Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Ralo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Ralo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheel spacers, need some advice.

This goes to everyone who runs or has run wheel spacers.

Long story short I'm doing a z32 brake swap on my s14. My 5 lug wheels won't clear them without some spacers. I need atleast 50mm spacers, just to be on the safeside for the clearence issue.

I'm also doing a 5 lug swap that'll keep the center bore at 66mm.
I tried measuring the center bore of the rim and I came up with an approximate 74.92mm, which im guessing round down to 74mm with a small gap of .92mm. So the problem is the bore diameters dont match.

I was thinking get hubcentric spacers with 66mm diameter and get adapters from 66 to 74mm such as gorrilla or aluminums to match the bore of the wheel to keep it hubcentric.

Would this be the correct way to do this or am I thinking this wrong?

Any insight is appreciated [emoji1]
Ralo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2015, 12:52 AM   #2
OMFGeofffff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
OMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hubcentric rings. They're pretty common. It's the correct way to do it.
OMFGeofffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:09 AM   #3
sik240breh
BANNED

sik240breh is an unknown quantity at this point
you can get a spacer made to be hubcentric and for the wheel side, wheel centric, you just need the measurements and you are good to go. 66.1 i believe is your hub diameter it is on most 240s anyways, and if you use google, you can find out your exact wheel diameter, its on the internet somewhere for sure.
sik240breh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:56 AM   #4
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
what wheels do you have? 50mm is a really big spacer
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:51 AM   #5
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
talk to rb240. He is a spacer aficionado.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:03 AM   #6
Ralo
Leaky Injector

Sik240, you can get spacers that are hubcentric and wheelcentric even though I need 2 different sizes? If thats possible I imagine it to be above $250 for the set.

I have some JNC 010s evilson,
bleh[emoji58] . I found them at a ok price at the time I bought them. Regardless of knowing I was gonna do the z32 brakes the clearence was something I overlooked.

They have some miniscule space from the mounting point to the inside of the face maybe like 10or 20mms. Don't remember , I would measure but am working atm.
Also do you guys think 20in wheels be overkill for a s14?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1441040460342.jpg (54.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-31-2015, 11:10 AM   #7
pancakes
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
pancakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
2 inch wheel spacers? really? i have run 1 inch spacers before, but honestly since you aren't running them yet, and have the option to do something different, I would highly suggest it. those 2 inch spacers have the ability to give you some problems down the road. Why not just buy a set of wheels (z32, z33, aftermarket) that will clear the brakes without spacers? You can get into a set of z wheels for the price that those hub centric spacers are going to run you. Just my 2 cents

WTB s14 abs 5 speed drive shaft and vlsd
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:05 PM   #8
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Before you jump the gun on buying spacers, you can get an idea as to how much clearance you'll need by mounting a hub/rotor/caliper to the wheels themselves.

Quick reference pic.

Recommending this since you mentioned you'll be going 5-lug (meaning the parts aren't installed on your car).

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:59 PM   #9
sik240breh
BANNED

sik240breh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
Sik240, you can get spacers that are hubcentric and wheelcentric even though I need 2 different sizes? If thats possible I imagine it to be above $250 for the set.

I have some JNC 010s evilson,
bleh[emoji58] . I found them at a ok price at the time I bought them. Regardless of knowing I was gonna do the z32 brakes the clearence was something I overlooked.

They have some miniscule space from the mounting point to the inside of the face maybe like 10or 20mms. Don't remember , I would measure but am working atm.
Also do you guys think 20in wheels be overkill for a s14?
20in too big for s14 unless you are gonna be one of those cholos who make their cars dance with hydraulics.

let me explain again
for the side that attaches to the hub, you get it bored out to 66.1, for the outside of the spacer where the wheel sits, you can get that to match your wheel bore as well, it will look just like the part on your hub that is like a ring, except just a larger diameter so it fits your wheel perfectly, no problem for a cnc machine.
sik240breh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:47 PM   #10
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
You do not need 50mm wheel spacers. Usually 15mm spacers will do the job...

racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #11
Ralo
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik240breh View Post
20in too big for s14 unless you are gonna be one of those cholos who make their cars dance with hydraulics.

let me explain again
for the side that attaches to the hub, you get it bored out to 66.1, for the outside of the spacer where the wheel sits, you can get that to match your wheel bore as well, it will look just like the part on your hub that is like a ring, except just a larger diameter so it fits your wheel perfectly, no problem for a cnc machine.
Yea I though so, I found a good deal on 6 20in. Rims with tires for 300 .

And alright cool , yea thats what I was referring to in the o.g. post. Get the spacer hubcentric and get a adapter/ ring to make the spacer wheel centric. Thanks for confirming. Don't know if ill go through with the spacers or wait to get some wheels with bbk clearence. But I'll definitely recheck the size needed by putting the parts up to the wheel, like someone suggested.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #12
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
I have run s13 se wheels in the rear with z32 brakes with just a 10mm slip on spacer
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #13
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
50mm spacers are pretty huge. you didnt give any wheel specs tho

but generally youd need to be super low and cambered to not be super poking or have a mega high wheel offset

this is a 50mm spacer on the front of with a 9j +30 so -20 offset.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #14
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
Long story short I'm doing a z32 brake swap on my s14. My 5 lug wheels won't clear them without some spacers. I need atleast 50mm spacers, just to be on the safeside for the clearence issue.
50mm = ~2"

That is not a wheel spacer. That is a wheel adapter.

Keep extending that wheel out, fenders are not needed any longer.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #15
yzrider450f
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
yzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
50mm = ~2"

That is not a wheel spacer. That is a wheel adapter.

Keep extending that wheel out, fenders are not needed any longer.
Uhh what?

It is most definitely still a spacer, just a big one.

An adapter changes bolt pattern.
yzrider450f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #16
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
He's saying that's a stupid size for a wheel spacer, which it is. If you need more than 15mm to fit your wheels, you have the wrong wheels.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider450f View Post
Uhh what?

It is most definitely still a spacer, just a big one.

An adapter changes bolt pattern.
Use your head. Who makes extended studs that are 2" extra in length? No one, because no one in their right mind would run a fucking 2" wheel spacer. Hence, the proper way to do it, besides doing it properly and running the right fucking wheel, would be to fab a wheel adapter that has the same bolt pattern.

Funny, a set of 4 high quality wheel spacers (or adapters) will probably outweigh just buying the proper wheel. You can run a stock Z32 wheel setup, Supra wheel setup, GTR wheel setup, and still not use a spacer.

This thread is just bad bad bad.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote