Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #3001
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
oh... i was talking about your 240

(jk)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #3002
RocketOgre
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
RocketOgre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nothing wrong with changing things up every now and then. I feel you would have been happier in Nissan's AWD turbo offering, but hey, kids can put those kind of toys out of the the price range.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #3003
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you get your evo yet?
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #3004
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Can't believe how fast the time goes- I was told by pretty much everyone that it would go fast, but it's crazy when you experience it for yourself.
This right here is so true. My nephew is 2 1/2 and it seems like last week he was a newborn. Now he has a new little brother (2 1/2 weeks old) and they are both growing up way to fast for me. I never believed it before those 2 little guys
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #3005
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketOgre View Post
Nothing wrong with changing things up every now and then. I feel you would have been happier in Nissan's AWD turbo offering, but hey, kids can put those kind of toys out of the the price range.
Yeah man, I don't make half the cost of one of those in a year, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscooper View Post
you get your evo yet?
I did actually. Post incoming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_This View Post
This right here is so true. My nephew is 2 1/2 and it seems like last week he was a newborn. Now he has a new little brother (2 1/2 weeks old) and they are both growing up way to fast for me. I never believed it before those 2 little guys
Totally crazy for sure!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #3006
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Awaiting pictures. VIII or IX?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #3007
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
VIII

Well, here it is! I managed to find an Evo that I was happy with...

I am the third owner of this car. It's a 2003 and I picked it up from a town West of Illinois with exactly 69,000 miles on the clock a week ago yesterday. The guy I bought it from has another VIII and built this one for his fiance to drive, but things didn't work out and he needed to sell the car. He owned it for a year and only drove it about 1,000 miles in that time span. Here are the current modifications:

AMS Intake (Vibrant/K&N)
AMS Downpipe, Resonated Test Pipe
Megan Catback Exhaust, O2 Housing
Precision 880cc injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump
ETS LICP, FMIC
Evo IX BOV
Forge MBC
Exedy Twin HD Clutch (Less than 500 miles)
GSC S1 Cams
Skunk2 Lowering springs
DEPO JDM Tails
XXR 527 Wheels
20% Tint
AEM Analog Wideband
Defi Boost Gauge

Before him it was owned by a doctor who also had a GTR and some sort of BMW. He only used it as a weekend car and it has never seen a winter from what I understand, so I almost feel bad driving it year-round in Michigan. I'm planning to take the necessary precautions to keep it as nice as I can though!

I like the cams and fuel system mods, so those should stay put. I'll be replacing the full exhaust, wheels, tail lights, and gauges for sure though. I'm picking up some stock wheels and snow tires this week and selling the XXR wheels and current tires. I'll be removing the tint soon as well.

Overall the car seems to run really well. I am pretty happy with the condition of everything, but there are a few things I need to address. It seems to have the heater control mechanism issue that many 03s had, so ironically the heat doesn't work very well right now in the car. I ordered the revised gears and control cable last week, so I should hopefully have the time to fix that by the end of the week. The trim around the shifter was painted black and the cig lighter/ash tray are missing, so those items are on order as well.

The gauges will be removed from the column (drives me insane lol) and the great Toby is going to make a center bezel setup for me with my Defi gauges from the 240. It'll probably take a while for him to fab that up though. I'm planning to do coilovers and wheels, but will probably wait until the spring to install those items. No sense in getting them all salty this winter if I don't need to.

Anyway, I really like the car so far! I think everyone expects this build to be insane like my 240 was, but I can't afford to go that wild on such an expensive car. I'll for sure add some goodies to it and clean things up a bit, but it's going to be a slow process.

Here are some quick snaps of the car I took this morning before I left to plate and register it:

Thanks for reading! I'll do a quick blurb about the story of bringing the car home in the next post.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #3008
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I left Sunday morning at 7 AM and drove out to my brother's house in downtown Chicago. It was super foggy out when I left, but fortunately it cleared up about an hour or so into the drive.

There's a road in there somewhere...

Took the skyway on accident lol:

Chi-City:

The express lanes of I-94 were shut down going into downtown, and there were two cars sitting on their sides in the middle of the freeway. Looked super sketchy. After visiting with my brother for a bit, we set out on the hour or so drive out to the country to pick up the car in St. Charles. When we pulled in, Justin was outside cleaning up the bay and going over a few things. Super nice dude, and the car drove and looked great. I found out about the heater issue, which was a bit of a bummer, but for sure not worth backing out on the car over. We chatted for a while and loaded things up, did the paperwork, etc and I was on the way!

Signing the paperwork:

I met up with my best bro Kyle (King of Red 2012) in Naperville for lunch before hitting the road for the 5 hour drive home to Michigan:

Michigan Welcome Center:

The car never missed a beat on the way home, and I averaged 26 MPG, so I was pretty stoked about that. Much better than I anticipated from one of these cars. About an hour from home, I spotted two deer running from the median across the freeway about ten car lengths in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and steered towards their path to the right hand side shoulder. No idea why I went that way instead of left, but I am so glad I did. I somehow managed to split between the two deer and neither of them hit the car. I thought for sure if I cleared the one on the right, the one on the left would slam her head into the back door.

I glanced in the mirror and saw headlights and deer parts splattering everywhere. I am guessing there were others crossing as I went through that weren't so lucky. I grabbed second gear and dropped the hammer to get the heck out of there before I got rear ended. Very, VERY fortunate to make it home with the car and myself in one piece. Stupid deer!

Home safe and sound in the garage:

Poor 240, lol:

Excited to get to work on making this thing my own! Parts should be showing up soon.

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #3009
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
I wouldn't expect anything less in how clean it is

How does it compare speed wise to the 40?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #3010
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
^^ ridiculously faster im assuming since he only had a t28 set up, anyway awesome damon really really liking the evo, hopefully its really what you wanted, insanely clean in and out. I had a quick question, when you had to bend your ebrake brackets on the s13 how did you do it?
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #3011
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
I wouldn't expect anything less in how clean it is

How does it compare speed wise to the 40?
It's a bit hard to tell, but it feels quicker to me for some reason. I'll have to take it out to the drag strip for the hell of it in the spring and see what it traps. Granted, I won't be launching it like I did the 240, lol. But I am terrible at drag racing anyway, so it shouldn't matter too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
^^ ridiculously faster im assuming since he only had a t28 set up, anyway awesome damon really really liking the evo, hopefully its really what you wanted, insanely clean in and out. I had a quick question, when you had to bend your ebrake brackets on the s13 how did you do it?
Thanks man, I am liking it a lot so far. As for the brackets, I just hit them with a dead blow hammer until they cleared the driveshaft, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #3012
future
Post Whore!

I would not expect it to be much faster if anything. They are heavy and if you cath a evo out of boost its game over. That engine lives on boost
Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #3013
forgotten
Leaky Injector

forgotten is an unknown quantity at this point
i may be missed it while reading, but what are you doing with the s13 chassis?
forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #3014
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Nice pickup dude,
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #3015
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

wow man awesome! i love the rally red! my fav color of them! glad you found one man im sure you'll make it bad ass!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #3016
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Ah it's nice to see you're new ride!

I can't wait to see what you have planned!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #3017
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
I miss my Evo every day, spendy cars but absolutely worth it. I really won't be surprised when the 240 sits and is ignored while you start building the Evo. You say you just want to drive it and leave it, but trust me, you won't be able to. They're just too damn fun and too damn easy to mod.
vehicle336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #3018
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
is it bad that i kind of want an evo now? ive always had a soft spot in my heart for them, and now seeing how nice yours is makes me want one even more.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #3019
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
looks great damon

but those wheels... c'mon man

throw them in the garbage or something lol

in all seriousness, good luck with everything and the evo should be a lot of fun
Old 11-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #3020
future
Post Whore!

Here you go, to start your build http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/49040...-so-cheap.html
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #3021
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

haha, thanks guys. I've got some goodies on the way already... ugh lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten View Post
i may be missed it while reading, but what are you doing with the s13 chassis?
It's been parted out to about 95% stock. A good friend of mine is coming to see it this weekend and make arrangements to bring her to her new home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
looks great damon

but those wheels... c'mon man

throw them in the garbage or something lol

in all seriousness, good luck with everything and the evo should be a lot of fun
haha, thanks man. The wheels are killing me. Picking up stock wheels tonight and snow tires in the morning, so they should be gone by tomorrow!

I didn't have a lot of time last night. All I managed to do was swap the tail lights back to stock (until Russell gets his Evo VII tails in next month for me) and pick up my revised climate control gears and cable. Will be good to have that problem corrected:

Forgot to take a pic of the tails, but they are ugly anyway lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #3022
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

what wheels are you planing on picking up?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #3023
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I've always been a fan of the EVO, but I absolutely cannot stand the blue seats. Subaru did a similar thing and ruined the STI when they did that hideous blue interior. Oh well, I'm sure your seats won't be around long.

I wish my 12' STI got 26mpg on the interstate...
Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #3024
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I mean, its cool and clean and all, but I guess I'll just wait a couple years for it to get parted out because you had a kid or 2 more and then it will be as unpractical as your 240. Like I said, minivans bro, just start there and you'll never have to part it out. just saying.....
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #3025
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I like it. Wheel plans?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #3026
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I've always been a fan of the EVO, but I absolutely cannot stand the blue seats. Subaru did a similar thing and ruined the STI when they did that hideous blue interior. Oh well, I'm sure your seats won't be around long.

I wish my 12' STI got 26mpg on the interstate...
Yeah, the blue is not ideal. But oh well I guess, haha. Maybe I can do MR seats or something down the road to get rid of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
I mean, its cool and clean and all, but I guess I'll just wait a couple years for it to get parted out because you had a kid or 2 more and then it will be as unpractical as your 240. Like I said, minivans bro, just start there and you'll never have to part it out. just saying.....
*Impractical. And that's why we have a Highlander- for kid hauling. I don't NEED this to cart kids around, but I want to at least have the option when I'd like to bring everyone along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscooper View Post
what wheels are you planing on picking up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
I like it. Wheel plans?
Hoping for something from RAYS CO. Should be ordering by the end of December if things go my way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up stock wheels and some junk tires last night:

Picking up some stock lugs tonight, selling the XXRs, and having some new snow tires put on tomorrow morning. It will be nice to have that out of the way. Here's a quick shot with the stock tails back on, lol:

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #3027
Jlugo711
Leaky Injector

Jlugo711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Yeah, the blue is not ideal. But oh well I guess, haha. Maybe I can do MR seats or something down the road to get rid of that.

Hoping for something from RAYS CO. Should be ordering by the end of December if things go my way.
Going with RAYS CO. Wheels?.. might as well buy a Sparco or a Bride!
Jlugo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #3028
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #3029
Jlugo711
Leaky Injector

Jlugo711 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess the wan face didn't set the joke off the way I thought it would.

Anyways... the Recaros would be sweet!
Jlugo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #3030
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlugo711 View Post
Going with RAYS CO. Wheels?.. might as well buy a Sparco or a Bride!

well there we go folks!

and nice man, should be a fun toy and will look great im sure!