Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #2401
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
10.5 inches of wheel, 9.25 inches of tire. Weksaus.
:P

and whats the reason for going with a 300 treadwear tire when you should have gotten this:
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec

STAR SPEC hommie, thats the real deal. DZ101 is just like college, entry level class 101. STAR SPEC is what you get when you graduate.

All these bars and brakes, and then you put these narrow ass tires on here? Damon, if you were a drifter i'de kinda understand.... actually, not really, I wouldnt.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #2402
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Ha, I commented on your matrix thread on the Matrix forums. I bought one a couple weeks ago, as well.

Also, Star Specs really do live up to the hype. Excellent tire, and especially good cold and wet traction.
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #2403
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
:P

and whats the reason for going with a 300 treadwear tire when you should have gotten this:
Dunlop*Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec

STAR SPEC hommie, thats the real deal. DZ101 is just like college, entry level class 101. STAR SPEC is what you get when you graduate.

All these bars and brakes, and then you put these narrow ass tires on here? Damon, if you were a drifter i'de kinda understand.... actually, not really, I wouldnt.
Yep. The next set of tires I purchase will be some Z1's.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #2404
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Z1SS are decent, I personally prefer RS-3s.

Z1SS up front, DZ101 in the rear feels awesome for drifting, however.

Damon, car is looking phenomenal!
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #2405
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Ha, I commented on your matrix thread on the Matrix forums. I bought one a couple weeks ago, as well.
lol, that's awesome! I was trying to put together who that was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
Z1SS are decent, I personally prefer RS-3s.

Z1SS up front, DZ101 in the rear feels awesome for drifting, however.

Damon, car is looking phenomenal!
Thanks man! Hopefully all of your hard work is going to pay off with a cool looking car if I ever finish this thing, lol.

Tossed one on last night. I should have the rear on the ground Saturday after I install the new exhaust and bleed the brakes. My temporary front wheels won't be here until Tuesday or so, so I won't be able to cruise this weekend.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #2406
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Please leave the windows untinted forever.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #2407
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ Noted sir, lol.

I had a pretty cool weekend chilling with Kyle. It didn't go all that well car-wise, though.

The first order of business was bleeding the brakes. When I attempted to do so, I had fluid leaks from several locations. After trying to solve the issue and having brake fluid all over my freshly painted bay, I decided that the Chase Bays booster delete was not for me. I had been on the fence about daily driving the car without a booster, so this sort of pushed me over the edge.

I am confident that the issue could have easily been solved with some work, but I made the decision to give up a little bit of engine bay bling/space and run the factory brake booster. I am purchasing a Z32 BMC today to run with my factory booster, and will be making my own lines to run in the interior. It will take a bit of engineering that I am not used to, but I am confident that I can make it happen.

After the brake fiasco, we decided to just toss the front spacers/wheel studs on the car and sit it on the ground for kicks. My set of temporary Blitz 03s arrived on Saturday, so we had tires mounted on the 17x9 +41 pair and were going to use those up front. While installing the last extended stud, I stripped the spline on the hub. Bummer. Again, I could have fixed this with some more effort- but we decided to just call it a weekend and cruise around in Kyle's car.

I spent Monday removing the Chase Bays kit and repainting my brake booster for re-installation. I will pick up some new hard lines this week and go to work on installing the new setup. With any luck, I will have it back on the road soon.

Here are some snaps I took from the weekend:

The tire is touching the fender. I need to clean up my pull a little (won't be pulling it any further) and crank dat a tiny bit more. I can't wait until the fronts are done...

Needs a bath...

Getting an idea of what the ARC coil pack cover will be like with the new valve cover. I also finally got all of my black couplers installed.

My temporary pair of front wheels were spray bombed black when I got them, so Kyle and I spent some time on saturday stripping them down to raw material. If my fronts end up taking a lot longer to be done, I will probably spend some time hand polishing these. We'll see though- it will be a lot of work for a pair of wheels that I will end up selling before the end of the summer.

Not a lot of free time over the next week or so, but hopefully I can get this thing back together soon. It's always something...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #2408
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Im sorry to hear the the weekend didnt go as planned sir, the brake booster delete fiasco sure sucks, did the fluid do any damage to the paint or were you quick on clean-up?

The wheels look good though, it was a risky jump but the 03s do look nice! How do you plan on going about the polishing of the wheels? Orbital buffer and polishing compound?

BTW, everytime I see your car I want to sell my coupe and go back to a Type-X hatch. I hate you.
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #2409
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganNastyMachine View Post
How do you plan on going about the polishing of the wheels? Orbital buffer and polishing compound?
Polishing something that is the raw finish of cast aluminum takes several steps through sandpaper grits. For example you might start around 64 and remove all the casting "pores" then go to 120 and remove all of the 64 grit scratches, then 220 and remove all of the 120 scratches, etc. You could maybe get away with using a DA for these first few grits provided the tool would "fit" inside the wheel crevices. You'd switch to wet-sanding by hand around 400 grit and work your way up to 2000, then use a polishing compound.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #2410
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Polishing something that is the raw finish of cast aluminum takes several steps through sandpaper grits. For example you might start around 64 and remove all the casting "pores" then go to 120 and remove all of the 64 grit scratches, then 220 and remove all of the 120 scratches, etc. You could maybe get away with using a DA for these first few grits provided the tool would "fit" inside the wheel crevices. You'd switch to wet-sanding by hand around 400 grit and work your way up to 2000, then use a polishing compound.
Word! I guess it was kind of a dumb question really. I should have known that! *Duh

Alot of work for wheels that will be replaced by the end of the summer but Im assuming thats the cost of looking good. Im anticipating seeing the fenders pulled and the car rolling again. I love the attention to detail in these two cars. Very nice hatches.

Keep it up!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #2411
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
daaang all that car stuff is unfortunate....still looks good, getting closer to being done. and kyle's car is cleeeeean.
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #2412
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
After reading that essay, i can only remember how much case bays shit sucks pol

Goo luck getting it back on the road!
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #2413
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Chase Bays isnt looking to good right now
Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #2414
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Like I said, it could have been due to user install error on my part. My Chase Bays power steering kit does not have any issues with leaking thus far. The portion that leaked the most was the master/reservoir, which is a Wilwood product. That's just a hose clamp on there- not sure how that portion could be user error. Just seems like a poor design to me honestly...

I am waiting on my new exhaust, front hubs, and Z32 master to arrive right now- so I can't really make any progress until next week at the earliest. I will probably try to make the brake lines this week if I can find the time, though. Summer just keeps slipping away before it even arrives! lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #2415
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Summer just keeps slipping away before it even arrives! lol.
So true! Agree 110%
Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #2416
boostedk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
boostedk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sick build i been following it , keep it up man !!
boostedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #2417
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
That's just a hose clamp on there- not sure how that portion could be user error.
Was the rubber o-ring still on the Wilwood MC?

Quote:
Final rear specs are now 18x10.5 +20. I'll be running a Dunlop DZ101 235/40/18 out back.
Damn, you are inching closer and closer to being able to post in the stretch thread I thought my front 245's on 9.5's were iffy Oh well, I predicted I would lose you to the stretch crew someday anyway.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #2418
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah, it's been a losing battle for me for a while now. lol.

And yeah, the O-ring was still on there. Very strange. Like I said though, no animosity to Chase Bays or anything. I've just been iffy on this for a while and the extra effort to sort out pushed me to the simpler solution. With the stress of a baby potentially arriving any day now, I just want this thing on the road and out of my hair. One less thing to worry about, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #2419
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage time may slow down a bit for a few yrs but its cool when they hit about 4ish yrs old and want to work on the car with you. Its like having a little buddy to hand you tools when you're under the car.
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #2420
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Please leave the windows untinted forever.
nooooooooooooo.
I will say I'm not a Huge tint fan, and do not plan on tinting my S14 or any other of my cars (sometimes to Ghetto/Gangster/Murda)..but with your wheels now,blk colored car,smooth criminal - Tint IMO will set it off. Though I know you have Rules up there about that. Bend them....damn near Break them off.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #2421
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
wheels look nice installed. engine bay looks real nice too.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #2422
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
I have 15% tint. I like it. If I could go back in time I'd probably get 20% though.

Having no tint is a little bit silly. If you want to retain the appearance of no tint they have 100% and will still protect the interior from harmful UV rays (not to mention will keep inside temps down.) A must needed addition to my car since I'm in FL with no A/C... LOL.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #2423
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
wheels look nice installed. engine bay looks real nice too.
No negatives? wtf. you are slipping.

anyways, this car would benefit from full LED lighting.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #2424
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I have 15% tint. I like it. If I could go back in time I'd probably get 20% though.

Having no tint is a little bit silly. If you want to retain the appearance of no tint they have 100% and will still protect the interior from harmful UV rays (not to mention will keep inside temps down.) A must needed addition to my car since I'm in FL with no A/C... LOL.
I don't know how you do it, the summers are crazy in Florida. I made sure to get my a/c running once I got my SR in. Especially since I95 became a 4 lane with the 2 inside lanes becoming Sunpass lanes. Stop and go is a constant now a days.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #2425
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
I don't know how you do it, the summers are crazy in Florida. I made sure to get my a/c running once I got my SR in. Especially since I95 became a 4 lane with the 2 inside lanes becoming Sunpass lanes. Stop and go is a constant now a days.
Yeah, I guess I have a high tolerance for heat. The only time I'm bitching at myself for not having A/C installed is, A) when its raining outside and its still 100 degrees out and my windows start to fog up, or B) when there's a traffic jam in the middle of the day.

But over the years these events don't happen often enough for me to buckle down and install A/C.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #2426
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I drove down and picked up Daoud's old DMAX hood yesterday, after giving up my dream of a KP hood and failing to convince Collin to sell me his- LOL. Drove home with it on the roof of our Highlander.

Crappy cell pics- hood is not latched right now:

I am going to remove the hood pins and fiberglass the holes shut, then add my own pins to the front area of the hood. I will also be having the hood painted black instead of the raw carbon fiber. I'll keep the stock hood as well and will probably switch off back and forth from time to time. I think it has the potential to look really cool with the wheels when the fronts are done, though.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #2427
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Needs R33 vents and license plate cut to work with that hood.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #2428
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

Thats it, you own my favorite S-Chassis on this forum.

Thumbs up sir, your car is inspirational.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #2429
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This thing is getting RAD! This is one of my favorite builds on this forum!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #2430
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Stock hood looks WWWAAAAAAYYYYYY better on your car.