Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:14 PM   #1
hybridcmk

Trader Rating: (1)
hybridcmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need some info

I'm buying a 1990 s13 hatch from a buddy. Has some work done to it and has a ka24de swapped. The cluster and cluster lights don't work at all. I saw that the harness that runs over the front wheels had been worn into and frayed some wires. Could this be the cause of the cluster not working? Anything else I should look into? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hybridcmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
DiscountPirate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DiscountPirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What did your buddy say about the issue? The right side wheel well harness being worn could affect it, maybe the wiring is hacked, maybe the plugs in back of cluster are not on tight. Either someone did not take the time to secure the harness in place or they beat on it when it was slammed. It's obviously a project car so go from there and unless he has receipts of you can visualize the parts, "has some work" means nothing.
DiscountPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 PM   #3
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Well the first thing I would say is, if you've identified damaged wires the obvious answer would be to repair those before you go trying to troubleshoot anything else.

#2 when you're finished, removing the cluster to check the connections on the back of it is an easy thing to do as well.

When you're done repairing those wires, make sure to tuck them further up and tie them down so that does not happen again.

Then go from there.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote