Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #601
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
haha, don't do it man! The money pit NEVER ends, no matter how legitimately you try to build it, haha. Thanks!

Yeah man, crashing at your place would be AWESOME! I think my friend Shane might be with me as well with one of his 240s- Shoot me a PM and we can try to get everything all squared away. Really appreciate the hospitality! Good to hear about the Power FC, hope it shows up soon for you. I think I have a set of 740cc injectors secured to use, but yeah- then my tune will be off. So I am not sure what I am going to do yet to get out there. I'm looking into options for getting it retuned in time right now... we'll see what happens!
Hey Damon. I hope you make it next week end at Toby's BBQ. I'm almost in the same situation. One of my tires blew up. I bought a different set last week. I hope I receive them before the week end, so I can get them balanced and also get a alignment before the trip.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #602
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ Thanks man, good luck to you! I am still planning to make it at this point- I got the car back on the road today. It's going in for a tune adjustment for the new injectors tomorrow, and then hopefully it will be ready to rock! I hope you get yours sorted out as well!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #603
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20drifter1 View Post
Hey Damon. I hope you make it next week end at Toby's BBQ. I'm almost in the same situation. One of my tires blew up. I bought a different set last week. I hope I receive them before the week end, so I can get them balanced and also get a alignment before the trip.
Quote:
^ Thanks man, good luck to you! I am still planning to make it at this point- I got the car back on the road today. It's going in for a tune adjustment for the new injectors tomorrow, and then hopefully it will be ready to rock! I hope you get yours sorted out as well!
If either one of you have one more issue that could potentially keep you from the cookout, I'm gonna slap both of ya!

It sounds like both of you have it under control though!

See ya at the cookout!

p.s. Damon, Ill be calling you tonight.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #604
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hope to build an S13 hatch like your's one day!!! Those work wheels really set your car off btw!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #605
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
^ Thanks!

So, time for an update... this damn car! :lol: My friend forgot the Tomei diff at his work over the long weekend while I was out in GR to hang out and get it, so I wasn't able to install it. However, I had a tuning appointment last night, so I needed a diff to get there. I helped my friend Greg remove his open diff/six bolt axles on Labor Day and put my old VLSD/axles in his car. Thankfully, Greg was cool enough to let me borrow his open diff so that I could get to my tuning appointment.

I also picked up some NISMO 555cc injectors from another friend over the weekend and installed those. I needed to solder the stock clips back in as well, since I am no longer running the deatschwerks injectors. I took the car back to Matt at Monkey Wrench again last night and had the car retuned for the new, smaller injectors. He said that the NISMOs were actually opening/closing faster, so the tune was actually richer at mid throttle with those installed. In the end, I made the same numbers and am only at 80% duty cycle, so the car is back on the road and feels great!

I decided to throw the 180SX driver's seat in as well to try it out yesterday. It looks pretty cool, but I threw the Zeta III back in last night. I like the seating position a lot better, and I fit well with a helmet on- everything is nicer overall with the Bride, aside from climbing in and out, haha.

So yeah, that's the current status- it's great to be driving the car yet again! Everything is pretty much ready for my trip down to Toby's BBQ in Normal, IL this weekend. I just need to drill relief holes in my fuse box covers to keep them from filling up with water again, since rain is in the forecast for Saturday. I'll have some new pics after this weekend! I'm hoping to throw the Tomei in and hit the drag strip next Wednesday as well, but we'll see how that goes...

Oh, and I made the top 4 in the Wiring Specialties Contest! Here is a link to the voting page once again:

WS Harness Set RAFFLE - FINAL 4 !!!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:47 PM..
Old 09-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #606
310R
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
310R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up

Voted for you bro car is sick,have the same kind of build going on.Let me know if you want to let that 180sx drivers seat go?
310R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #607
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i just casted my vote for u...love the build!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #608
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Voted para tu
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #609
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks for the votes guys!

Snapped some new pics yesterday. Just realized my position light is out... FAIL! lol

Leaving for the Broadfield BBQ in the morning! This will be the longest trip I have taken in this car, so I hope everything goes smoothly!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:49 PM..
Old 09-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #610
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
jizz-jizz-jizz

good shit dude! I <3 this car. This is the second car I show to people when I want them to see the cleanest built/kept 240--without lots of fabrication--first being broadfields coupe.

That's gonna be a fun drive! Good Luck! Can't wait to see the rolling pics!
lightsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #611
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsource View Post
jizz-jizz-jizz

good shit dude! I <3 this car. This is the second car I show to people when I want them to see the cleanest built/kept 240--without lots of fabrication--first being broadfields coupe.

That's gonna be a fun drive! Good Luck! Can't wait to see the rolling pics!
Does that mean you would pay Damon and I top dollar for a group shot of our cars?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #612
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Those snaps look great!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #613
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Does that mean you would pay Damon and I top dollar for a group shot of our cars?
haha, YES!

Thanks a lot guys. Unfortunately it is supposed to rain on my drive down tomorrow... here's to hoping that I don't have another water, fuse box incident, lol. I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight worrying about making it down there- crossing my fingers she's good to me!

And thanks lightsource, that means a lot- I am kind of bummed to see Toby's car in person, because I know it will make mine look like crap, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #614
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa..if kent sees this post hes going to murder me.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #615
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa..if kent sees this post hes going to murder me.
LOL! Uhhh dude, did you forget about this pic? DONE!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #616
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
If you've got an expensive DSLR and I can handle the camera? ABSOLUTELY!

I have plans with my buddy to drive up to Normal (when I get my car tuned correctly for it's first mid/cross country drive) to get some fabrication done to our cars by you.

Quote:
haha, YES!

Thanks a lot guys. Unfortunately it is supposed to rain on my drive down tomorrow... here's to hoping that I don't have another water, fuse box incident, lol. I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight worrying about making it down there- crossing my fingers she's good to me!

And thanks lightsource, that means a lot- I am kind of bummed to see Toby's car in person, because I know it will make mine look like crap, haha.
I say... heavy duty trash bag around your fusebox, heavy duty zip ties, heavy duty water resistance much?

Broadfield automatically gets seniority with his WTF-Mobile but don't worry, your cars will compliment eachother nicely. I wish the sun was gonna be out, nothing better than a shot with the sun at the right time of day. Rain or shine it's gonna be a great shot.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #617
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Alright, so I made the trip out to Normal, IL to meet and hang out with Toby and Kyle this weekend. I was really happy with how the car behaved for the most part and had a lot of fun! Cool dudes and nice cars down there! I snapped a few pics from the trip, but Kyle did some awesome shots of my car- I'm sure he will post them up after he has played Halo Reach for a few months first, LOL.

Here are some of my snaps from the weekend:

Shortly after arriving and washing the car:

At the photo spot after Kyle got out of work:

Toby and Kyle setting up the rig. No less than 15 bums came by to either ask us what we were doing, or take a piss in the parking lot, LOL:

Toby laying down the glue for the Bride fabric for me on Saturday night:

My car chillin' in the shop while we hung out and worked on the door panels Saturday night:

In the driveway at the start of the BBQ on Sunday:

Finished (mostly) door panel- I just need to add the piping to the edges:

So yeah, I had a blast- it was an awesome trip! Huge thanks to Toby for guiding me through the whole door panel process, I couldn't have pulled it off without him. And thanks a lot to Kyle too for working so hard to try to make my car look good in pics and for letting me crash at his place!

On the drive home, I hit a huge crater on I-55 and knocked one of my D-Max sidemarkers out- all that was left when i got to the gas station was half of the chrome internal housing and the bulb socket, lol. My lip suffered a ton of rock chips and one of my wheels has some paint issues as well. I also started to see some knock on my Power FC, so I need to address all of those things when I get time. Overall, though, I am really impressed with how the trip went- the car did really well! I had never driven it for longer than 2 hours on a trip before, so this was pretty fun!

My only gripes were the fact that I-80 was shut down in BOTH directions for a really bad accident, so I got routed all over the place in ridiculous traffic to get home to Michigan- that, and the fact that I think I am going to have a huge blister on my right heel from not having cruise control, LOL.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:57 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #618
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
On the drive home, I hit a huge crater on I-55 and knocked one of my D-Max sidemarkers out- all that was left when i got to the gas station was half of the chrome internal housing and the bulb socket, lol. My lip suffered a ton of rock chips and one of my wheels has some paint issues as well. I also started to see some knock on my Power FC, so I need to address all of those things when I get time. Overall, though, I am really impressed with how the trip went- the car did really well! I had never driven it for longer than 2 hours on a trip before, so this was pretty fun!

My only gripes were the fact that I-80 was shut down in BOTH directions for a really bad accident, so I got routed all over the place in ridiculous traffic to get home to Michigan- that, and the fact that I think I am going to have a huge blister on my right heel from not having cruise control, LOL.
Sick pics! It WAS sunny, that's good.

in response to your bumper!
3M Clear Bra Paint Protection | Paint Protection Film | Clear Bra Installation | Auto Clear Bra | San Diego | Escondido | San Leandro | Laguna Hills
Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #619
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

I'm in disbelief that he just quoted that entire post.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #620
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
I'm in disbelief that he just quoted that entire post.
haha wow, I didn't even realize.

TY for that
Old 09-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #621
Bumnah
Zilvia Member

Bumnah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Bumnah
Looks bad ass in this picture:
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #622
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Glad the trip went well, would like to know the secret to installing that Bride fabric or any door cards and getting them to stay there long term! More interior pics when you get a chance!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #623
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Damn, great thread man. I just went through all 21 pages haha, your car is so clean man! Props, so much inspiration.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:51 AM   #624
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
Glad the trip went well, would like to know the secret to installing that Bride fabric or any door cards and getting them to stay there long term! More interior pics when you get a chance!
S13 Door Card Insert « Broadfield's Blog

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-14-2010, 06:47 AM   #625
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ What he said, haha.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'll try to get some more interior shots this week.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #626
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

A couple rig shots, courtesy of the man Kyle Smith:

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #627
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Allow me to post the coolest one

Why hello there Toby.

I'm working on the rear rig shot tonight. I don't think the other stills turned out.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #628
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Epic Toby action blur, lol. I forgot about the rear rig shots- stoked! You do some awesome work man...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #629
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Rear rigs might turn out alright. Thanks for the compliments, I wish we would have had more time to get good day shots, I just wasn't feeling the black car at night thing! Plus we had doorcards to upholster and internet gossip to talk about.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #630
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Shots look really good man. Super nice car
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote