Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
Thumbs down BEWARE!!! Wake Co. Sherriff's Dept using unmarked Black Corvette Z06!!

story here...

Deputies find a need for speed :: WRAL.com
Old 07-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
doogstein
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
doogstein is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sucks for you guys. Our PD has an unmarked Charger SRT-8 and an unmarked green f-150 on 22's with neon and a body kit. friend got roped by the f-150 for speeding a month ago said he almost shit his pants when he saw what pulled him over.
doogstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #3
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Who cares? You don't have to worry about stupid stuff like this if you're not a dumb driver....
Old 07-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #4
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-s130 View Post
Who cares? You don't have to worry about stupid stuff like this if you're not a dumb driver....
yep yep. i ran across a camero unmarked. green. he ended up nabbing a kid on a street racing charge when the kid decided to race him. suits the kid right

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
not only will you get pulled over for bullshit mods like an exhaust.

you'll get pulled over in an unmarked car...

cali must be the life
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #6
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ You're an idiot.

Unmarked cars have been around for years, decades even, in practically all states worth having them. Nothing new, even if it's a sports car.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #7
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki.life View Post
yep yep. i ran across a camero unmarked. green. he ended up nabbing a kid on a street racing charge when the kid decided to race him. suits the kid right
wouldnt that be entrapment?
Old 07-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #8
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
TravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TravisSW
You're an idiot to race a Z06 anyways.
lol

Unless if you are modded pretty well.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ You're an idiot.

Unmarked cars have been around for years, decades even, in practically all states worth having them. Nothing new, even if it's a sports car.
yea this shits around in other states too

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #10
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
If you guys read the article, that's in North Carolina, and used for drug busts. Not street racers in California. Lol.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #11
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
unmarked cars are nothing new, drug seizure cars seem to always wind up getting repurposed like this. a buddy and i were pulled over by a 03-04 Cobra just a few years ago.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #12
airsoft
Zilvia FREAK!

airsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of light
I believe it was last year 2008 June, Cali court ruled ok to use unmarked law enforcement vehicles for traffic violations.

There was a ban of some sort using them for traffic, not anymore.
airsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #13
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
wouldnt that be entrapment?
so does that mean undercover drug busts are entrapment? cops soliciting prostitutes is entrapment?.......no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #14
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
^ It is entrapment, but the defense and what makes it legal for cops to do those types of operations is because it is presumed that a normally law-abiding citizen would resist the temptation to commit a crime if officers did nothing more than give him an opportunity to do so. The only way this fails for cops and actually becomes entrapment is if they pressure the person into committing the crime.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 07-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #15
gotspins13
Zilvia Addict

gotspins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gotspins13
he only wanted the car to have fun. cops do that all the time, they think oh cool fast car and we get it for free why not?!

gayyy.

perfectly said! FJ20ET 16 valve - the holy grail of Nissan engines
gotspins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #16
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
^ You're an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
unmarked cars are nothing new, drug seizure cars seem to always wind up getting repurposed like this. a buddy and i were pulled over by a 03-04 Cobra just a few years ago.
Yep, all those crown vickies with no markings, they are often used for drug busts and such.

Quote:
^ It is entrapment, but the defense and what makes it legal for cops to do those types of operations is because it is presumed that a normally law-abiding citizen would resist the temptation to commit a crime if officers did nothing more than give him an opportunity to do so. The only way this fails for cops and actually becomes entrapment is if they pressure the person into committing the crime.
yeah i doubt the officer driving the z06 would be revving his motor and instigating people into racing him... that wouldnt be happening.

overall, its not efficient for them to use a z06 for these types of tasks... because the car is just too fucking expensive.. its pointless. all for what, a ticket? it must serve some type of special purpose.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #17
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
I live near wake county, but my 240 isnt running at the moment so I dont stick out.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I got pulled over by an unmarked Plane before...FUCK FL AND THEIR SPOTTER PLANES!!!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
Herro

Herro is an unknown quantity at this point
In Vancouver we have a red Dodge Caravan with a new driver plaque.
Herro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #20
shade
Zilvia Junkie

shade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond reputeshade has a reputation beyond repute
My question is are they equipped with radar and all the fancy electronics they have in their regular police cruisers?
Old 07-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #21
DreamN
Post Whore!

Some are, but most aren't as they are commonly used to lure people to the cars and gain confidence so having all this electrical crap all over it wouldn't help. Cameras and audio recording is what a lot of them have if they're trying to get the person inside the car.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 07-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #22
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

overall, its not efficient for them to use a z06 for these types of tasks... because the car is just too fucking expensive.. its pointless. all for what, a ticket? it must serve some type of special purpose.
They want to be ballers like these guys.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #23
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I got pulled over by an unmarked Plane before...FUCK FL AND THEIR SPOTTER PLANES!!!
That must have been a while back. They can't do that anymore. Also, half the police cars here are unmarked. If I remember correctly the police can use their personal vehicles as cop cars too, and many get them equipped with the lights and all. I saw a G35 pull someone over, lol.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #24
Ares240SX
Leaky Injector

Ares240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
NC has a lot of random cars, I have seen state troopers pulling over people in bright yellow modded out 350Zs...
Ares240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
kc had a built supra years ago they use to try to lure street racers with... shit like that should most def be entrapment.. but we all know how the law works

for some reason we have a 80's iroc z as a full out cop car where i live... gay as aids, stereo and shit in it... makes you say wtf tax dollars
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #26
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Yep, all those crown vickies with no markings, they are often used for drug busts and such.

yeah i doubt the officer driving the z06 would be revving his motor and instigating people into racing him... that wouldnt be happening.

we have an undercover mustang here who revs at people and eggs them on. guy drives like a maniac..
Old 07-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #27
Chad4061
Zilvia Member

Chad4061 is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch glad i dont live there...closest thing we got to that is a charger and its not even a hemi lol small town
Chad4061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #28
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this just has to be one of them!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibG7N-CGa3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PlYlLaxV38

even tho the guys recordin the vid seem like fruitcakes too driving a neon srt4 or something
Old 07-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #29
FrankDukes
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
FrankDukes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
They should have a law that states, if you outrun the Z06, you go free, it's only fair.
FrankDukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #30
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The concept is actually very well thought out.
If you don't intend to 'street race', then nothing much happens when that Z06 revs on you..
Those who do, get what they deserve.

Only thing I'd do different (id I were the copper) is pull ppl over in some riced out civic.
Z06 might be too intimidating for your 'run-of-the-mill' street-racer.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote