Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:51 PM   #1
Quise

Trader Rating: (0)
Quise is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 idling issue after EGR delete

Hey guys so I needed to do an EGR delete, plate is on, and the hole is plugged. Finally got the car to turn on and idle for a while, but it's idling around 2,000 now rather than 1,000. After letting it sit for about 2 minutes it drops down to like 600rpms and sounds like it's about to die. I can give it some gas and it'll save it but still, that's not supposed to be happening. There are no leaks as far as i can tell, i had a few but i fixed them. The hoses are connected, the plugs are all the way tight and there is no air seeping from the egr plate blockoff. There is a slight exhaust leak at the beginning of my cat delete that i will worry about later, but i know that shouldn't be the issue considering last week i was running the car with not even a downpipe on it and had no idle issues.

Before you try to link me to a EGR Delete thread/guide, I have looked at multiple different guides and i have double checked the leaks it had told me to check, - that fixed the other problems i was having, i'm having different ones now I believe. I have also cleaned out the IAC with intake NOT CARB cleaner, and so far nothing. I drove the car and it seemed perfectly fine, besides when i was at a stop i needed to rev a little every once in awhile to make sure it didn't die out on me.
Thank you
Quise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
DaChazIn

Trader Rating: (1)
DaChazIn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey did you ever find a solution? my car is doing the exact same thing
DaChazIn is offline   Reply With Quote