficient. I don't have to worry about my fan not running and the car overheating anymore.

Obviously the reason the fans didn't work was my fault, but rather than sink more money on a fan controller and have to rewire it all, I decided to keep things simple.
Ahhh GREAT decision. I honestly see no point in running E-fans unless you're really hurting for the space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:26 AM   #244
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Correct, I'm pretty sure I did get the nuts and studs from FR Sport. Bummer to hear about manifold cracking. Hopefully I have taken enough precautions to avoid it. Luckily, I got a great deal on the manifold- it would really suck if I paid full price for it and it cracked!

And yeah, I have seen a lot of pretty heavily modified SR cars running the clutch fan and shroud. I actually almost like the look better with the shroud as well, but not that it matters haha. I still need to pick up an oem shroud, I'm waiting for them to come in.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #245
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Attention to detail is killer in your build
Old 02-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #246
blackej7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
blackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
Ahhh GREAT decision. I honestly see no point in running E-fans unless you're really hurting for the space.
I do. if that thing breaks its gonna really fuck shit up under the hood. I wouldn't want to risk it... i cant say ive seen an sr fan break, but i have on other cars.

I like the build BTW, I'm in Michigan too, id love to check it out once its done!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #247
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ Sounds good- your car in your sig looks clean! Hopefully I won't run into any fan shattering issues, haha.

Well, I got two of the 17" Works sold and ordered two 18x9.5 +12s for the rear. Work USA was out of them in every color, but they should be coming in on the March container from Japan. As soon as they show up, I will have those painted with the repaired 17x9 +17 fronts so that they all match. Still leaning towards silver, but not sure yet. I also ordered tires on Thursday: Dunlops- 225/45/18 R, 215/45/17 F. Bring on the hate.

I dropped my head off at Ann Arbor Auto Machine on Thursday to be decked and have everything checked out/cleaned up. That should hopefully be back in a day or two and I can start reassembling the motor.

As for parts, my GReddy oil pan and Defi 80mm tach should be here any day now. I had NissanParts.cc order me a pair of Tomei Poncams and a Tomei coil pack cover, but I'm not sure when those will be in. As soon as I source a stock gauge cluster to gut and order my fuel level/speedometer gauges, I plan to send it all out to Toby (a.k.a. Broadfield) to build me the shell for my custom cluster. It should hopefully look like this:

It should all start falling into place soon. I'll update when the parts show up and engine reassembly begins later this week!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 12:10 PM..
Old 02-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #248
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

My 80mm Defi Tach and GReddy oil pan showed up today.

[image lost]

[image lost]

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 12:10 PM..
Old 02-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #249
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
You should try to make your OWN cluster.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #250
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I have considered it, but I don't want it to be less than perfect. I'm sure I could figure it out and make it look halfway decent, but I really want it to be flawless. I am all about doing it yourself, but I'm going to leave that one up to the man himself I think.

Shop still isn't done with the head... they said it will hopefully be ready tomorrow or Friday. I'd love to have it before the weekend so that I can get as much of the motor back together as possible.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #251
sLOW14

sLOW14 is an unknown quantity at this point
any idea when its gonna be rolling again?
sLOW14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #252
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Target is June 1st. The major holdup right now is waiting for the head to be done. I am REALLY hoping to have it back by Friday so that I can put it back on over the weekend.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #253
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Not taking away from anything Broadfield has done, but hes human, and if I know you Damon, I know you're going to get more satisfaction out of doing your own cluster man. Even if its not perfect, you will do well enough that the only person that will notice any imperfections will be you, and the end result will be a cluster that you can tell everyone is YOUR job, just like everything else on this build, you've taken it upon yourself to make sure you have a hand in every aspect of this car, and I would be disappointed in you if you didn't go all the way with this.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #254
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Point taken good sir. Hell, i still have to wire it myself. I'd be proud just for pulling that off on my own! lol...

I just got word this morning that my tires are in- unfortunately I won't have the wheels until sometime next month. I'll update as soon as the head is back from being decked!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #255
sLOW14

sLOW14 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol yeah with this weather definitely no rush. (i am chillin at MSU)
sLOW14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #256
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Oh right on man, we are pretty close then.

I got the head back from the machine shop earlier this evening! I'm going to assemble as much of the engine as I can tomorrow- I'll get some progress pics up then.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-27-2010, 05:43 AM   #257
cfreshs14

cfreshs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love reading about these build threads on Zilvia, just like this one. Keep doing the awesome work brah! It keeps me motivated with my build lol. Very great taste in parts too!
cfreshs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #258
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks!

I didn't make quite as much progress as I hoped today, but I got some stuff done:

- Got the head back from the machine shop on Friday.
- Cleaned the surface of the block.
- Installed oil pump.
- Installed water pump.
- Installed NISMO thermostat.
- Installed S14 oil pickup/gasket.
- Installed timing chain/guides.

My friend is going to take the upper oil pan in to hot tank/clean it and then we can install the upper/GReddy oil pans. After that, we will drop the head back on with the Tomei Poncams/rocker arm stoppers and the intake manifold/turbo setup. The motor should be all back together really soon!

Pics:

[image lost]

[image lost]

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 01:15 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 01:03 AM   #259
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
did your water pump come wit new studs to bolt on your pulley??
Old 02-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #260
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ No it didn't, I had to order them separately. I think the KA one comes with studs though.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #261
Olly
Zilvia Member

Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Looks great!
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #262
JacobT
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
JacobT will become famous soon enoughJacobT will become famous soon enoughJacobT will become famous soon enoughJacobT will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Build is looking great!

If you're ever across the river, let me know! We'll hook up and go cruise.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #263
airhead
Nissanaholic!

airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
yeah i herd s14 water pump comes wit studs and s13 does not owell.

also what size HG did you go with?

doing similiar build
Old 03-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #264
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ 86mm bore 1.2mm thick is what I ordered, so I think the one I got is 87mm since they give you one mm over what you order.

If you'd like, I got a pack of 8 water pump studs. You can have the other 4 if you pay shipping. Shoot me a PM and we can work it out!

Thanks for the comments, it helps me stay motivated. I'm planning to test fit the exterior stuff tomorrow, I'll snap some pics if I end up doing it!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #265
airhead
Nissanaholic!

actually i just got a pack today from the nismo shop thanks tho.

and i also have the apexi HG 87mm 1.1 they told me it would run rough/laggy with a t25

so im going to have upgrade to a 2871r or s15 t28

are you painting your block and pieces so far i painted alot of my stuff like the pullies,brakets,water hoses. its coming out pretty clean.

im still trying to find the part number for those small coolant hoses that run on the bottom of the intake manifold to the heater core i want to replaced them they look old.
if you have them lmk
Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #266
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ I have the part numbers for a couple of them- 2 of the 3. 4427 and 4374 from Auto Zone. Those are the two curved ones under the intake manifold- then you'll just need the straight one. I got the PNs from a rebuild thread on Nico- I haven't bought them yet, but they looked like a good match from the pics in that thread.

I have been painting all of the stuff I removed, but I still have brackets to paint, as well as the crank pulley. I'm going to paint the block/head when I get it all back together. As for pulleys, I picked up the GReddy ones.

My block was filthy though, so I'll finish scrubbing it and paint it silver. Planning to spray the trans too. No one will ever see it, but whatever- might as well clean/paint everything and do it right while it's all apart and snowy out anyway.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #267
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

So the car looks pretty nasty in these pics, but bear with me. I mocked everything up with zip ties and tape for the heck of it last night. Ignore the wheels/tires, those are just to transport the car to paint:

RPS13 panel, center valence, spoiler (only the panel is actually installed):

[image lost]

Ganador mirrors:

Complete OEM kouki front end:

[image lost]

[image lost]

Thanks to Russell for the parts/vinyl! haha

Dropped my floor mats into my messy/torn up interior:

Privacy cover...

Keepin' mah privacy.

Do all Ganador mirrors have a spring-loaded folding feature? Kind of cool...

[image lost]

So yeah... looks hit right now, but it should look pretty awesome in a month or two. I'm going to trailer the car out to Grand Rapids for paint sometime in late March or early April.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 12:24 PM..
Old 03-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #268
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I wrapped my door panels in black suede tonight. It sucked. I would say they are about a 7.5/10. I just gave up on them for the night and decided they are good enough. Maybe I'll redo them at some point in the future, who knows:

Of course, Chip felt obligated to "help."

One down, one to go:

Both finished:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 12:27 PM..
Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #269
borracho

borracho is an unknown quantity at this point
those panels look pretty cool man. . . wish i could do that myself
Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #270
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydanger View Post
Funny, the "Tomei Expreme" little plate fell off on my mani too. Had a few problems with craking on mine last season aswell so look out for that.
I REALLY don't like to hear these types of things as I recently bought one

Nice updates BTW...Thanks for keeping us updated...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote