Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:54 PM   #3451
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I've followed this thread since the beginning and love everything you have done! I've owned a black 93 hatch for the past 10 years and your car has always been an ispiration to me. Finally got to see your car in person last year at final bout and again this year at special stage, that was really cool to me!!! So just dropping by your thread to say great work!!!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2016, 06:51 AM   #3452
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
How did the car perform on the trip? Any subtle hiccups?
Navigating downtown Chicago is always a bit stressful in this car, but fortunately I was able to survive the large speed tables near my brother's neighborhood with the OEM aero on there. I am not sure my Hot Road bumper would have lived to see another day.

Aside from some slight rubbing on one front tire and one rear tire on the trip up for Final Bout I've had zero issues thankfully! Those were corrected before my second trip up to US Air in September. I've got a power steering leak that I need to address this winter but for the most part this summer has truly been problem free with this car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
I've followed this thread since the beginning and love everything you have done! I've owned a black 93 hatch for the past 10 years and your car has always been an ispiration to me. Finally got to see your car in person last year at final bout and again this year at special stage, that was really cool to me!!! So just dropping by your thread to say great work!!!
It still means a lot to hear things like this from people, even after the years I have been dinking around with this car. Really appreciate that!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:39 AM   #3453
jbcm12

Trader Rating: (0)
jbcm12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've used my free time for the past few days to read this build, it had its up and downs but def worth the read. Thanks for an amazing build
jbcm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #3454
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcm12 View Post
I've used my free time for the past few days to read this build, it had its up and downs but def worth the read. Thanks for an amazing build
Appreciate the kind words. Definitely been a ride over the years haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 10-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #3455
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I feel you on about the Chicago streets. Downtown is okay for the most part, it is the facade for the rest of the city. But once start going through neighborhoods and find speedbumps its game over. When I had my 240 I absolutely hated going home. My street has two really nasty speed bumps that pretty much every car has to stop completely before traversing. I had to enter through a sidestreet and back up into my street and to leave I had to go against a 1-way XD lol. What brought you to Chicago? You said visiting your brother? What area?
Old 10-31-2016, 09:53 AM   #3456
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
I feel you on about the Chicago streets. Downtown is okay for the most part, it is the facade for the rest of the city. But once start going through neighborhoods and find speedbumps its game over. When I had my 240 I absolutely hated going home. My street has two really nasty speed bumps that pretty much every car has to stop completely before traversing. I had to enter through a sidestreet and back up into my street and to leave I had to go against a 1-way XD lol. What brought you to Chicago? You said visiting your brother? What area?
Yeah it's rough. He is in Wicker Park. We end up there a couple times a year to visit!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-06-2016, 04:02 PM   #3457
Teh Luckinator
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Teh Luckinator is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hi damon, i logged into zilvia for the first time in like 5 years so i can say it's lit

IT'S LIT
More than Lucky lives in stockton?
Teh Luckinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #3458
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sub'd to this awesome build.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #3459
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh luckinator View Post
hi damon, i logged into zilvia for the first time in like 5 years so i can say it's lit

it's lit
H.V.G
gang gang gang
Old 06-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #3460
Unit 02

Unit 02 is an unknown quantity at this point
super clean as ever!
Unit 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #3461
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Finally got the car back together and on the road again for the season. I ended up getting my old mercury silver TE37s back that I had in 2011 and they have hardly been used since I sold them- pretty cool! Since last fall I have changed the wheels, installed black Bride Brix and Maxis seats along with some new carpet, put some Defi Link meter II gauges back in the dash, picked up another NeXt Miracle cross bar, and tossed on another pair of Ganadors.

Basically a lot of modifications I have done several times over the years. I'm thinking it's finally time to leave this thing alone, lol. I know most prefer the bronze TEs to the silver, but I am stoked on the car right now. It just feels like home.

Just need to sort out a pesky power steering leak and get an alignment- then I should be set for the season pending any issues that arise along the way.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #3462
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
2011 Style = Best style

Glad to see the TE's are back!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #3463
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Looks really nice! I like the silver a lot.

That Dale Jr. Monte Carlo though.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #3464
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Need to cut your grass homie, -1 street cred! Lol
Old 06-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #3465
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Damnnnn Damon, back at it again! lol
Old 06-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #3466
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Perfect! (after some PDR :P)
Old 06-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #3467
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
2011 Style = Best style

Glad to see the TE's are back!
Thank you sir- pretty excited I found them. I think I like them more this time around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Looks really nice! I like the silver a lot.

That Dale Jr. Monte Carlo though.
Thanks! And lol, people always comment on that thing. Pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13driftnut View Post
Need to cut your grass homie, -1 street cred! Lol
Man, it has been so dry! I don't want to waste time cutting it when most of it hasn't even grown. Probably will this weekend though, lol- it looks rough for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
Damnnnn Damon, back at it again! lol
lol ughhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanS14 View Post
Perfect! (after some PDR :P)
Funny, it has been on my to do list since 2008. I always think I'll fix it "someday" when I paint the car. Now that I have kids though it probably makes sense to wait a while. It's constantly getting hit with bikes and toys in the garage, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #3468
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's seriously perfection! I am a bronze TE guy but this looks so right!
Old 07-31-2017, 02:28 PM   #3469
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Serge View Post
Thank you! I will always love bronze TEs, but the silver is a neat contrast with the black paint.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Broken Links Restored

Zilvia has been making me feel nostalgic lately. I had some downtime, so I decided to go back through my build thread and fix nearly all of the broken images that have popped up over the last couple years. Using Image Shack early on was a mistake. Everything should be more or less restored now in the unlikely event that anyone wants to come here and read through it all. Build threads are really important to me and a great source of motivation, so I wanted to restore it as best I could. I also did the same thing with the broken images on my blog.

As for changes to my S13, I don't have much to report since my last update! I've been cruising around town in the car when I have the chance to and drive it nearly every day. Aside from waxing it and tinkering a little bit, I haven't made any real changes. This year will be a relatively slow season for road trips since I don't like to bring my wife in this thing while she is pregnant- it just feels a bit unsafe and irresponsible, haha. Our third daughter will likely be born in the next few weeks, so I won't be able to take the car up to Shawano, Wisconsin for Final Bout this year. I've decided not to really spend any money on the car for the rest of the year since it won't be driven much anyway.

Maybe I'll be able to add some cool stuff in the spring, but there isn't much I am after right now. I keep debating painting and installing my N1 ducts, but I can nevr really commit. Any thoughts? I think they look best with a vented hood, which I don't currently have at the moment.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 07-31-2017, 04:49 PM   #3470
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
do ettttttt

incentive to buy back that hot road hood hahaha
Old 07-31-2017, 07:09 PM   #3471
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
do the N1 vents, if you dont like it, we can trade bumpers.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:37 PM   #3472
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I'd just buy a spare bumper to run N1 vents on, so swapping back & forth is easier.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:47 AM   #3473
a13x.
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
a13x. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Serge View Post
100%

I would agree that N1 vents look best in addition of a vented hood but they look cool with oem too, specially when you have the plate off.

However your car looks perfect as is, so maybe keep them because they are getting rare now. $$$
a13x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #3474
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
do ettttttt

incentive to buy back that hot road hood hahaha
lol, that's true. I don't contemplate that as much as I used to these days though. OEM is pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
do the N1 vents, if you dont like it, we can trade bumpers.
I'll keep it in mind JY, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
I'd just buy a spare bumper to run N1 vents on, so swapping back & forth is easier.
That's the ideal solution, but I can't spend the money on that at the moment. Maybe someday, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a13x. View Post
100%

I would agree that N1 vents look best in addition of a vented hood but they look cool with oem too, specially when you have the plate off.

However your car looks perfect as is, so maybe keep them because they are getting rare now. $$$
Thanks man. They're definitely harder to come by now as last I heard Nissan had discontinued them, but who knows. RHD Japan seems to still be able to get them at about $450 for a pair shipped to the states. Pretty crazy. I should probably hold onto them, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #3475
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Well, just like that the season has ended her in Michigan. We got our first show showers on Monday and I removed insurance off of the car to put it into storage for the winter. It's always a bummer when this time of year rolls in, but it makes me appreciate the car that much more in the spring.

My third daughter ended up being born a bit over two weeks early and my wife graciously allowed me to drive the car to Wisconsin for Final Bout III. I had a great time and thankfully the car did not miss a beat on the trip.

Last month my wife and I drove the car to Northern Michigan for a quick weekend getaway to see the fall colors. The weather took an unfortunate turn and it was very cold and rainy, but we still had a good time. I was reminded once again that my car does not have heat, which is very annoying on the few drives we take together in the late fall. We also had some unfortunate issues with water getting into the car. I thought I had sealed the floor up well from my previously installed roll cage, but there must still be other areas where water is getting in. I also dealt with both front wheel bearings going bad on the trip- one before we left that I replaced the night before we departed, and the second on the way home. Both of those have now been replaced.

I also installed a pair of GoodRide Garage fender braces on the front before the trip. Pretty cool piece!

I was pretty bummed on the car after arriving home as it was probably the filthiest it has ever been. But after taking a few days off, I was able to gain the motivation to remove and dry the carpet, wash the interior and exterior, and replace the faulty wheel bearing. Unfortunately, I also discovered that the rust along the windshield has gotten worse and needs to be addressed during the off season.

Part of me wanted to start from scratch and try to find a cleaner chassis- or even purchase an imported 180SX. At this point though I have probably come too far with this car to do either of those things.

For now, the plan for this winter is simple- restoration before further modification. My hope is to replace a number OEM trim pieces and weather stripping, have the rust on the roof repaired and the windshield replaced, and seal all of the holes in the floor. I will likely then coat the interior with Lizard Skin to prevent heat and noise from entering the cabin like they do now.

I also decided to convert back to OEM brake hard lines and reinstall my HVAC system. A friend was parting out an S13 at his shop locally and allowed me to come out and remove the items myself so that I could document how to reinstall them.

Life is crazy as always, but I am hoping to make some progress on the car soon. My goal is to accomplish things in waves to not tear the car down too much this winter. I want to be sure it is ready to go as soon as the weather breaks this spring- which is not something I always do a great job at. We'll see how this goes!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #3476
MattDuqueBMX

MattDuqueBMX is an unknown quantity at this point
So glad this thread is still being continued. Loved this car since 2009.
MattDuqueBMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #3477
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Great to see you're still driving it! I'll mimic Matt's post above, it's been a staple of what a clean 240 should be forever!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #3478
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You got some pretty solid goals. If you ever need an extra hand, Im only 15 mins away
Old 11-07-2017, 06:58 AM   #3479
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDuqueBMX View Post
So glad this thread is still being continued. Loved this car since 2009.
Dang, thank you! I feel kind of lame still updating it sometimes since forum traffic has slowed a lot- and so has the amount of time I spend on the car. But it's still fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Great to see you're still driving it! I'll mimic Matt's post above, it's been a staple of what a clean 240 should be forever!
Means a lot, thank you for the kind words good sir.

Quote:
You got some pretty solid goals. If you ever need an extra hand, Im only 15 mins away
Thanks man!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #3480
lilpiton
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
lilpiton is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hey man it was good talking to you via txt today... I decided to check back on my favorite build thread and see the status or the car. You mentioned that you’ve been working on the car this winter and we are all excited to see how things are going. We should definitely meet up sometime in the near future. I got a few buddy’s with some nice s14’s.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilpiton is offline   Reply With Quote